So, Skill Points are going to matter again -

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kimone, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Sbel Devoted Player

The title of this thread?
  2. TroEL Dedicated Player

I saw the title thanks. It was the substance behind it I was inquiring about.

No worries, I found it.
  3. AsgardKnight Well-Known Player

Did the same thing.. now going through low tiers to get SPs :p
    • Like x 1
  4. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I enjoyed the raid speed feats, especially the Dox speed feat. Also the no dying feats. Throne and Dox primarily. Most of the newer feats just don't hold as much meaning as those ones did.
    • Like x 3
  5. Veritech Loyal Player

I don't think sp are going to mean,
    As much as you think they will mean.

Gear, mods, trinkets, buff soders > sp stats
    • Like x 1
  6. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Considering this is only a personal issue for some, then there is nothing to address. I say this because obviously people are running the lower tier content or we wouldn't have all these silly stat clamping threads.

On a topic note, anything redone in the game that makes my toon stronger is a good thing. Now I will actually have a reason to get more feets.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Right now they mean Squat, so 'more is more'. Besides, that wasn't the question.
  8. Veritech Loyal Player

Ok I'll play. 500 CC bounties stands out for me because I decided to do it daily. 56 days in a row I hunted those npcs. When I finished there was a void in ny playtime where I didn't know what to do next :p

I only said that earlier because the title of the dev discussion is 'Making Stats matter' but has been widely interpreted as 'Making SP matter', where sp only really contribute to a fraction of our overall stats.
    • Like x 1
  9. FatherOfEvil Level 30

This is hardly a fact. SP give a definite boost, but past a certain point.... what are you talking about anyway, when you announce "So, Skill Points are going to matter again"????????
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

My favorite would be saving all the lion cubs in the Catwoman solo instance. It's just fun and when I finally got that feat for the first time I wad just so happy.
    • Like x 3
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The fact that they're removing CR differential so stats will becoming the primary driving force behind character performance again, instead of being artificially scaled due to CR differentials. Since SP drive stats they will matter more than they do right now where the primary force driving performance is 'how new is the **** you're wearing'?

And I'm not arguing whether or not SP give a boost or even if they matter in this thread - that's a song that never ends, my opinion on it (as well as everyone else's) is WELL documented, and beyond both of those statements...

That wasn't the question I asked.

I wanna know what everyone's favorite Feats are.
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I *STILL* don't have that feat. Though I do have a healer now so maybe I should go get it...
    • Like x 1
  13. FatherOfEvil Level 30

My sincerest and humblest apologies. I think you know something I don't know. It sounds great though. My favorite feats have been hard ones, involving teamwork, such as Medic! (back in the day) and In One Piece. I'm loving going for HQ arena wins, even though I'm not quite there yet. I love trying for Deathproof, even though I haven't got it yet.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Well, if you're a pro-SP guy? You'll probably like where this change is heading. I'm a pro-SP guy so I'm already a fan, because yeah - SP, Modding, Gear is a more... I dunno, involved form of character progression.

The Home Turf Arena stuff I'm still working on, and getting the FOS 3 in-fight Feats, yeah - those were fun.
    • Like x 2
  15. Yui Loyal Player

Skill points has always mattered. I dunno why OP said that it's going to matter again :)

Anyway, my favorite feats that I have accomplished are Epic Odyssey and Paradox Wave Speed Feat.
    Before any of you say anything, I'm talking about the Pre-nerfed Paradox Wave. It was really hard back then. None of the other feats can compare to these feats except maybe FOS2 Speed Feat because of people struggling at the bridge part.
    • Like x 1
  16. Taco Loco Active Player

toyman. ugh.....
    • Like x 1
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Those are one of the feat sets that border between 'Amusing' and 'Obnoxious' - definitely a unique set of feats though.
  18. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

In all fairness, skill points didn't matter all that much to begin with. However, this could change.
  19. Van_Gho Committed Player

My favorites are the ones i can complete without depending on anyone or dumb luck
    • Like x 2
  20. Zamara Dedicated Player

That's my favorite feat too xD it took me a lot to figure out a way to get it so when I did I took a lot of screen captures xD but one of the cubs was missing in the picture because he got trapped behind a door u.u
    It took me 2 years and had to respec everything to make sure I didn't have anything that could potentially kill the cubs, I did it without a weapon and with only lasso & fire ball in my loadout. And a bunch of sodas to stay powered because I was running out of power a lot when using them every 5 seconds.
    The trick was in pulling the other cats away from the cubs and before they hit the ground hitting them with fireball, that way they would die before even being able to hit me or the cubs. And walking carefully helps a lot too.