Work In Progress Making Stats Matter: Removing CR Differential

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't have plans right now to change existing skill points, but this is a topic to consider going forward when we eventually add more.
    • Like x 4
  2. darkscarletx Loyal Player

That is really awesome devs. Skill points and mods will matter again and people will know that you are high enough to do the job. The number of your might, dominance, vitalization and healing always is important to know if you will perform and I'm glad these will matter the most again in the game. Great job devs! I'm looking forward for this.

Also since stats will matter more than cr, does the mark revelancy will always be based on your combat rating? it will always be consider as level but to enter some contents, I think you will require a minimum stats based on the role you will use?
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

okay. only question i got right now, sadly my mind is blank.. to much News Okay Will the progression be on test Later this month or Later on? would love test this, since you know i always was complaining about SP...

i,m taking credit for all of this :p
  4. same Johnny Dedicated Player

> How is this going to affect CR relevancy, if at all? Are we still going to be limited in what we can run for marks or are there changes planned in that regard?

(Offering a suggestion to this, treat it as with Prestige, with diminishing returns.)

> Is gear level still increasing in the same way, as in Chest, Legs, Belt and Back level X, Shoulders, Feet, Head and Hands level Y, and so on?

> Is the CR formula changing again and are mods going to affect it again?

(Hoping they won't. It was a cheap way to skip tiers, in my opinion... Old ways had players running Nexus in T2 gear, as I recall it. Modding should be done for extra stats, not extra CR/content unlock)

Immediate reaction to this change was a big "Hell yeah!" for me. Trying to offer feedback and thoughts on it right now, more may come.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1. No changes to relevancy here.
    2. Yes, no changes to how gear level itself works.
    3. No, mods will not impact CR.
    • Like x 3
  6. Sleeping Forest Active Player

Fixed
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

Many are asking about how pets will be affected.
    Pets have always scaled with cr in the past, even pre-gu47 when earth was that black sheep power that got comments like "oh great an earth dps/tank", "just switch to ice" & "why you not rage".

Will their stats still scale with cr, yet the cr differential be removed from the damage equation?

Or

Will the pets now scale with other stats, such as a might & prec calculation?
    • Like x 2
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

will these changes, be here before Xboxone Release or after? i,m cool with either way i play on PC ;)
  9. Magician Dedicated Player

Please tell me how this means regarding alts. It appears that they are no longer relevant because this game is focusing on stats and not CR. It's not going to be possible to have alts keep up with end game content under this model. Thank you
    • Like x 4
  10. DarkAya Dedicated Player

So crafting again? Oh like hell I'm gonna run Metropolis and Gotham looking for bits, I'm too old for that lol.
    This is PVE and PVP right? At least reduce Synthetic mods prices :rolleyes: to like 1MoV. Don't forget, back before GU47 we had 'cheap' Synth mods for marks of triumph!
    If someone plays just one character then it's fine, if not - #RIPalts.:(
    I don't mind this change but I don't feel like I'm dying to get this now. I'd like to see power balance first and weapon mastery being alternative to advance mechanics again.
    • Like x 2
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Add a FAQ section please. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Did you not watch the live stream magician??
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Pets will continue to have their stats scale with CR as they have - this is separate from CR differential.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lightws Dedicated Player

With all due respect. The CR changes should have never happened in the first place. But with that said at least it's being reverted back to what it ust to be. At least now SM isn't completely trivial anymore. Was kinda sick of the whole round 17 or 18 was the highest physically possible to get to. That kinda defeats the purpose of having 20 rounds. Although that being said the rounds should NEVER be infinite. That would again defeat the purpose of doing it.
  15. Gesenai New Player

I have been waiting for this day. I approve. Thanks Dark Horus for making a video on this.
    • Like x 2
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

With the help of friends and the whole Episode shtick I was able to jump from CR103 to 147 in a few weeks. Now... this. I'm not an avid PvE'er as I'm sure anyone reading this knows. So I'm just like: "I wanna see how this plays out." Lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. Lightws Dedicated Player

Pretty much this. Just now the user won't completely be useless in comparison to the pet. Or at least the user will be less useless in comparison.
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

I just got use to hero side, now i gotta move back to the villain side.. Darn Who needs a healer in their league?? :D
  19. Magician Dedicated Player

No Jareth, sorry I have not. Link me?
  20. Ichiro Loyal Player

Well on the surface this sounds great but how is this any different than CR differential? sounds to me like a way to get everyone to mod which means more sales in total recovery kits and no more using betas.

The only class that would benefit the most is DPS. Defense is capped so no help to tanks. Dom you only need the minimum no help to tanks or trolls. Resto already effects healers performance same with vit so no help to healers or trolls. Is the plan to make the small differences in say vit or resto stats make a huge in there performance. So we want the healer with 16001 resto over the healer with 16000 resto

Don't get me wrong I am all for stats mattering I just don't see how you can eliminate Cr differential all together. It is one of the core progression methods to upcoming players. I don't think cr differential should be eliminated all together only built upon with stats and mods to make a complete player.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.