Work In Progress Making Stats Matter: Removing CR Differential

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Will gaining SP now require skill. I mean killing 5K of the Reapers is not really skillful more boring grind. I want something like the races where it takes a bit of skill to acquire the feats.

Just curious.
    • Like x 3
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

That is balancing, still a work in progress on that. See my post above about my concern with this update and its possible impact to all the work they put into balancing powers.
  3. RREI Level 30

Does this mean as a tank my cr can drop while stats increase and i wont take more damage from npc's based solely on cr. Example equip mask or pendant of omnipotence based on item lvl cr drops.
  4. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I am so excited by this! :D
    • Like x 7
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

I knew it. I said last year, "OK, whatever, just stop changing major things all the time." And you guys said that it was good, you'd definitely be happy this time, blah, blah, blah. But now it's spring again. Every spring you guys decide to completely change a bunch of stuff, and alienate a bunch of people, and it never makes anything better.

Whatever.
    • Like x 6
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

As a Veteran player, I have 136 Skill Points. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it easily. If you do all the Solo Feats you easily get about 80 Skill Points by the time you hit Level 30. MMOs are a grind and new players will be fine.
    • Like x 3
  7. Greenchain Well-Known Player

This an amazing development!! Let me echo the thanks to Nerd and anyone else who brought about this change.

This should go a long way to helping the Precision power sets that desperately needs it.

1. Will this bring about the return of Precision Gear and Might Gear like Mogo has?
    2. Will SP's continue to be flat values or is there any talk of a % based increase?
    3. Will there be an retuning of stats on current gear? IIRC there were some significant stat changes when GU47 hit.

Again, this is HUGE!! Just WOW....:D
    • Like x 3
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Generally speaking, gear with better stats is also higher CR. However, yes, stats will be what matter. CR will not impact your performance at all.
    • Like x 15
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Your CR will stay the same and will only impact what content you can run. Surviving Boss fights and all that will now reflect on your Stats via Gear and Skill Points
    • Like x 2
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1. No, not related.
    2. Any changes like that would be beyond the scope of these changes and this discussion.
    3. Yes, stats on some gear will change.
  11. Captain JackDaniels Well-Known Player

This is indeed AWESOME news. Now please lets clear up a couple of misconceptions going on in the DC community.

1. People are constantly saying that only 2% of the population is at end game content, this is a myth. The numbers that come off the data base are total numbers from all time, not current. This means that probably 80% of total players actually no longer play. End game content players are probably closer to 80% of active players.

2. Most of the money DBG makes from DCUO come from end game players not anywhere else. Don't believe me check your league mates. I guarantee you 80% of current players are legendary and a few are premiums.

3. I understand the need for companies to keep bringing in new customers but the number one rule in LIFE is "don't bite the hand that feeds you"

4. Thank you DBG, I commend your efforts ;)
    • Like x 4
  12. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

I had friends that quit because of gu47. I can't wait to tell them the great news.
    • Like x 5
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The changes that were made originally when CR differential was introduced, I believe they were done because the numbers were getting out of control? I believe defence was a big issue?

Are these changes being reverted too? Or do those original changes carry over and merely the damage multiplier is being removed? Will the revert back to stat based difficulty bring back that original issue you were looking to fix in the first place?
    • Like x 4
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I must insist we stick to the topic at hand, please.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're looking at technical and UI-specific ways of overcoming ever increasing numbers. The original change was for that reason and for reasons of consistency. We'll keep the consistency but go back to large numbers.
    • Like x 5
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think it is more often than just every spring... :) We do recognize it is frustrating, and keep that in mind. We feel the negativity surrounding how CR differential worked out means the long term benefit of undoing it will outweigh the short term frustration from those apprehensive toward change.
    • Like x 10
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The discussion surrounding whether or not skill points should be a thing is off topic, and there is in fact another thread in Gotham on the topic if you would like to continue discussion.
    • Like x 3
  18. zor ile Well-Known Player

me too
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm not sure if this was answered I haven't been following the thread as I been out, but when you guys adjust stats will you be completely redoing the baseline for support and dps making the huge gap between them smaller as well or will you just take the current baseline for stats now and adjust accordingly?
    • Like x 1
  20. Furling Well-Known Player

Well, I'm in the minority, but I really liked how the CR differential worked out. At least there's one of us :) It was easy to understand, much easier to bring several alts to end-game ( I have 5 ), and I didn't have to spend countless hours farming exobits.

I would rather find a way to make skill points and mods more useful instead of throwing out the CR scaling altogether. Maybe every X SP's your effective CR goes up... Maybe top-teir mods increase the effect of the bonus gear gives you for modding correctly. ( i.e. beta mod give 1% extra healing, VII mod gives 7% healing... etc.).

But, I'm sure they wouldn't announce this without having talked it all through internally, and a lot of people seem excited by it. So, off to the races we go!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.