Raid etiquette.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VV, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Sbel Devoted Player

I am somewhat surprised at how defensive some PS players are. For years I've been seeing PS players complain about how awful PS players are. Now PC players are agreeing with you. Shouldn't you be happy? :D
    • Like x 4
  2. VV Dedicated Player

RIP
  3. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Can we all just take hands and sing Koungbaya? And be respectful to each other?
    • Like x 4
  4. LT Schmitt Committed Player

only if you are on PS not PC!!!
    • Like x 1
  5. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I'm on USPS and when the cross play was live, I was greeting all pc players. I welcome everyone. Some PS are really bad but not all.
  6. LT Schmitt Committed Player

take a joke
  7. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Actually.....:::waits for fight::: on wavedox and most of the other DCUO lookups we are ALL on USPS now ::::chuckles to self at irony::::
    • Like x 2
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

Yeah. They call it crossplay but all they did was shut down the PC server and funnel us all onto the PS server. I am not saying that to validate in any way the notion that people should have to accept the more negative aspects of the community at large due to being "refugees" or whatever.
    This. However many of us there are, we are almost universally opposed to the vitriolic, immature, disrespectful and rude behavior that PS players themselves have complained about forever. You just got a few thousand (or more) allies to your cause and, instead of rallying behind the banner of finally cleaning up the community, you stonewall and ***** people out every time someone mentions a bad experience they had with a PS player like they just called your sister a ugly ***** (rhymes with bore) or something. It's both sad and interesting at the same time.
  9. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

You can be opposed to that stuff and not point fingers at PS. If you're against that then stand up, but the us vs. them is unwelcome and you will get backlash for it. There have been people who have said things before and the answer is to block those players and file a report, not come on forums and fuel the flames.
    • Like x 3
  10. MrGT Well-Known Player

Really there are "bad apples" on both sides with out a doubt. To generalize on PC or PS is not fair. I'm not surprised that PS players are getting defensive as a lot of negativity has been directed at them. Those of us coming from the PC side probably notice it more because of the substantial more players on PS side then there were on PC side so law of averages means we gonna see it more. I have had my chat tab filtered on the PC side for a very very long time so while I can say I have seen more of it since the merger I can not say it a PS thing. I have very good mates who are PS gamers through and through and they are top people.

Is bad behaviour (from both sides) acceptable? No!. Should we just accept it as ok? No! Is blaming the other side going to help the situation? Not at all!
    • Like x 4
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

My first reply to the OP:
    We had people leaving duos at jump due to CR or power or role before the merge. We had asshats spewing elitist/racist/profane crap all over the game before the merge. We had all the negative crap (other than open mics, that is a PS-exclusive annoyance) before the merge. What we didn't have was those things in such alarmingly large quantities. For some reason or another, behavior like that was handled by the community relatively quickly. Now, it seems like the message is "deal with it" because the good apples have given up trying to weed out the bad apples. That message sucks.

What baffles a lot of people more than anything is that defeatist attitude and the willingness just to turn the other cheek and say "that's how it is." It's obvious that people don't like the bad stuff. Why can't the merge be taken as an opportunity to improve the situation instead of plugging your fingers in your ears and crying "you said PS sucks so **** you" every time something is said?
    • Like x 3
  12. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One will not change the way he plays nor cater to any Pc player. You people needed the Player Supreme side just to survive and now have the nerve to make demands. The Bad guy always has his mic on and so do all of his league mates and friends. The people talk and joke and most importantly communicate verbally. You Pc peons need to wake up and accept that the Ps player is the bread and butter of this great game and you mouse clickers are living in the past. How dare you peasants make demands.
    • Like x 1
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Harlequin I am PC lol I just thought it was funny please forgive the ramblings of an old reprobate
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

It is funny. I wasn't poking at you.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

We've been trying to change the community since the beginning, haven't we. We've all tried to show our side, argue why it's best and why we're "right" or tried to find commong ground. That's at least the way I've seen it over the years. But people are people, sometimes they just don't want to hear. We've also never truly been united when we've tried to push for change... hell that's even part of the problem that we've got going on with the devs because they are trying to balance the opinions of everyone.

That's how this is going to start, the folks on the forums would have to try to find a way to get all on the same page, present a united front and hope that we can somehow turn the tide of those not on the forums (because at the end of the day the larger community isn't even on these forums) but we can't do that divided.
  17. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I think some ps players can do some compromise, also there's a way to be respectful to each other too.
    Like the mic example. If I might eat something, I'll turn off my mic. If I want to listen to music, I'll do it when I play with my friends or people who doesn't mind. If I have a flu or cold, I won't use my mic in random pug and annoy others. It is called respect towards others, and we are strangers too in pug. It is not hard. Try to give it a try. I'll do everything I can so the pc players have a good experience whenever they play with me. Not push them away. We all play the same game for the same reasons. To have fun.
    • Like x 2
  18. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

If someone brings out the doritos or is pissing in my ears they get muted and I move on. That's all I'm saying here.
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

Queued into League Hall: Malfunction as 112 DPS. Partner, a 133 troll, walked straight out so I soloed it. People need to get it through their heads that this stuff IS NOT HARD, even a couple of CR below recommended.
    [IMG]

I even got a feat on Mad Harriet.
    [IMG]
    Eat it, quitters.
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

This happens all the time. Some PS players are very lazy. I mean replace the battery already.