Test Discussion GU 58: Rage Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunso Developer

Yeah that's definitely not what we want happening. Although it won't be there for this weekend, we'll be making sure that Dreadful Blast doesn't exceed it's intended mid-range maximum DPS output.
    • Like x 5
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

May I ask why frenzy wasn't included in the mid-ranged update?

Its confusing for me because our advanced mechanic is combo based.

And frenzy is also a power that allows rage users to combo.
    • Like x 1
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I'm thinking that it's something to do with Relentless Anger. For some reason, it shows up on the damage breakdown on dcuolog and it's doing damage. Without RA, I get midrange results at melee with Dreadful Blast. It's a little weird.
    • Like x 1
  4. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah this is something that I think is correct. Plasma Retch and Galling Eruption is just vanilla damage to complement your combos and I'm pretty sure you don't need the PI once the AM is up and running. When I used Retch, I wasn't having any issues transitioning between powers and I got the midrange average of 33k. Using Galling, I also got the same 33k. I have to test with just Bloodlust in the future.
  5. Rokyn Dedicated Player

See Relentless Anger above? I'm thinking that may be the issue. With RA, you get the 35k average and without RA you get the midrange average.
  6. Fies Committed Player

Its RA for sure. As far as I understood DB loadouts (all of them) in general arent supposed to exeed mid-baseline and will be toned down accordingly.
    • Like x 1
  7. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Relentless anger should be doing damage no?
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

I hope they can fix this without nerfing D.Blast. Because that wouldnt be nice.
  9. ItsRem Well-Known Player

As of this update, it would appear that Revenge is now broken. Hold melee registers, but it does not do the "slam" combo.
  10. Fies Committed Player

Just for my understanding of the log-analyzer: in the "combat breakdown" (test116) if I add up "AVG" values I get 34438. Is there sth wrong with the tool or am I missunderstanding sth? Did you exclude parses and it didnt adjust accordingly? (just an idea no offense its perfectly fine just curious)
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i think that might be just you with the timing i was on test this morning no problem.
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Alright cool will do
  13. Rokyn Dedicated Player

No, that's completely all my data from melee. That's data from melee combos from page 1, just as an example of RA doing damage. I haven't posted my DB and RA parses yet but I can confirm I'm getting your numbers as well. I wasn't exceeding 33k at midrange before because I wasn't using RA.

That's not parse data, that's the individual powers and their damage. I don't think that if you add it all up, it will give you the actual parse average. My parse data is on page 1 with all the parses with the damage breakdown.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fies Committed Player

Nvm just saw it. Otherwise the % wouldnt make sense also. The numbers (AVG added up) were just that close and I didnt look further. I get exactly 11.6% (of overall dps which could still be coincidence) for RA in the DB loadout across 3 full tests. So the increase in close-range (DB-spam) should be really coming from RA. If we assume 37k/s - 4292/s(11.6%) = 32708/s which is within the range that DB midrange does it should be about right.
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Can't hit Revenge and Neither can Trex just leads into Weapon Combo....
    • Like x 1
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

Would it be possible to add a Plasma Burned PI to either Rage Blast or Ragebringer? Rage, Light, and Celestial are the only powers in the game without access to a power interaction at Tier 1. Light gets access to a PI at Tier 2, Celestial has no damage-affecting PI's, and Rage gets access at Tier 5.
  17. Avian Dedicated Player

Tunso is it intended that Savage state on its own when it comes to melee combos isn't supposed to do enough damage to compete with the damage other close range AMs do? Without Relentless Anger it's basically just mid-range damage you'll get with meleeing so I think that's why Dreadful Blast with Relentless Anger (still in very short range) is able to keep up with the melee combos and even do more some times.

Personally I wouldn't mind if Dreadful Blast stayed the way it is now because the range for Relentless Anger really is very short and increase the damage of the melee combos so they are in the 38k range.

Edit:
    I also can't combo Revenge after the update to it btw.
    • Like x 1
  18. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Yep it looks like broken you cant hit combo with Revenge .
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Concerning cooldowns:
    Outrage's cooldown is longer than the exact amount needed to prevent clipping Extra Measure with tray Outrage.
    Revenge for example has shorter cooldown than Outrage and you still cant clip Revenge Spin with tray Revenge.

Outrage's cooldown needs to be shortened by something like 0,4sec maybe so we can combo like:
    Outrage> Extra Measure clipped with Revenge>Revenge Spin clipped with Outrage.

With current cooldown by the time we are done with Revenge Spin, Outrage is still in cooldown.
    I think giving Outrage same cooldown like Revenge will do just fine.
    • Like x 5
  20. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Is Revenge working for u ?
    I mean Rage combo when u hold melee ( left mouse ) it should hit "revenge spin" but its not its hiting with melee weapon atack for me its look like broken hmmmmmm ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.