Prison Break expert

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by At Least I’m Tryin, Feb 18, 2016.

1. At Least I’m Tryin Well-Known Player

Since a search of "Gotham City" gave me no results for Prison Break expert , here's a thread for the discussion of it.
    Getting past Grodd is a real bear.
    • Like x 2
  2. Castrato Well-Known Player

Keep moving and don't stay in 1 place for to long incase Grodd decides to jump on you hopefully you have moved from that location that he jumped at.

Also pay attention to where the fire projections will be placed abs who they're following. Call out where they're going/who they're following.

Don't stack up on top of each other and stay range of you can
    • Like x 2
  3. Ichiro Loyal Player

More like wrestling a gorilla. ;)

there a thread in the developer discussion
    • Like x 2
  4. Sbel Devoted Player

5. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Agreed. The trickier fights are Gorilla Grodd and Doctor Light. Grodd requires everyone to be on point. I prefer to run Prison Break (Elite) with 2 healers and 2 controllers. Grodd needs to have a debuff at all times, and I believe he points before he leaves the tank and goes out towrads another player. Just block, and roll away quickly. The little pink psychic teeth chompers that are floating around? When they stop moving that is where the firey AOEs spawn. I believe the chompers will follow people. So if you notice them coming at you try and let the AOEs spawn behind the group by where you enter the fight. The consoles also debuff Grodd, but at the cost of power from the group, seems to me, which is why 2 controllers for that fight is hugely helpful.

Doctor Light is also a pain. But it's all about playing smart. His skulls before his attacks show up now. Block every single time you see it. His rotating light beam is a push effect/damage (likely a 1 shot if you're not blocking). Even if you're blocking, it will push you back, so hold block until he is done to avoid death. When the concentrated orbs come out, focus on the one that Doctor Light is drawing powers from, and take out the two near the room's entrance. Block when Light does his skull attack, I believe this is the Sunder Strike attack. It will deal more damage every time he does it. On the third strike, it's a one shot kill (even to a tank, if heals are lacking) if you aren't blocking. Now I'm not sure if after that third time if it resets back to the first low intensity again? Or am I wrong here?
    • Like x 2
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Debuff grodd. How simple is that. It doesnt take rocket science. And Dr. Light. If your burn is not there remember that he puts a stackable debuff on the tank so if you dont have the burn you may need 2 tanks for the last boss or good dps with personal shields.
    • Like x 2
  7. Controller Devoted Player

Thanks for tips people - keep em coming!

Been trying this the Solo Troll way and it is TOUGH - especially at Grodd.

Great to see content out there that requires dual roles.
    • Like x 1
  8. GhostFly Killah Committed Player

It's all about the debuffs on grodd and just avoiding his lunges and pink fire.. It's very hard for one troll to keep those debuffs up due to all the ads getting in the way, but there's no excuse for a troller that doesn't run with a damage AND defense debuff at all times.
    • Like x 2
  9. TestReporter Loyal Player

I always do Grodd fight 5-1-1-1 ( even got the 0 deaths feat this way) but here are my tips for the new guys:
    2 tanks is the easiest way to beat it, 1 tank get the adds while the other gets grodd in a corner, troll must keep def and attack debuff all the times, when grodd pulls the group, its really helpfull when someone uses a SC, Mass Density, Consagrated Ground and the trolls SCs helps a lot, if u use 2 tanks i don't see why get 2 healers, but if u see its going to help you, go for it, i don't find 2-2-2-2 a good way to beat it, the faster grodd dies the better it is for the group, always avoid the pink balls, it takes some time to explode, time enough to run away even if you are doing a combo/channeled attack.
    For the Dr Light fight its better to go with 2 tanks, haven't seen any atomic/rage/fire tank soloing that fight and not dying a lot, its really hard for ice but can be done if the group/tank knows what to do, all earth tanks i've seen done this without any trouble, this fight can be done without a tank, but it'll take a lot of burn and the group will have to block/lunge more, you can always get a guardian or a brick to tank him :p, when u see a skull, u always block, tank immunity/group shields can help you a lot, when he gets in the light bubble, u destroy 2 spheres ( can be 3, depends on the DPS) then u keep blocking to avoid any death, Dr Light must always have a def/atk debuff.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Similar to UM Elite, there's just one too many things going on in the Dr. Light fight. The encounter is a chaotic mess.
  11. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

In the Doctor Light fight? I think there is more going on in the fight against Grodd. You have consoles, needs always to be debuffed, multiple AOEs, boss pulls, boss aggro dumps, adds, adds have skull attacks, Grodd has skull attacks, Grodd charges people, and a partridge in a pear tree.

While all Doctor Light has is orbs, fire AOEs, a drone, and some skull attacks.
    • Like x 1
  12. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

PBE is easy.
    Its all about group positioning in the boss fights, especially at Grodd and Doc Light.
    Doc Light isn't as hard as people think, the entire fight has phases unlike Grodd's and Doctor Light is easier to read than Grodd.
    There should be two tanks at Grodd fight unless the entire group can read Grodd, Adds and the mechanics as well as kite around the room.
    Doc Light could be two tanked or solo tank reads Light and farm immunities through lunging his ranged attacks while group burns and blocks through the one shots that have tells.
    • Like x 1
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I disagree. I find the Grodd fight much more manageable, maybe it's due to having room to move. Dr Light fight is, again similar to Trigon in UM, very cramped. Fire spawns way too often and having to avoid that and Light's skull attacks and the light balls shooting you and the drones is again, just one too many things.
    • Like x 1
  14. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

The space is helpful, yes. But mechanics wise, I just think Grodd has more going on in that fight. Not to down play the Doctor Light battle at all, it's still plenty tough to an inexperienced group and even experienced teams.

In the end, if you don't know what is going on, either fight is going to put you through a world of hurt.
    • Like x 1
  15. Castrato Well-Known Player

For Dr Light fight, you don't need a tank btw. 1 heal of two troll and 5-6 dps. ONLY kill the orbs that Dr Light tries to suck up and leave the others. Block on skull and like every 20%ish block as he does an aoe conal 1 shot. Rinse and repeat until he's dead.

Also, anytime you see the drone you kill it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Grodd has a bad habit of spawning aoe orbs, then pulling group to him making two aoes instantly triggering while everyone deading.
    I think rest is quite manageable.