Question for pc players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Zlohsac Committed Player

It is really hard for me to get behind using in-game chat. I think I had used it once a couple years ago and immediately hated it and turned it back off. I turned it on and went to the middle of the WT after crossplay happened and just stood there for a few minutes to see what it was like. The amount of mouth breathing and just overall offensive noises violating my ears was enough for me to turn it off again. I really don't know how PS players do it, it's just horrible.

I'll stick to TS with my league or the chat box with PUGs.
  2. Nemisor Committed Player

Another issue is the types of people in TS and in game chat.

With TS its generally people you know and get on with, so if you make a mistake your not going to get abused for it.

with in game you have no idea who your really talking to. one mistake and you may have several people just ripping the s*** out of you. and that will ruin your experience pretty quick.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Sadly that won't ever happen. Asking the entire ps community to change how they play after 5 years. Wont happen
  4. Nemisor Committed Player

which is the same as asking the PC players who have also been playing for 5 years to change theirs.

At some point there is going to have to be give and take between the two sides of this issue. it seems that in most cases the best way is for people to use PTT when on in game chat. how we handle offenders is up to the community i guess.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Pretty much. Asking either side to change thier play style is rough.

The villians will be forced to adapt I feel because of how low thier population was on pc.

The hero's will fight back forth over the issue.

I could be wrong but I do feel the villians will adapt because they outnumber by PS 1:4 ratio. I feel
  6. Delta796th Loyal Player

I know I'm gonna take some heat with this response, but I think it does need to be said.

@ PC player, go to watchtower, HOD etc...really anywhere. Hit nearby and look at the people you see...The number should absolutely astound you as to the difference in players PC vs PS. At any given place I look it's maybe 3-4 PC and 20+ PS
    This merge had nothing to do with PS and absolutely everything to do with PC (in terms of players)

Instead of griping about mouthbreather / crunch n munch / or likes to sing guy...simply turn the volume of that player DOWN.
    Sure they are being rude jack-holes, but you aren't going to change that. What you are doing is separating yourselves from the crowd which can be really fun to talk with and run. Not to mention if you get into a raid that needs some communication for whatever reason, unless you are #1 DPS by a longshot (some tanks too) you will likely catch the first vote (it sucks, but it's the truth)

No we can't type as fast as you on a controller (I know I can't) and we can't type when down...PTT sometimes is glitchy at best
    so the majority of us run with mic open. That doesn't mean we can't use chatbox more, or learn how you guys do certain things, but 5 years in the PC community (that at least when I look at nearby was all but dead by numbers I see on) is merged with a community many times larger. They give and take is going to be MORE give and LESS take for the smaller group.

Pretty much every PC run I've had has been pretty good with people communicating in game, yet when I come here all I hear is PS that, PC this...blah blah blah
  7. Unida Dedicated Player

PC here, we use Teamspeak for the league and if there is any comms needed in a pug etc we type/read. no real need for instance chat, I've turned it on a few times since the merge and the amount of trash that's talked in group, in the WT, and out in open world is just not worth the pain of listening. The moan ingame is REAL.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

That's what I don't like about these threads, they always end up with people insisting that everyone on the other platform needs to "change."

Me, I'm not planning on changing anything, and I don't expect anyone else to either. So you can all leave your mics on all the time, and I'll mute everyone who makes too much noise. Anyone who is bothered by that can kick me, and I won't be offended because I understand that people can kick for whatever reasons they want, no matter how silly those reasons seem to me. Eventually everyone who requires voice chat will either ignore me or be on my ignore list, and everyone loud will be muted, and then it'll be all good.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So what happens when ur Ingore list fills up. Because there thousands of PS players?
  10. Sbel Devoted Player

Thousands of PS players, yes, but not all of them are annoying. And I'll just be muting most, not ignoring.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Fair enough. But I'd argue one half are annoying maybe more
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

But they shouldn't change because there are more people on the PS and it's been that way for five years... Ok.
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I never said they should though. I said I image the villians are gonna adapt because of how dead the population was on pc
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

see thats the thing I play with ppl who buy good mics, not the crappy blu tooths at wal mart.
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I wont, nor will ppl I play with, we'll continue to play the way we play.