Question for pc players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, Feb 16, 2016.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

well then I hope I dont get in groups with folks with the same mind set as yourself then.

b/c if you cant at least be a part of the team your with then you need find a different game, perhaps a single player game is more up your alley? So its only you and nobody else. That way you can be anti-social til your hearts content.
    • Like x 1
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

I like to use voice chat with voice changer. Those poor heroes had to deal with a PC Villain tank, top CR, with a 9 year old voice. I got them to last boss then I had to leave. So yes, some PC users use voice.
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Open implies it's on all the time so everyone can hear what you ate for lunch and your Darth Vader impression.
    • Like x 4
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

Use PTT and there would be no problems. I'm very social, relatively speaking, but I have no interest in your music, your roommate's flatulence, your dog's barking addiction or any number of other things that assault my ears when people leave their mics open.
    • Like x 3
  5. Pink Revenge Committed Player

oh this is PC? you prolly can. i missed that. PS players have to stop playing, pull up virtual keyboard, slowly type, meanwhile dead.
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

You do realize not everyone is like that correct? And you act as if that only happens on playstation. Most the time I'm in my own chat or league chat. If its loud at my house I'm in my personal chat.
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

You can have a open mic in a raid without any issues. Knoww how? Don't be in chat with complainers ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. SSeid Committed Player

The thing you have to consider is that PC players have the option of something way better and more useful. PS players unfortunately are stuck with the in-game features. Nothing wrong with them, but the quality that in-game voice chat offers is non-existent by comparison to TS.

You only use the in-game because you don't have PS access to TS or other programs. I and many many others have a problem with push-to-talk. I have voice activation on TS so having to press a button is a major inconvenience and playing with the mic constantly on is just horrible.

For pugs you text. Easy to do with a keyboard.
  9. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

They do have other options actually. Party chat on the PS4 would be their clearest option of voice chat.
  10. DarthJafo Committed Player

it will likely be the same on Xbox. In ESO more often than not we use party chat over game chat because its much clearer. Area chat is the first thing i turn off because tens of people all standing around jabbering at the same time is just to much.
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

On PS if you go down you cannot type, hey pick me up. It is why Mics are preferred.
  12. Delta796th Loyal Player

Unfortunately for this to work, they have to be invited into the session and still can't hear anyone outside said group.
    Chat box is fine, voicechat is preferred
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

So you enjoy the lucid tone of people breathing too loudly. Each to their own. Ever thought that using PTT would let you speak and people won't know about your Doritos addiction.
    • Like x 5
  14. Phill Committed Player

I know a player that was kicked out of a couple raids yesterday by PS players because he did not have chat on. The player is deaf and cannot hear.................Total BS if you ask me. How about the PS guys learn how to type or ask if there are any reasons as to why chat is turned off. It could be that the parents do not want to hear all the garbage spewing from these kids mouths. It could be thousands of things.
    Me personally.....I cannot stand voice chat. There are way to many people moaning, groaning, complaining and being just down right rude ( ie...eating , drinking, burping, farting, kids screaming or momma telling them to get off the !@$%#*&*^% .....game).

Like others stated before. I will use chat only with league and or friends but TBH voice is not needed. I do not need to here anything but what is happening in the game. Make a plan before you enter and that's it. Kind of simple if you ask me. Who needs some moron screaming about something that did not go his way. I know I do not.
  15. Flair Well-Known Player

This has been my biggest gripe with crossplay. I am a PC player for the record. On the PC side an open mic was considered the height of rudeness and people who would not use push to talk were often eventually kicked from raids if they refused to close their mics. Right after the Merge with PS, I was literally overwhelmed by the noise coming off of PS players channels. While trying to become immersed in a superhero MMO, I really,really don't need to hear you have a 5+minute conversation with your wife about what's for dinner.
    That said, I fully understand that the PS community is coming from a different perspective and conditioning than us PCers when it comes to how we like to play the game. Neither is "correct", they are just preferences. Each side has annoying traits the other side may not like, but in an effort to be positive about the new life crossplay has given the game, we should all be patient with each other and try to adapt.
    I often watch tv, play my guitar, or even help my kids with homework while playing DCUO. My personal play experience involves doing more than just playing the game. As such, voice and even all sound is often turned off when I play. The nice thing about me though (and in my experience a lot of other PC players) is that we take the time to learn specific strats BEFORE we start a fight. That may involve Google or it might even involve typing a few questions beforehand, but I usually like to know what to expect prior to rushing in to a battle. Maybe it's the Batman in me!
    • Like x 5
  16. Morcra Committed Player

you know i see people here complaining about ps players insisting they use mics and like....well we have more options then them. Not every ps player has a keyboard next to them that they can use. We can type what we want in seconds. To a ps player with a controller it will take them a considerable amount of extra time to type. Even if they had a keyboard it would take extra time due to them having to put down their own controller.

it aint really a win win situation.
  17. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

The OP is addressing PC players, we aren't talking about PS here, thanks for your input though.
    • Like x 1
  18. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Same thing with teamspeak
  19. SSeid Committed Player

Sorry I do not know how the voice chat systems work on PS and what options there are. I assumed that since most are using the in-game system it is the best available.
  20. DarthJafo Committed Player

I can definetly see how voice is preferable if used right. I mean its a lot easier to SAY block than for someone to stop fighting long enough to type it. Plus, idk about anyone else but when I'm in a fight the last thing I pay attention to is the chat window. I'm either looking at players health or power or seeing if anyone needs reviving.

I like voice chat over typing as a whole, but more often than not its misused for all of the reasons stated. I have to listen to happy little shitestains yapping from the neighbors, I don't need to hear it when I'm trying to relax and play.

if everyone got into the habit of muting thier mic unless they have something to say..game related of course, then voice chat would be a much better option
    • Like x 2