Question for pc players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, Feb 16, 2016.

1. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

Man, I am trying to accomodate you PS players but whenever I turn on in game voice, there is some dude heavily breathing in my ear or accidentally pressing push to talk every 5 seconds and making a horrible screeching sound. I've kept it on in several instances and the only time I've encountered someone from the PS talking, they were discussing college football.
    • Like x 2
  2. Sbel Devoted Player

Good players learn to recognize the reflect. Not so good players fail a lot and probably end up on a lot of ignore lists.

I'm always kinda puzzled by PS players who insist they need voice chat for every single raid. I usually notice reflects without being yelled at. I usually notice someone is down and revive them without being yelled at. And I'm a filthy casual. So why can't you?
    • Like x 9
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Go play on ps3 side by side a ps4. Then come state your opinion.

Best way to describe it
    • Like x 2
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

'Use a keyboard'. That is all.
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

He wouldn't be able to, in the time the PS3 logs in, the PS4 is already half way through the instance.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Doesn't help ps3 has visual problems eithe
  7. ErnieB Loyal Player

Almost everyone uses the box, on PC the in game chat was bad a couple of years ago, even though they fixed it sometimes it still breaks. Even with TS you still have to be invited to use it, in the end we rather just type. Also I really don't see why it's so hard for you guys too see us using the box so much, don't forget most of us PC players comes from other MMO's where the main form of communication has been the box. Others like myself play a lot of RTS games, so where used to using the keyboard mainly for everything. And there's people that raid using Skype also, not just TS.
    • Like x 1
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

Also there are some players who are just a pain in chat, and not because they scream a lot, but just they way they talk. Can's make a single sentence without cursing, have a lot of background noise, and seem to think that just because they are the only one talking all the time they can take over the raid, so start giving instructions on every single detail, yet half the time they are wrong, and even when we him he's wrong, he still giving instrcutions. This isn't just a PS issue, it's on both.
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Its just how we are. We are use to ingame communication via mic
    • Like x 1
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

we're the other way, I'm playing the game with a X1 pad, but for 10 years before I even started using it on PC (i always had a console, just didn't care for a pad on PC) I always used the key. Played Crysis, CoD, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Ocean, and even emulated games with a keyboard. The reason I play DC with a pad is because when I started I was on PS3, but I didn't like the lag so I went to PC, but since I was used to the pad I decided to get one for PC, from then on I got used to it on most games. I was even thinking of getting the Steam controller to play RTS games with it, but a mouse is still always better.
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

The PC has other options. Ppl wonder why PS has open mics is because they don't want to hit a button to talk. I bet it wouldn't be as bad if we had Skype TS mumble for ps
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

pc players focus on the task first and type after

PS: on first day after merge i meet a couple of darth vaders, no more.
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

We use PTT in those other options, too. Open mics get you muted and, if it continues, IP banned from our Ventrilo server. It's pretty difficult for the raid leader to discuss strategy and give instructions while XxBATMAN2099xX is taking bong rips while eating Doritos in everyone's ear.
  14. dresserball Dedicated Player

I use push to talk while fighting with ease. My buttons are control and x together.

I am tired of open mics and hearing button mashing, voices talking in the background, and what seems like potatoe chips being eaten.
    • Like x 2
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Well all of our league (pc) member who's on voice uses the in-game chat for the sake of avoiding the hassle of a third-party VO. And we do have the 2 variety of mic users, PTT and open mic. We're very accommodating when it comes to voice since we haven't really had the trouble of members violating the mic.

What Sbel said, that's probably the only time we find voice chat useful is when there are clusterfck mechanics. HH, unlike LaW (which Carol and WW actually shows skull), Lashina's reflect in HH doesn't have a skull warning and at certain points, because of power visuals, is hard to see.

Consider too that the average PC gamer has, probably, a fast CPM/WPM (character/words per minute). So a sentence for us regardless of just standing or in the middle of a raid, takes us 2-3 seconds.

And this is probably just me but, there are certain unavoidable instances that the raid isn't going so well and I'm probably raging, like if i had voice chat on i'd probably say things I wouldn't be able to take back. With typing you can you think before you press enter. I've had 2-3 moments of backspacing an entire rage textblock. =)
    • Like x 3
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

It's not just you. lol
    • Like x 2
  17. DarthJafo Committed Player

I have my PC connected to my 60inch so I play on PC on the couch. Thus..typing isn't much of an option. Although I suppose I could look for that chatpad I have stashed somewhere. When I do have something to say I get up and go to the PC.

note to PS players..just because you have a mix does NOT mean you need to jabber ALLTHE TIME. Silence is very definetly preferable in nearly all cases. Unless discussing mechanics and whatnot.
    • Like x 1
  18. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Is it too soon to make a joke without starting a PS/PC war about PC players having supreme skills that do not require verbal comunication?
    Though i'd better ask...this war has already taken too much from us :(
  19. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

Just because something is common does not inherently make it correct.
    • Like x 4
  20. Pink Revenge Committed Player

uhhhh you can't TYPE while in combat either. i hate this. people who stop fighting to type. then die.