I know it's been asked before but...can we get new BASE/LAIR Themes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I know people will sometimes complain when maps are being reused....
    but I don't think anyone would complain if you reused one of the Batcave Map as a Lair.

Heck the batcave at the end of Star Labs Satellite would make an awesome Lair. Or even the Batcave in the Arena/Legends PVP.
    Or both??? there could be different variations Lair Themes of the Batcave Lair.

I am sure I am not the only one who would buy multiple variations of the Batcave as a Lair. Using the Teleporter to connect them.... it would be as if it is one Lair with multiple parts/rooms.

And seeing how we are limited in the amount of amenities we can place.... one Batman Theme could be used for half the Amenities..... and the other Batman Theme could be used as a second Lair with the other half of the Amenities.

Or part of the FoS like the starting room in FoS.
    Or again... multiple FoS Lair themes made using a different room of the FoS.

Or various Oa Lairs Themes reusing the already existing Oa Maps.

Or a Flash Museum Lair. Or the CPD lab that Barry uses in Flashback.

I know that none of those are the same layout as the current Lair..... but ...... why do each Lair need to have the exact same Layout??

Sure.... even just reusing those Maps.... it still would require some work to make them so we can place out Base items in them.....
    But I am pretty sure that those would sell as well as the Batman Cowl.

But then again...... no idea how well the Batman Cowl did sell.... or did not sell??:eek:
    • Like x 2
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

I am not ur targeted base buyer market yet I 2nd this gentlemens idea. Id very much like a fos style base even if it was part of say fos 2. Id surely take a new batcave loadout even if I had to get a section of one of the batcave raids or pvp map. Dont confuse me somepeople will harp on it sure but plenty of people will appreciate options. Please remeber cheap. Hopefully u guys can pull some magic out
    • Like x 2
  3. Minnion Devoted Player

Pretty sure the difference though is that people have actually requested that you guys re-use some maps for lair themes... Anyways I don't figure the "Intense feedback" could be any worse and you might be pleasantly surprised how happy players would be to have a different layout for their lair to play with.
    • Like x 1
  4. evil keebler elf Well-Known Player

I would love one or 2 new lair themes. i have purchased all the lair themes on the marketplace, all at full price. not during any sale or anything. And i havent regretted it once. Im not sure how much money goes into designing or even doing a reskin, but id think it would make you guys some money, or even alot of money. Wouldnt hurt to try would it?
  5. SuperBell Loyal Player

Don't listen to the complainers.
    • Like x 1
  6. SuperBell Loyal Player

If I lived in Houston and had another full time job, I'd do it for free :)
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm not sure what feedback you guys are listening to but I'm pretty sure that even reused maps would be welcomed for lairs.

Gotham mercy hospital- reskinned to ice theme
    Funhouse in amusement mile- reskinned to funhouse theme
    Hells doorway / trigon prison - reskinned for demonic theme

I'm sure lantern fans would appreciate Ranx and Mogo themed bases too. Superman fans would appreciate an FOS theme, there's many themes that can done without actually having to create new maps.

The lair system is one of the most creative in any RPG/MMO, you guys should really consider expanding on it.
    • Like x 4
  8. Flair Well-Known Player

My contribution to this thread is to suggestion the possibility of lairs that are used for decorative/social reasons only. Keep the old layouts for the PvP, but allow us some variety in certain bases theme/layout -wise. I don't know how much it would save on resources altogether, but I imagine that designing combat- free lairs would save on some design and coding work.
  9. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I'd pay for floor to ceiling dividers that matched my lair theme....that would allow me to block off areas, or even create actual rooms that look like they should be there.

Add ceiling and floor panels, and I'd happily buy penthouse themed items no Crete a penthouse bedroom in my bunker.
    • Like x 2
  10. BigAl Devoted Player

I think the point is missed. Not entirely asking for new maps, just reskins of lairs and league halls. How well did they sell when 1st released? Money in the pocket for a simple reskin is a no brainer. If the Flash and Batman and Bombshell hair packs were any indication, marketplace items sell.
    • Like x 2
  11. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I would like to see a few iconic bases if you guys made say a bat cave and an FOS style base modeled after the early raids and put them in the marketplace for 15 dollars I really think they would do good .
    • Like x 2
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Iconic marketplace items sell well.
  13. Minnion Devoted Player

Source?
  14. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

The reuse of maps in DCUO has never been an issue for me. Nanda Parbot was recently used as the legends PVE training map, Zamaron was used for the Corrupted Zamaron Duo, Ranx for Blackest Day, and Gotham Wastelands for the Wonderland Duo and I personally like it.
    All those maps work well with the new stories that were created with them in mind. I think Spytle had a good explanation of why maps are reused due to resources but I digress.

Please consider this idea Mepps, Loche, and NerdOfPrey. New lairs and league halls on the marketplace could be very profitable. I mean look at this old video...

I know quite a few players that would kill to have something like this in DCUO. In our version however you could play DCUO trailers, advertise select marketplace items, feature new legends characters and congratulate leagues who succeed in SM.
    • Like x 3
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I know this is probably crazy... but....

What if this map could be turned into a Lair that people would buy $10.... $15???.... heck maybe $20???
    I know it would still require some work.... but the map already exist.

Heck there could be more then just one Batman Lair.
    Other Lairs could be made using other maps like this one.

I know that those Lairs would not have the same Layout as the current ones... but does it really matter??
    Is there any reason we could not have PVP Lair matches in them Lair??? Is the layout really that important to allow PVP in Lairs??

And as someone else mentioned.... if PVP is an issue..... maybe make these Iconic Lairs not usable in PVP.

And why stop at the Batcave??

The Fortress of Solitude would make an awesome looking Lair as well.

This room would make a great Lair.

And again..... more then one Lair could be made out of the FoS.

And that is just the tip of the Iceberg.

Green Lantern Lairs could be made using the various Oa maps or Mogo.
    Star Sapphire Lair.
    Yellow Lantern Lair with Ranx.

The maps already exists... but yes.. some work would be needed to turn them into Lairs.
    And I doubt people would complain if those maps would be reused if it meant it could be for our Lairs.

Anyway.... sorry if I got carried away.

Hopefully people will thumbs up this post to encourage you to consider this. ;)
    • Like x 2
  16. Anothername Well-Known Player

How about some basic furniture sets in the store? i.e. a bathroom set. One with clean toilets; have you seen the one mostly on the auction? You get herpes just by looking at it. I know there is also a clean one but the chance of getting it is ridiculous considering its a clean WC we are talking about.
  17. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Smart choice.
  18. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

I know right, there must be some people out there looking for stuff to put on their resume who would just create this "skins" which they basically are for free.
  19. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

monthly content is a waste of time it should be a two month cycle like 2 months of content then a month break then 2 more months of content etc... my idea would help get us more necessities such as league halls/base layouts and designs . (keep this in ideas meeps)
  20. Freeman Active Player

Also, would it be that difficult to alter / change the layouts of the various styles? How much does it cost Daybreak to come up with a variety of layouts? Or, to give users the ability to edit / change their layout within certain parameters. Even better.