Daybreak must be hard up for cash if they let people like this keep doing what they're doing...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Quantum Rising, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

That may be true. But it's been years since this started. It hasnt died down. Someone made a very good point. It's ftp all someone has to do make a new psn. And tada back to trolling
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Don't expect an official response on this, they won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
    • Like x 1
  3. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Now that are things that can be automatically avoided. And have been in the past. Of course, using the IP is not gonna cut it in the long run, but there are other things that work. Like using the unique PlayStation ID of the hardware. They'd then have a new PSN, but still couldn't enter the game :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Professor Zoom Well-Known Player

In my country is normal to say bad words, to be racist, to spit on floor, to be naked, and be free... What is not normal is those cain of people using moralists tricks to impose their ideas to others. So, by my "Normal" cosnideration of normallity based in m¡y culture, they gat to ban YOU , cus you are that cain of pople, BUT, im smarter and i will respect you rigth to be hungry, please respect my desire to be like I want to be, allways you are free to block me every time... YOU FREEE TO BLOCK EVERY ONE!!!!!

post date: IM not racist, im not Spit on floor i`m may be naked but im a POPLE WHO RESPECT TE OTHERS TO BE...

¿Dont like my way of think? sue me...
    • Like x 1
  5. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Trolling because they have nothing else to do? :confused: still, I feel there's no excuse for the stuff that goes on in-game.
    • Like x 2
  6. hardlightX2 New Player

Exactly players also treat other players in a instant the same way its horrible dc has got so bad over the years so unfortunate that people treat other people this way .
  7. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

I'd support you in getting a "spit on the floor"-emote added to the game. Really, no pun. But about the bad words, racist slurs etc. it's a different thing: you may have not read it when you clicked it away, but you agreed to not do so in the game when accepting the EULA/ToS. So you are in no position to demand being able/allowed to do so. Don't like it? Don't agree to it by accepting the EULA/ToS.
    • Like x 6
  8. SuperBell Loyal Player

Here's a great idea. Make DC think their IP is in trouble. You know, because DBG probably can't sink money into chat monitoring 24/7, so DC will just pull the plug. After all, the best way to not have to see those naughty words in game is to just have no game at all.
    • Like x 1
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea but you yourself have to admit ppl cussing every word is a tad much. Or racist s*** that goes on in trade and in shout and some times tells should be looked into.
  10. Physique Dedicated Player

There is a point, however, when the community has to put its foot down and not let the inmates run the asylum. I say this because, from what I can guess based on how the OP has stated their view, that individual has never played any FPS game or spent any considerable time on Xbox Live. This behavior isn't limited to just DCUO, it has been an ongoing juvenile, internet emboldened behavior which has been going on since the advent of online gaming.

For the most part, it's gone unchecked because there isn't an easy, non-liable, inexpensive way to enforce good behavior and punish bad behavior. Also, depending on your platform of choice, there are only so many solutions you have available. Spytle and Deadmeat did cover this topic a few years back (I believe it was before this new forum replaced the original and those archives are no longer available).

Reporting people in game is a two-part hassle for the most part because while there are GM's online occasionally , they're stretched really thin doing other in-game support and if they took every conversation that was reported and acted without any contextual viewpoint (no real review or research), it would open the company up to potential legal action if they got it wrong.

I agree that online behavior in a game I play where the majority of active players are of legal age or above shouldn't have this issue. Racial or sexual insults should not be something I have to listen to and, for the most part, I've been able to avoid by communicating clearly with those I play with what my expectations are. That said, when there is escalation there should be a way to report this that is easy and there should also be some expectation that a review and follow-up would happen.

Hopefully, as more and more people complain about this, someone with a green name could open a conversation in Dev Discussions to get first hand insight, give further clarity on the code of conduct / terms of service, and from there come up with a plan of action that both they and we can work from.
    • Like x 4
  11. Heartsbane Committed Player

Lol. Someone had their feelings hurt.
    • Like x 3
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'm surprised Warner Bros and DC-Comics doesn't actually own the game...
    • Like x 1
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

The PS side is like the wild west and we like it like .
  14. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Oh, I get it! The TOS/EULA are just like the bible: You pick the parts you like, and ignore the parts you don't like.

Every single player "Signed" those terms when creating their account, and we all have to play by the company's rules. There's no other way around it.
    Just saying "Ignore the a-holes and let them be" just creates a better environment for them to thrive in, which is really stupid and irresponsible.
    I have a thick skin; anyone can say whatever they feel like saying about me, my lifestyle, culture, country and even my dear mother and all I'll do in a video game is report that person, add him/her to ignore and probably (depending on my mood), respond with an even worse insult, or more likely just laugh it off, throw in a snarky comeback and go on with my daily routine of whining and b¡tching while running instances, then again AFTER reporting the player.
    Some people get affected by other people's insults, and I see no advantage in leaving all the offenders just get away with it. Not a single one.

BTW devs. PLEASE, PLEEEEAAAAAASE set everyone's voice chat to Push To Talk by default (or even better, as the only option besides text); all these mouth-breathing, rap-blasting, storytellers make the whole thing even worse. You can't even report them, since there's not a voice chat log the CS department can check.
    I can't even hear the cut-scenes, communications or character interactions with all these callow beings ruining it all.
    • Like x 1
  15. Uvirith Active Player

I guess you have never played League of Legends, or DotA, or Counter Strike, or Battlefield 3. If you wanna see scum posting their red necks off, you have it there. Compared to that communities ours is a childrens choir.
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Graphic as in overtly specific, intricate or detailed.
  17. CheddarCube Well-Known Player

I'd say that I encounter the N-word at least three times as much now after the merge. I saw plenty of homophobia on USPC, but that seems to have increased as well post-crossplay. I think that the difference is the sorts of crowds that the different platforms cater to. PC games tend to encourage more solitary sort of gameplay or sticking strictly to people that you know well. On the other hand, PS is more of a social experience that is about interacting with your fellow player more directly and sort of letting it all hang out. The filter on PS players may be a bit looser since they're used to putting themselves out there more and engaging strangers whereas PC gamers tend to huddle around familiarity or just stick to themselves, therefore their opinions and topics of discussion tend to be kept to themselves more so.

This is all just my own speculation, I have no facts or figures to back this up. Just my attempt at rationalizing why this happens.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Are you looking for a volunteer for the fun police ;)
  19. ScarletShepherd24MSS Active Player

yeah I do indeed make separate tabs for shout/league/group and private. The problem is that if your in a public area, and you accidentally make a mistake with using the /reply command. Then you might unintentionally post it on the shout log, without you noticing.

Just today, having a nerdy talk with another user (BombshellZatanna) and they bring up Christianity. Just wanted to have my input on the mater, but accidentally put "reply/" before the message. Needless to say, the chat exploded and then made a 180 into random dribble. I was expecting a bad reaction to this, but yeesh not that bad.

So like what Electrizzaro said, try to stay in your base if you want to avoid the rabble. If you absolutely have to stay in the public area to talk to someone. Then make sure you at least switch the chat to "say" in a secluded area to avoid stirring up the chat. Really part of the problem is to avoid triggering the immature side of people, but it is inevitable regardless.
  20. MuTeDx Committed Player

I'd be willing to GM and be a "chat moderator". Just throw me a decent paycheck and I'll sit watching and sending tells, giving warnings, and if need be banning players for 3 days. After recieving two 3 day bans the 3rd is 7 days and all chat logs used for bans are sent to higher GM (whoever) to be reviewed for permaban, IP ban, MaC BaN (playstation killer), or other possible solutions.

Sometimes it seriously makes me wonder why we don't have GM's on this already as I have seen some chats last longer than raids. I'm sure just 1 GM actively sending warnings would do some good but only names disappearing would start the trend to be civilized. My current assessment is that when warning PS players of their harsh language they don't seem intimidated or even bothered at all. You as having now said you will report have now become the victim of internet bullying as they go on for hours (without reply mind you) about your character, living situation, love life, mothers sexual prowess, and fathers legitimacy. I have watched names be called out and slammed for hours with the recipient having only ever said 1 thing. Its sad...
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.