Known: PvP: Fire: Tank Role

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC Reaper, Feb 7, 2016.

1. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

Self explanatory it is strong specifically its like the spirit from "Throne of the Dead" its OP, by definition. I love that ability in PvE, but in PvP it need to be "nerfed" or give the trolls the ability to take away or reduce that healing over time and per hit healing. It is being abused.
  2. Avian Dedicated Player

Healing in general is very strong. If you have problems with Fire tanks you'll likely find it hard to deal with Atomic tanks and basically all the healing powers. So there is no point at tuning just one power.
  3. Eternal Flame Active Player

The developers have already proven it difficult to seperate PvE from PvP. If they nerf the healing in PvP, they will COMPLETELY screw it in PvE. The same goes for Atomic.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zylo Committed Player

the answer is No. why? because tanks are controlers worst enemy and is their counter role. if you're going against a tank in controler stance then your putting your self in a disadvantage. a controler cannot debuffs a tank and even if they can, a tank will just cleans it away.
  5. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Atomic tanks heal better than healers do by a huge margin. They can go from almost dead to full health.
  6. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

I have no problem with atomic or healers, but fire my debuffs and my partners debuff do not affect them in tank form
  7. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

Yeah that is a pickle, but atomic is no problem from the ones i faced, i was able to debuff them but fire, its not registering
  8. Pults Loyal Player

Seperate DPS arenas from Support roles ones, no healers no tanks just OP spin chops, unbalanced CCs, game of who can smuggle in most blocks and BBs.
  9. Reigning_Kaos Level 30

See there's your problem not even attacking you but you need to learn these role mechanics because people have gotten so used to the dps festival that pvp has become that they really tend to forget trolls are remotely useless against tanks because as long as that tank has power and the group breakout he will strip the debuff instantly.
  10. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

fire healing tanks in PvP specifically are immune to everything. I saw many healers lose against fire tanks, trolls lose against them which of course tanks beat trolls, but while 3 of us teamed up against a fire tank knowing the other 3 of the fire tanks members are taking care of the other objectives. We are trying to kill this tank and note this, the healer is healing us keeping us alive, i am trying to debuff and keep power to healer, and our strongest DPS known for always being on top of the leaderboards for damage in PvE and PvP using the breaking mechanics to make him fall over is doing practically nothing and we always made him fail to counter us. So the fire tank stalled us from even grabbing the objective while the others are captured, because of course the other three were another fire tank and 2 earth dps'es with their crystal pets
  11. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I don't know when was the last time you PvPed but it's been almost 2 years since counter roles got removed.

They have shown they can easily separate PvP and PvE with just the last update of the weapon and AM nerfs.
    • Like x 2
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

This post time travelled lol
    • Like x 2
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I was just confused when I first read it. Did I accidentally bump into a post from 2013?
    • Like x 1
  14. Eternal Flame Active Player

Not with the healing aspect obviously, because they reduced the healing of Fire tanks in PvP, they lowered our crits by a massive amount, and that affected PvE side of tanking. I guarantee that the devs will eventually cave to the complaints and they will reduce the healing of Fire tanks, and will completely **** over the PvE side of it.
    What they should do is bring back role specific gear, that will reduce the healing without PvE being affected, but with 56 GU's they have never reversed the changes that a previous GU has done.
  15. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

I am afraid of that, and don't get me wrong i Love fire tanks how they are for PvE, but for now they could possibly leave it in til they code it so the powers work differently between PvP and PvE
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Actually, most if not all of the current PVP changes are PVP side only, so....

Yes, they could totally reduce healer performance, including fire tanking, to a reasonable amount without ******* up the PVE side of the game.
  17. Eternal Flame Active Player

Or just get role-specific gear.
    • Like x 1
  18. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

Lol make people grind again for both sets of gear for dps and tank role again? I still have my old role specific pvp gear on my main
  19. Eternal Flame Active Player

Oh yeah, I forgot, can't do gear grind in DCUO.