Dev Discussion Cross Play

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to report any bugs or issues related to cross play (currently live in the EU).
    • Like x 1
  2. Polymerase Well-Known Player

Thanks for all the hard work :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

This not live for us US people?
  5. Fies Committed Player

Sub expired today still having access to seemingly all membership-perks.
  6. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Looks like I got a free 500 Loyalty points on my EU PC account, is this intended?
  7. Eternal Grace New Player

No major issues ted however sometimes the neck area shows as transparent when you load in, however is fixed after repetitive attempts at swapping armory
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

- there are two problems that grant PC accounts stufff they shouldn't have
    • the first one is the one mentiuoned by elusian. the news is spreading on the server right now
    • 2nd: I talked with a player who was surprised that he now has membership, while he was premium before the downtime
  9. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Were people renamed? Looking at the Census sites, none of the duplicate names that I know of on the EU server have been renamed.
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

it expired for you, but it depends on the server time that it takes effect.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The name consolidation occurred - it is likely census and/or the census websites have not yet updated.
  12. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

What will happen to Wavedox? I know it managed by members but will the servers just be US and EU?
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's up to the developers of the app to sort that out
  15. Earthjim Well-Known Player

Maybe extra day due to downtime
  16. Fies Committed Player

Nah it ended already. Getting that info on the marketplace also. Lots of players on EU telling they got legendary perks without subbing (some never subbed).
  17. Earthjim Well-Known Player

Ooh nice of them :) I was gonna get on my old pc character and use that to help my new ps character :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Fies Committed Player

Dont think its intended tbh. But great opportunity for everyone who isnt subbed atm :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Superskull85 Devoted Player

They'll be named US an EU with world_id's 2 and 4 respectively. Any user of the Census API will be required to modify any lookup hashes/storage that they have to reflect this change. From what I know about DCUO Live and Wavedox they both have a dropdown that simply assigns the world_id to their search query.

So from a user standpoint when you search all characters will be accessible via the "US PS" and "EU PS" options. This is what has happened with leagues (guilds) as well. If you do a league search you'll need to use the "US PS" and "EU PS" options to find leagues. This is also why some characters may not have a league attached to them.

I have no idea what DCUO Blog Guide does for their Census tools. I suspect they do a similar thing.

Long story short app developers will need to transition from using 4 worlds in their layout to only 2 worlds. Making that change should allow appropriate linking of data/searching. You should expect some unexpected behaviour and possibly outdated information over next 2-3 weeks. I am unsure how active Sore and bytecode are in monitoring DCUO updates and changes these days.

On that note DCUO's Census has not updated with new character data. All character data at this point will likely show as outdated.

I hope that makes sense. I tried to keep the tech talk low. :)
  20. butaalinmarian New Player

I also have the issue with my membership. I was premium, but now I have legendary access and 500 loyalty points (on PC). I wanted to re-sub, but I'll wait until this is fixed. Great job with the crossplay, everything seems fine until now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.