Keep The Scoreboard.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kimone, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Uhmmm, considering how often bad communication comes into play? I'd say you're overestimating the scoreboard's effect. I've seen raid groups break down on the drop of a dime simply because someone started giving orders or cussing at people.

Considering that the scoreboard also allows you to determine whether or not one of your group members is actively engaged in a counterproductive activity, I'd say it probably saves as many instances as it dooms.

When you're running with someone who fancies themselves a battle healer, blames you for not being able to tank adds that teleport then insists that its not their fault that the group wipes when they cannot even manage to heal themselves?

You look at the abilities they're using; turns out it's a bunch of dps abilities; we ask that healer 'hey, what gives?', 'oh, i'm battle healers bro dual role yo' - meanwhile, that healer is scoring 500K less than my tank at the end of DPR, our DPS is doing just fine at killing things, so where's the real weakest link there?

It's not communication, we've definitively verified what the healer is trying to do by asking.

It's not that we're picking on them either - I can care less what damage out is *as a healer*.

But when they're using that damage out as a means of defending a crappy job and inability to stay alive, or keep the group from dying in a regular Alert, and that damage out is 33% less than my 'I literally have no Ability damage over 1.5K and even that's a taunt, plus I'm here under CR so I had to block for 50% of the boss fight' character, then we've identified what the real issue is.

It's obstinance. And unfortunately, obstinance is hard to track without numbers and verified amounts.
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Sometimes fingers need pointed, is my point.

No scoreboard means that ******* coasting along on your effort by hiding in the back of your run gets away with blaming failures on other people in the group while they themselves have contributed nothing.
  3. loupblanc Dedicated Player

As a rule, you should never heal stupid DPS. Let him die purposely, and then when he/she complains, say that you don‘t heal stupid players who get themselves in bad situations resulting in healers having to overheal an excessive amount of times.

More complaints? Kick the person and if you used your kick recently, get another person to kick. Usually if one particular person is f**king up the whole run, that person gets kicked very easily.
  4. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

If they removed the scoreboard I think a lot of runs would go smoother
    • Like x 1
  5. Lightws Dedicated Player

This topic is still going on? Seriously......

The scorecard is for dps to show whose not good or who is good at dps. It is to weed out those who think they know what there doing to be taught they don't.

You think getting rid of it solves a issue? No all it does is cover up issues.

The whole point of the scoreboard is to compare DPS numbers. What difference would a support function to the scoreboard make. Why would a support even need to top any chart. Did you get through the instance without wipes..... Well your not a crap healer grats. Unless you needed 2 healers for content then your pretty crap indeed. Did you not spam the crap out of power and not cause your team to wipe? Well your not a crap tank great. Again for what reason would anything need to happen to the scorecard?

There's no reason for anything to look at the scorecard but the dps. Unless for any reason any other role was the team lead. People are still crying because they are getting kicked for being bad in instances? All I can say is "Wah" cry about it somewhere else.

But if you ask for the scorecard to be removed and then we see some crappy shield WM spamming idiots. WHOSE FAULT IS THAT? Yours. Don't complain unless you have a actual way to fix cede issue. Plus since when did the scorecard cause trouble? If you can't pick someone up because someone chooses to dps over doing it well that's kinda your fault as well isn't it.
  6. MrGT Well-Known Player

As mentioned before I'm easy either way with what happens with the score card but would probably prefer it stays.

The tool is been blamed not the users. It's all come down to how we decide to use the tool. A car in the wrong hands is a very dangerous weapon. So lets take cars away from everyone. Hell the forums bring out the most toxic side of ppl a lot of times. Lets remove the forums even if it still can and does get used for some good but it must go because who knows when the next insult or toxic topic will be raised.

Probably asking too much but surely if everyone just came down to respecting each other a whole lot more then these "issues" would not be so prevalent. But then maybe it is asking too much.
    • Like x 1
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

He focused on his numbers and stated players were noob. He he stated that the healers were noobs. I'm like OMG...dude he died like 5 times just on Grundy running into him. I had zero deaths until Nekron. I had two because of the group was really dumb on Nekron, not just him.

I put into group chat how to play Nekron, he and another DPS did not listen, I simply quit the instance after i wrote best of luck, I gtg...

As for the scoreboard it has to go. It cause more grief in this game that is needed. Removal of the scoreboard would improve group communication and make instances run smoother.
    • Like x 1
  8. Magician Dedicated Player

Keep the Scoreboard...sure...but only reveal it AT the END of the instance.
    • Like x 3
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I like this...

They could implement this for a week and see how it impact completion of content.
    • Like x 1
  10. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I like this as well