Test Discussion Episode 21: "The First Piece" 2-Player operation feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hello hello hello!

I'm excited for you to check out this new du-op (duo operation, eh?) that we've been working on. This is the thread I'll be monitoring while it's on the test server. If you see any issues, experience any problems, or just want to leave some feedback, this is the place to do it.

I hope you enjoy the new content, and thanks for taking the time to help us test it out!
    • Like x 2
  2. ErnieBMC Well-Known Player

So far I didn't run into any bugs, except for one add that for some reason went into reset mode and never did anything, other than that I couldn't find any bugs. One note though, the Abra fight seems a lot more easier than the Heatwave and Hawkman fights, Heatwave can pack a punch but nothing too serious, Hawkman isn't strong, it's the two rocketeers that make the fight challenging. Maybe add some adds to the Abra fight like on the old Flash duo.
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

Think I found a bug with one of the reward drops. It's an unattuned trinket called Determined Wingman's Charm, cr 132 value. When I attune it and equip it into my utility belt, it shows up on the inventory screen but doesn't show in the tray when I try to use it. The tray slot just looks like it's empty. I've tried logging in and out and switching armories but no luck.

I've double checked the utility belt, all slots are unlocked and all slots are either Trinket or Wildcard. Character name is HeWithoutName on USPC.
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Mepps wrote:
    Presumably he meant "Duo"?
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Does anybody know if this instance is Cross Faction enabled? Operations aren't by default, yet. So I'm wondering if the same applies to this instance? Or if it is being restricted by accident.

The reason I ask, I was queued up for over 30 minutes today, waiting for a partner to join me. It was early evening my time, which is afternoon, America time, so I expected at least one person to pop up in that time. Especially with it being day 1 of the content being on test.

I forgot to check at the time to see if the instance had a red target on it in the on duty menu.

If this instance isn't cross faction enabled, is there any possibility it could be? or is there some underlying issue with operations which prevents them from being cross faction enabled at the moment?
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I liked it.

It was nicely mildly difficult to complete. Everyone hits hard at CR 152. But we finished. It would have helped a great deal if I'd gone healer from the start, but I didn't have either gear or spec for it. (Playing sorcery.) However, my just switching roles & loadouts at the final boss made the difference between success and failure for us.

Also, that it's Rip Hunter and the Legends of Tomorrow is awesome.
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

Ty for put Raptor Tech style on common styles cr 132. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. JackFrost Developer

A quick answer to your question: currently, we can't set up operations with cross-faction, but that's something we're examining, and it may change in the future. Thanks for the feedback.
    • Like x 1
  9. JackFrost Developer

Do you recall where in the du-op the add went into a reset state?

I appreciate the feedback on the boss difficulty.
  10. Wellens Well-Known Player

Just want to throw in here that one of the devs has already confirmed that this is something that will be updated in the future. It was either Loche or spord. Are you now saying that you're running into complications with doing this? Also, if you are running into issues then why in the world is every raid you guys have been dropping lately an Operation. I thought that Operations were raids that were done in the open world. None of these raids you guys have dropped have been in open world, they've been on preexisting maps. Is an Operation now meant to mean a raid that takes place in a previously developed map? Because seriously, none of it has been open world except for NGN which spent a very very very brief time in New Gen.
  11. JackFrost Developer

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to say there are problems/complications with cross-faction with operations. The feature just isn't quite ready yet as I understand it. I didn't realize another Dev said it was forthcoming. Apologies for any misunderstanding.
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thanks for the answer.

Is there a difference between the Heroes and Villains version? My test character is a Villain as I like to do my part as best I can to help make sure villains content gets tested. So if there is a difference, I'll have to see if pre-arrange some testing for you with another willing volunteer. Otherwise I'll just make a hero and test it out for you on the dirty heroes side :D
  13. JackFrost Developer

There are some small differences between hero and villain faction, mostly to do with who you meet up with at the beginning and who you fight in the first boss fight; but also some of the communicator messages.
    • Like x 1
  14. spord Developer

This bug is across all of the new trinkets. Working on a fix now. Thanks for letting us know.
    • Like x 1
  15. ItsRem Well-Known Player

Wasn't sure where to post this, but regarding the feat for killing all adds and turrets (don't remember the name off hand) It seems like it may be bugged sometimes. I only mention this because a few times I've ran it we've killed everything and even searched afterwards and no feat popped, for them or me.

Granted they could've had the feat and I didn't know it (I didn't ask anyone other than one person, to be fair) but it just seemed random.

Other than that, regarding Heat Wave, sometimes he throws his Inferno move beneath him before he dies, making it impossible to tie him up without having a shield up, is that intended or is it a bug?
  16. ErnieB Loyal Player

Same guy, different name lol, the point were it went into reset I believe was on the first floor, the add was by one of the rooms with a metal door, If i had to guess I think it was by the middle one on the side looking at the ramp to the second floor.
  17. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Ran the duo last night with a friend, and we both enjoyed it. The bosses are challenging but not impossible. Honestly, we had more problems with the mobs of adds (particularly in the room with Hawkman) than with anything else. That will take some careful management, particularly when it goes live and I try to run it on my HL main. (I ran an earth toon on test.)

It was a little disappointing to get all 132 green drops, but I've still got some 128 -131 gear on my mains and alts, so it will be useful for a little while.
  18. JackFrost Developer

The feat I believe you're referring to is "Construction Without Delay." This is the feat description: "During the First Piece Operation, defeat all enemies and destroy all turrets in the warehouse without destroying any concrete palettes".

Is it possible one or more of the concrete palettes were destroyed? (some may be booby-trapped;))

Also, to answer your question regarding Heat Wave, sometimes he'll fire off an ability before he's subdued, and once that's in-motion, sadly, there's no stopping it. If that kind of behavior is too frequent & frustrating, I can look at maybe adjusting the time limit a little bit on the secure. Feel free to chime in with opinions on that. I don't want to make it trivial.
  19. JackFrost Developer

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out, and see if I can find a problem-spot that may need a pathing pass.
  20. ItsRem Well-Known Player

It's very much possible. Even if I didn't destroy any palettes, there's no for sure way I would've known about my partner. Nor did I think to ask about that in specific. Fair enough.

Heat Wave doesn't really feel like an issue to me personally. I honestly felt like it was like Bomb Blast in the Flash duo (where he does the self-detonation at 5% health) so it just had me a little confused. Was just curious if it was buggy behavior or if it was a fault on my part.

Aside from those two things though, the duo itself feels pretty solid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.