FOOTBALL! Conference Championship

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Faust74 Loyal Player

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!

Patriots vs Broncos

Cardinals vs Panthers

Should be an exciting day of Football. Two Future Hall of Famers QBs going against each other. Peyton may not be the Great QB he once was, but he still has great Football Intelligence. With a Dominate Defense backing him up, the Broncos are still a big threat.

Then you got two up and coming QBs trying to lead their team to the big show. Sucks that I have to go in to work early on Sunday. I rather be chugging down drinks watching the games than slinging them.

My Picks.
    Broncos
    Cardinals
  2. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Don't let your personal feelings get in the way of how you pick a game ladies. The Pats are gonna win in Denver come Sunday in route to another Super Bowl birth. The Pats have a much better offence than denver. I will give the nod to the Broncos on the defensive side but it isn't as lopsided as the offensive side with the Pats. Special teams I am gonna give the nod to the Pats.
    This is a much different Pats team than when they last played this year. The Pats will have a healthy Edelman and Amendola this time around to go with the Gronk stomp. A healthy Gronk and Edelman are going to be unstoppable this Sunday.

In the NFC I am going with who I would rather the Pats play once they make it to the SB, and thats the Panthers. Panthers at home with their defense should be just enough for Palmer to make enough mistakes to blow the game. I cant stand Cam Newton, but this year he is the MVP and the MVP is going to take them to the Super Bowl.

Pats 27 Denver 16.

Carolina 28 Arizona 21.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm with Swagtastic on this one, too much of a toss-up.

New England always plays strong in the playoffs, there's no doubt. But they didn't exactly dominate Kansas City in their win, and they don't have the advantage of playing at home. Plus Brady does seem to have issues in Denver like Swag said, he has a losing record there. Denver, on the other hand, has a strong defense and home field advantage, but their win last week was close too, and against a beat-up Pittsburgh team. Add in lingering questions about Manning's health and his performance this year and the whole thing is a toss-up to me.

Carolina and Arizona both play hard, but Carolina let their foot off the gas last week after the first half and almost blew it. If they get complacent again it could bite them in the hindquarters. Arizona might end up being worn out emotionally from the end of their game against Green Bay, as that one was the epitome of an up-and-down moment game. That one may come down to which team makes the most mistakes.
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

Denver and NE, 2 teams with HoF-bound QBs winding down in their careers. Personally, I want to see Manning go all the way and set a record for SB wins. Other than that, the team that comes to win and not just survive the other, will limp into the SB.

Arizona and Carolina, both have QBs that have been around, but still yet to set their places in history. Honestly, I have no opinions as to what will happen. I do have a dislike of Cam, not sure why, just never liked the guy. So, personally, I will be rooting for the Cards.

You can crunch all the numbers you want, but these games will come down to who hit the hardest, ran the fastest, and bled the most to go on. Should be a good showing. Here's to Cards/Broncs in SB 50.:cool:
  5. Redman_x Well-Known Player

How will Manning going all the way set a record for SB wins? That will only be his 2nd.
  6. BigAl Devoted Player

Only QB to win it with 2 different teams.
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Tough to pick as there are variables to consider. Denver vs NE, you have Brady and Gronk vs a stacked Denver defense. And you have noodle armed Payton Manning against a decent NE defense. Denver has a better running game but NE has the edge at QB. But Brady seems to come up big in the playoffs while Manning tends to come up small. I can point to several examples of this. My pick for this one:

New England-27
    Denver-20

As for Arizona @ Carolina, of course I'm biased being a lifelong Cardinals fan and this team far and above the best Cardinals team in the team's long history. Carolina has a stud young QB. I said when he was drafted that Cam was going to be special and he is. The Cards can score in bunches but there have been times when the offense was pedestrian. The game @ Pittsburgh comes to mind. But they've scored a lot of points against good defenses. 31 on Cincy and 32 against Seattle in Seattle come to mind so they can score on this Panther defense if the offensive line can keep Palmer clean. If they can keep the Panthers line off of Palmer, he will shred Carolina's average secondary. If not, it's going to be a long night. On defense, the Cards are susceptible to running QB's like Newton. This is going to be the game we miss Mathieu the most. I'm not worried about Olsen because unlike seasons past the Cards have been holding good tight ends in check. Truthfully this is anyone's game. It's going to come down to who can make the fewest mistakes. That said, this one is going to go down to the wire:

Arizona-27
    Carolina-24
  8. Dynagirl Committed Player

GAME DAY!!!:D

My picks today are Pats over Broncos and Cards over Panthers.
  9. Tannen Committed Player

I'm hoping for a Denver Carolina SB. That's all I'll say.
    • Like x 1
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Broncos not going away. Bend but don't break defense today. Pats have 6 minutes to get the ball back in hopes to tie. And why are the Broncos passing?
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Half the equation is in place, and Peyton gets one more shot.

If the NFC game is half as good and close as the AFC Championship, how the heck is the Super Bowl going to compete? :confused: :D
  12. Vyltran Loyal Player

Dudee... Thiss gamee was sooo fun & reall!!! ... too many feelings in 4 qrts.. i'm glad that Peyton can retire from NFL having a good super bowl match vs. Panthers.. I wish this could happen, but we gotta wait for that game to happen.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Granted there's still a quarter left, but unlike last week Carolina doesn't seem to be taking their foot off the gas this game.

If they keep that up and don't make any mistakes the Cardinals are going to have a tough time of it.
  14. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Ron Rivera was trying to be nice and not drop the 50 burger on them ROFL.
  15. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Hard to take your foot off the gas when your opponent keeps putting gas in the tank. Oh well, life goes on.
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I did not want to say who I wanted to win before for fear of jinxing it but now.

Thank you, the Broncos won!!!
    • Like x 1
  17. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Manning is going to get crushed
  18. dngnb8 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. dngnb8 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I have to disagree with you. While Cam is the heart of the Panthers, it is far from a 1 man team. They have some great players, heck just look at how many were nominated to the pro-bowl. The Carolina Defense really knows how to put pressure on a QB and I think that is what will win the game for the Panthers.