FOOTBALL! Divisional Rounds

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Faust74 Loyal Player

Saturday

Chief vs Patriots
    Packers vs Cardinals

Sunday

Seahawks vs Panthers
    Steelers vs Broncos

Well my Texans went out in a Flame of Doo doo, so my interest in playoff went down. I really don't care who wins at this point, plus I gotta work during the games so I can't give my full attention to them anyway. But, I will make my picks.

My Picks

Patriots
    Packers
    Seahawks
    Broncos
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's tough to pick against the Patriots because they're usually on their game in the postseason, but they're banged up all around and the Chiefs are rolling. I'd have to give the nod to KC in that game, even with having to play in Foxborough.

The Packers seemed to get back on track last week, but the Cardinals trounced them big time in the regular season. I don't know if that bounceback game last week will be enough for Green Bay to win.

The Panthers won a close one earlier in the season against Seattle, but Seattle's been playing strong for the latter part of the season. I can't call this one, it's too close and even for me to try.

The Steelers are kind of in the same boat as the Patriots, banged up all around. With as strong as the Denver defense is and the Steelers being weak against the pass, I think the Broncos are more likely to win.
  3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

As a lifelong Cardinals fan, I'm prone to cautious optimism. We've been rolling along all year but in the last week we kind of mailed it in. Are the Packers back? Well, maybe, but look who they beat. For starters the Deadskins won a division no one wanted to win not to mention the worst division in football this season. 2nd, they have a God awful defense. Ranked somewhere south of 25th. On offense, they don't have much either. 3 weeks ago we trounced the Packers in every aspect of the game. My one concern is missing Cory Redding who is lost to injury as is Alex Okefor, 2 big parts of our defense not to mention missing Mathieu but we held Rogers to nothing without Mathieu. Also, Rogers didn't have a stellar game last week. I'd hardly call 210 yards and 2 scores that great and their defense gave up 329 yards to Kirk Cousins who isn't exactly Brett Favre. If we play our game, it won't be a 30 point blowout but it shouldn't be close. 14 point margin. The rest, my picks are:

Seattle
    KC
    Denver
  4. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

My picks are as follows:

Saturday
    Chief vs Patriots Chiefs over the Patriots I think The Chiefs are Superbowl bound but also I have no confidence is the Patriots
    Packers vs CardinalsCardinals in this one since the Packers are slow starters but this Cardinal team will be tougher than the team they faced last week. But it could go down to the wire.

Sunday
    Seahawks vs Panthers I'm picking the Panthers because they are the team to beat in the NFC. It will not be a cake walk for this against the Seahawks who probably should have lost against the Vikings. Knowing that they would come out ready to go.
    Steelers vs Broncos I would have picked the Steelers in this one but Ben being out is a big factor and Landry Jones isn't a QB I see winning this game.
  5. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Going to pick this again.. it worked last week

The teams that score the most points, while giving up the fewest will win each game.
  6. BigAl Devoted Player

I would like to see Peyton give it one more push and win a SB with 2 different teams. Only a few have done so, and it would be a great swan song. He and Barry Sanders are my two all-time favorite players, with honorable mention to Darrell Green.
  7. Ichiro Loyal Player

Chiefs
    Cards
    Panthers
    Steelers
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

My pick is always the Seahawks.
    • Like x 1
  9. BlazeChamp Committed Player

For the first time all year, I'm picking against the Steelers. Big Ben's shoulder is sore and Antonio Brown is out with a concussion. With an injury combination like that it will be pretty hard to move the ball against the #1 defense in the league.
  10. Dynagirl Committed Player

My picks are:

AFC
    Patriots
    Steelers
    Cause to hell with anyone from the afc west winning!!!:mad:

NFC
    Panthers, I'm seeing a close game but, they will luck out in the end.
    Cardinals, the Packers look pretty beat up in there recent games I don't think they can keep up with the Cards.
  11. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Holy molly what an ending to Packers and Cardinals. Well fought game, but the better team came through in the end.
  12. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

F football
    • Like x 1
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

No QB has ever done it. Several players have done it. Deion Sanders for one(Dallas/SF) but there have only been 3 QB's to lead 2 different teams to the Super Bowl. Without looking them up, name them.
  14. Dynagirl Committed Player

Um.... Well Peyton Manning is one and Kurt Warner is another.... I have no clue who the third one would be. Joe Montana didn't go to a superbowl with the Chiefs and Farve didn't with the Vikings. Must be someone from way back like from the 70s. So how did you like the Cards game? :D I bet you was a roller coaster of emotions during the last mins before overtime.
  15. BigAl Devoted Player

Ah, yeah. Worded it wrong. Four others have taken teams to the big dance, I didn't see any QB's win two though, so you are correct.

Earl Morrall, Baltimore (III, V), Miami (VII, VIII)
    Jeff Rutledge, New York Giants (XXI), Washington (XXVI)
    Craig Morton, Dallas (V), Denver (XII)
    Kurt Warner, St. Louis (XXXIV, XXXVI), Arizona (XLII)
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Morrall didn't play in the SB with Miami and neither did Rutledge at all. The 3rd QB is Payton Manning.
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Me after the game last night:

[IMG]
  18. Dynagirl Committed Player

Seeing this a second time
    [IMG]

Is the nfl rigged? Never seen a evenly weighted coin do that. o_O
  19. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

You'e out of picks for the upcoming rounds then.
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Again, thanks to not really picking anyone in the Panthers/Seahawks, I was half right.

I honestly thought the Patriots were more banged-up going into that game, but even so it wasn't the usual blowout you'd expect from New England. The Chiefs gave them a game, but I think losing that fumble on the first drive of the second half took the energy out of them.

The only way I'd describe the end of the Packers/Cardinals game was that it was a series of "What the!?" exclamations for what seemed like forever. :confused:

The good thing was that all of the games were good ones, even with how the Carolina game started out as a first half blowout. None of them gave up and all the games were worth the time to watch. For a fan without any horses in the race, you can't really ask for more than that.