An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I usually run BcM for bosses and treat celestial like a dot power by stacking prec dots. Its effective in SM too, but yes we should be able to combo out of combat and activate AM like rage and atomic can. At least in hallways with trash mobs maybe we could do a little more damage by starting early.
    • Like x 1
  2. Absolix Loyal Player

It depends on what you are comparing.

If ScH and HcS were added as setup you could potentially use HcS/ScH and have AM damage hitting as soon as cH comes out.

How that compares depends on whether you are looking at two multi-input combos or one multi-input and one single. For instance the difference between that and RcW/ScH the difference isn't as big as say RcW/WotPcCS.

Since Celestial's combos get weaker the shorter the combos are I think adding ScH and HcS as activators wouldn't give too big a boost to the speed at which any significant burst could be achieved. ScH/RcW would take at least 3.1 seconds before the AM damage of cW would start to hit and ScH/WotPcCS would take at least 3.35 seconds before the AM damage of cCS would hit. Which ends up being pretty comparable to other for the amount of burst they can do, like Fire taking 3.1 seconds for Fireburst to hit.

It is far from a need at the moment, but I wouldn't say no to such a change.
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Even so I wouldnt expect any changes to hit celestial until the end of this year or next year. So we are stuck with what we have right now.
  4. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

right on.
    i guess its the phrase "multi input combo' that is messing me up.
    does that mean HcS and ScH stop the AM since they are only 1 button press for the combo? semantics...
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

You can't start the AM with them, but you can continue with them. Do not use those two back to back, though. That will break the AM. It's a little odd that way. You can actually maintain the AM just with might casts, lol!
    • Like x 1
  6. VioletSorceress Committed Player

And to put more salt in the wound.
    Ice seems to gain Supercharge at a super faster rate than any of the power sets I play at Live server. Arctic Gust seems way faster than any combo power sets and way faster than Scissor Kick clipping.

Anyone else tested that ?
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I also would like for Anoint Dark Pact and Benediction to grant CC resistance. That would be a huge huge help in healing and DPS for both modes of the game
    • Like x 1
  8. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

ahh, ok, i think i got it now. thanks for the explanation.

luckyily i didnt forget how to run through combos fast. that's a plus not having to relearn them.
    it seems i'll have to repsec my powers a little though.

when i left i was doing really well with the following for pure precision:
    RcW, AcB, DLcPl, CI, annoint, & BenecMale.

from what i gather alot of people are using Wopc CS and SCc wop now. which im fine with, but i was wondering how i should parcel out my power points to get CS. do i just want to dump CI and run no SC or do i drop PL and DL? somethin like that to keep both iconic crits?

thanks.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Celestial doesn't really need a supercharge so it doesn't make a big difference
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

CI used to be my go to DPS SC, until it started triggering reflect attacks. Then, it became situational. I don't carry a DPS SC anymore. I actually dropped PcDL, too. I'm usually midrange to melee range, so I can use WotPcCS most of the time. It's the strongest burst in the powerset. I also run three buffs. As it happens, because of the relative precision and might contributions and percentages, each ends up being about a 7% DPS buff. I carry RcW as my starter and AcB as my DoT. For solo and duo content, I prefer CScWotP for the DoT, because it will pull distant adds into melee range for the WotPcCS burst.
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

Yes... something like CC resistance would be great. Not actually in healer role... I think we can live without that (even I don't use Anoint atm.. maybe then i would.. ^^).
    A shortcut for the AM (for example with Anoint) would be too OP and then cele would need a nerf. Hitting buff and entering the AM damage... nop.. too op.
    Some of you said it before... celest as the first power that gets the update won't be a great thing.
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'm doing pretty fine with Celestial, all it needs is a tidy up.
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

I have seen recently complains about celestial damage. I dont know whats with these people, the only thing that is annoying is the horrible power return compared to other powersets. From the damage perspective its fine for me, easily getting on par with whatever is FOTM atm (Gadgets, etc.). The only real difference that gives me are pets in lower content but that is normal for every other powerset compared to pet AM.

On that hand I run 3 different DPS armories. Thats 3 times more variety than Ice so I'm happy to be not that boring power ^^
    • Like x 3
  14. Sivulla Dedicated Player

In term of mechanics to some others powers celestial dont have shortcut so to speak. Cant start AM without any targets either like gadgets for example.

also AM lasting longer while getting breaking/recovering from interruptions would be nice.

also power back does not seem to be as self sustaining compared to other powers with their midrange updates.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

I actually start the AM with annoint, and then BcM since you dont have to be in combat to start that and then RcW will already have the AM cooking.
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

The only thing is you can't get as much a head start as other powersets, and you still can't maintain out of combat. You basically have to hit your next combo on a target immediately after BcM is complete. You can't lunge or anything. So, you get a few meters head start perhaps, and that's it. Not really that helpful, compared to the others.
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

True as it only really helps in solos, duos and alerts. Places where you know what your next target is going to be. Celestial is going to be stuck like this for quite a long time. Pretty much waiting for electric and nature to get their update before we get a second look.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Honestly, I'd rather just run, lunge, and RcW/WotPcCS. In duos, I've kept up with or exceeded pretty much everyone with whom I've run. If they have a pet with full power, I just leap frog to the next group.
    • Like x 3
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

This. In fact, I get mad when other people follow me to the same group in Wastelands duo. What I hate is I lose damage on the bosses. No one wants to counter the first boss. The stuns from Jack are terrible. And the fact that we have to move constantly on Jacob is another hindrance.
  20. chaotic3430 Committed Player

They should just make Anoint and Dark Pact AM starters like Atom Powered Assault (Atomic). That way you cast it, and as long as it's on cool down, your AM is active, this would allow you to get up from interrupts and continue your combos with added damage and continued power back, just have to recast every 12 seconds to keep your AM up, but recasting doesn't cause you to drop your AM if you continue fast enough.