An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

It still heals. Just not well in DPS stance.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I haven't gotten heals from it since the mid range update while in dps
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I haven't noticed any healing at all
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Hmm, that's strange. Could have sworn it still healed. I stand corrected, then.
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I normally dont have time to stay at test server at all so I have few questions.

During Celestial midrange update, what kind of loadouts did you guys use for parsing dps.
    Did you use same loadout for all ranges ?
    And was Dark Pact deemed as core or supplemental power ?

Im asking this because Ive seen people at the forum saying all power sets should be tested with same loadout for all ranges and then people are also bringing this term "supplemental" power.
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

Had no time durig the update to test...
    For range:
    2 Buffs, PcDL, ScH, RcW

Midrange (same i think) and CScWotP, AcB, WotPcCS with 2 buffs

Melee (CSwotp. etc.)

Idk about tests with Dark Pact atm.
    Same loadout over all ranges wouldn't work (because you hae some midrange/melee powers and some range/midrange powers). So you have to test atleast 2 loadouts.
    The first loadout would also work for all 3 Ranges, because cele has the scaling over all ranges. (so not like avalanche which does just different damage over range - midrange)
  7. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I went trough the thread and found what Tunso was using for all ranges:

The other combos like WoTPcCS, CScWoTP and AcB, seems to be balanced around the idea that they should not exceed 35,5K melee.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

I actually use Tunso's loadout for dps. Many people dont realize that in melee range PcDL can hit from 40-60k on a single target. I get top of the charts in duos and alerts, as for raids most of the time I am second or top dps.
  9. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Im using pretty much same for bosses: RcW, SCH, PcDL, Annoint, Bene, CI.
    Just havent exactly settled around trash mobs loadout, currently been running with: RcW, SCH, WoTPcCS, DP, Annoint, Bene.

cWoTP or AcB' DoTs seem very low compared to cCS's burst potential. Just dont see a point alternating the melee rotation with any DoT atm. When Im running duos or alerts without troller, Im switching Anoint and DP for CI+ RobotSK, just because power regen issues.
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I know no one in here is asking for a shortcut, but how would a shortcut work with combo powers?
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Setting up AM with ScH, just needs to happen...

And have you seen Gadget dpsers spamming powers in the air waiting for adds to spawn ?
    I didnt follow gadgets update but it seems they dont need to land 3 PI at enemies anymore. Just spam in the air and then Boooom.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Yea i know about gadget dps.
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

I don't think one is needed. ScH would only save you 900 msec setup time. I would be in favor of being able to set and maintain the AM without a target present, like some of the other powersets can. If all the powersets can't get that treatment, none should have it.
    • Like x 1
  14. PEACE XX New Player

Would specing into vitalization increase the amount of power I get back from my am for celestial? Or should I not waist my time?
  15. VioletSorceress Committed Player

No u get a portion of your total power bar back so specing Power helps a little but not much.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

I think powerregen is based on powerpool and power back based on vita... but i can be wrong
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

McB and BcM can set up AM out of combat. But I agree.
    • Like x 1
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

That's a good point. Of course, McB isn't really a DPS move. BcM is an option, though. Still could use a way to maintain it.
    • Like x 1
  19. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

heh, i'm def gonna need someone to explain this AM in person on a mic. it's sorta confusing reading about it or even watching videos.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

It's basically combo without interruption. You need to start with a combo that has 2 or more inputs, but after that, you can do pretty much whichever combo arrangement you want. If you take too long between combos, such as when interrupted, or if you break the combo, such as with a weapon attack, you'll have to restart.