An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

are the quantum stuns that better? (idk.. never cared about that :D).

I'm not here to talk about the healers, i agree the power regen in bugform is too high.

Some powers got help with interruptions lately (gadget, mental). I think it would be not too bad, if we get an extended window for the AM buff after interruptions or something like that.

Any ideas/opinions?
    • Like x 1
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

I don't think window extension is an option, as it would open up hybrid play and create imbalance. I'd be all for some CC resistance, though.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Stem Well-Known Player

How viable is battle healing on the last boss of BN? Just wondering if anyone battle heals in the last boss. Since you spend most of the time waiting for mist containers, I figured battle healing will not be as effective, but that's just a thought. What do you guys think? I also noticed a lot of people run 2 healers in that raid, so another question is do you battle solo heal last boss? Because I've just been doing regular healing since I'm getting back into the game and healing all together. Thanks for any input!
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

Yea or that.... i'm open for ideas, but i see your point :)

depends on what level you battleheal (aggressiv - not aggressiv).
    I have to specs for my healer atm (mabye 3 soon).

1. Spec (normal)
    mods: resto&prec in yellow&red ; resto&health in blue
    SP: healing crits + resto + additional power (to get to t3 resto)
    Stats: 15,7k resto ; 2,3k prec

Loadout: RcC ; AcB ; Cs ; DL ; BcDM ; CG

2. Spec (more battle)
    mods: same
    SP: healing&damage crit ; then i go straight for the t3 prec + t3 resto and collect the 5 resto on the way.
    Stats: 15,5k resto ; 3,2k prec

Loadout: RccW ; AcB ; CsCWotP ; McB ; BcDM ; CG

At the nekron fight you don't need much healing before you start with acutally fight nekron, so you're fine as battleheal to use AcB + CS + maybe DL as burst (depends on loadout). During the nekronfight it'S possible aslong as you are able to deal damage and don't have to run around much. With my 2nd spec i'm able to do that all the time. Maybe i'll delete my first spec and do a way more aggressive
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

It's alright just be aware of your surroundings.
    Use all healing moves that do a good bit of damage.
    Just gotta know when to do it, and when to back off.
    I can solo heal it while battle healing, but I choose not to.
    It's too much a slippery slope at my cr.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Admittedly, I'm on break from the game, but I normally "battle heal" everything. When I say that, I mean I run with McB and all DPS and healer crit innates from the weapon trees. What else I run with loadout-, gear-, and spec-wise depends on the content and whether I'm solo healing. More aggressive means more precision and some DPS gear. Less aggressive means more resto and full healer gear. To me, McB is simply another HoT.
    • Like x 3
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Depends on the group. I battle heal everything just because I always buff my power bar. For the last boss I usually solo heal and McB really helps when I have to move myself away from the group.

I guess it's a certain level of comfort. If you can battle heal in heavy situations then by all means do it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Absolix Loyal Player

Quantum's Time tree stuns last no longer than other stuns.

They do have a "hard root" effect that prevents other CC effects from affecting the stunned enemies for the duration. There are both good and bad aspects to this as this can prevent things like knockback and knockdown from tank powers from separating enemies, but tanks can't separate and pull enemies when enemies are stunned this way.

Also, Quantum is not the only power with stuns that hard root. Mental's Levitation stuns, Telekinesis and Mass Levitation, also hard root, and P Dart will hard root the targeted enemy if it stuns, but will not hard root enemies stunned by it that aren't the targeted enemy.
  9. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

With Crossplay coming in like 2 weeks..

Umm, Who is up for a Blackest Day All Celestial Run in Febtober? :p
    • Like x 1
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I'll cele tank
    • Like x 1
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

EU Here:/
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Me hazz EU accountz
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

Started with a Controller now.. Can't play **** atm as dps XD
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Thanks for the responses! I think I found my personal loadout now.
    • Like x 1
  15. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

Hey guys__w up Remander and Monarch!
    good to be back and I'm startin off brusin off my toons with my Cele dps.
    I guess the last time i really played was right before WM came out before Amazon Fury.

So... I was wondering how much do i need to change from the old/ original Cele playstyle?
    I havent figured out WM yet ( i will eventually esp for my troller) but i was hoping i could avoid it for now on my Cele til i get my bearings. is that possible?
    Also, i've read about the AM, but i'm still alittle confused how it works. IS there much i actually need to learn to play differently or will most of the extra damage and power just come with running through combos?

Regardless, i'm sure i'll figure more out as i get more time in game and hook up with some friends who can explain stuff in person.
    I'm also just goin to be runnin 1-4 man content for awhile,so no need to stress.
    Anyway, just glad to be back. Cele's just as fun as when i left, lol.

Hope to see some of you later this month with pc merge, though the Division beta si startin around same time so i might be AWOL til its over :D
    peace- TK
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You on USPS?
    I'll jump on and help in game if need be
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, it's about the same. You can check out page one. It's updated. Basically, don't worry about WM, unless you're healing. In that case, it's good for power conservation. For the AM, you can set it with any combo except ScH and HcS. Fastest route is RcW.
  18. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

cool, do people still use BenecMale since it doesnt get extra damage or whatev?

also @ Monarch- hit em up with your toon name so i can add you. mine are in my sig. not sure when ill be on but ill keep an eye out for ya.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Not as DPS, really. It's good for solos and duos, though.
  20. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

ok, prepare for alot of dumb questions, lol . trying to remember stuff and figure out all the changes at the same time.

1st== am i crazy or does AcB not heal anymore in dps stance? i swear i used to use it to heal myself but cant get it to work today.