FOOTBALL! Playoffs: Wild Card weekend

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Malachyte Devoted Player

Sad thing is, if the Texans had a adequate to decent QB they would be a scary playoff team with that defense.

JJ Watt is going to send up like Brian Urlacher. Hall of Fame player but very little to no success unless they get a QB that can actually play.
  2. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

And the rain is making this game hard to watch. The INT was purely not the QB's fault. The rain is causing the QBs to wear QB gloves in order to play.
  3. BlazeChamp Committed Player

No words can describe what we witnessed on that last drive.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dynagirl Committed Player

Wow this wildcard weekend started off weak. The Texans game was hard to watch. Hopefully Faust is not too depressed. Buck up Texans fans, at least you have a team next season. I only got mine till Wednesday.:( And as for the Bengals... They bungled another opportunity to win a playoff game since the fall of the soviet union. :confused:
  5. Dynagirl Committed Player

I thought we all agreed that the word describe this would be, "BUNGLED!";)
    • Like x 1
  6. Malachyte Devoted Player

No kidding....man, all they had to do was keep their cool and be professional instead of trying to act like street punks. They cost the team 30 yards turning a long field attempt into a chip shot.
    Horrible, play on those 2...
  7. Redman_x Well-Known Player

The best two match ups for the Pats next week both blew it yesterday. So far it's the Chiefs at the Pats and the Steelers at the Broncos next week. Couple of boring games to watch yesterday. Let's hope today has a little more excitement.

Go Pats!
  8. Malachyte Devoted Player

Pats are going to have a very hard time with KC ....
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And the player that fumbled the ball leading to the Steelers' drive was the complete opposite. He carried himself well after the fumble while the game was still going on and on social media afterwards.

HE'S the kind of player you want in your locker room, for sure.
    • Like x 1
  10. Faust74 Loyal Player

[IMG]

Well like I had said in my first post, the one thing that scared me was Brian Hoyer. Unfortunately, my worst fear was realized yesterday. The Bad Hoyer showed up and did a repeat performance against the Chiefs and once again threw them the ball. Fellow Texans fans that I had debated with threw Hoyer's stats for the season at me in his defense and for me stats don't mean crap when it comes to proven history. Hoyer isn't going to become a good QB suddenly after years being a terrible QB in the NFL. He may win you some games in the regular season, but when it comes to coming from behind/big games. He isn't the QB you want throwing the ball. He has never been known as reliable QB.

The Defense did as much as they could, despite all the mistakes in the 1st half of the game, the Chiefs had only 13 pts. But, when your Offense ain't staying on the field, the Defense is going to run out of gas. This is the 3rd time in a row the Texans get knock out of the Playoffs with an embarrassing loss. But that's what will happen everytime when you ride with a terrible QB.
  11. BlazeChamp Committed Player

12. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Seattle got soooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky. Blair Walsh is about to get a whole lot of hatemail.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

A blowout and two incredibly close games. I'm not sure I want to know what the Green Bay/Washington game has in store for fans. :confused:
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, if I have to be fair, I was half right about the games this weekend. Seattle and KC I got right, but I was wrong about the Green Bay game (honestly thought that Washington had more momentum going into the game, but the Packers woke up today). And since I was kind of ambivalent/wishy-washy about the Pittsburgh/Cincinnati results, I'll call that as being wrong.

On to the divisional rounds, I guess.
  15. Dynagirl Committed Player

Well the Seahawks/Vikings game ended in a Ace Ventura moment...
    [IMG]
    Blair Walsh's room in the future. :D

Redskins/Packers was boring... I didn't like that.
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I've been watching football regularly for over 40 years and never in my life have I ever seen a Ray Finkle moment in a real football game. IIRC Finkel, the fictional former Dolphins kicker turned transvestite policewoman turned kidnapper of dolphins and Dan Marino, missed a 26 yard FG that cost the Dolphins the Super Bowl. Finkle blamed Dan Marino because Marino(who didn't really hold on kicks, that was Don Strock's job) held the football with the laces in which caused Finkle to shank the kick. Yesterday, Walsh shanked the kick in a similar manner and photos show Jeff Locke holding the ball with the laces in. However, Walsh made a 47 yard FG with the laces clearly in.

IMO, the Vikings loss is what happens when you play not to lose. Zimmer coached the entire game more conservative than Dennis Green did in his famous melt down game against the Bears. They had the time and were moving the ball to at least try to score a TD down the stretch but they chose to keep it conservative to go for the FG. That said, you simply don't miss a 27 yard FG. I could have made that kick barefooted.
  17. Vyltran Loyal Player

It is just like that. Regular season is just for "analysis & study teams strategies and their weaknesses" level. Real games are just happening on playoffs right now..

I feel happy for my Packers & Seahawks, due to Seattle having a challenging game against Vikes, i would admit they both did all they could in that fieldd!..

Well, Texas... nothing to say. Unexpected.
  18. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I see I was 100% correct on my picks this week.
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

My Skins lost. To be perfectly honest, I was shocked they even made the playoffs. Of all the turds in the NFC East, I guess they were the most polished. Had moments of greatness, but I think they were in over their heads and it showed. There is always next year.....
  20. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I never understood how the Cowboys are in the NFC East.. Being there in the middle of the country. It make more sense to have Carolina in the East, and Cowboys in the South.