Finally back on, These ddos attacks need to stop

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The DDOS attacks probably magnafoozled the login server. That server is so fragile...
    • Like x 1
  2. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

Alrighty !!! Got mine back up after the last 7 hours of clicking lol.

Just run it as administrator XD
  3. Treskar Committed Player

Course I won't be. I blamed the WII U.

Once the Nintendo NX comes along and sky nets the internet for us we won't have to worry about DDoS NUKE attacks but real live nuclear warheads and GI JOE ODIN BOMBS and so forth.

Its the holidays its Y2K already again for 2016... BLAME THE leap year.

How about now can I get compensation cuz I use more then one post?

I wrote enough now for a cookie? Mr. 10000 Posts for One sentence liners. :eek:
  4. AsgardKnight Well-Known Player

:) Its back and I am happy!
  5. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Game down again. Is this attacks or is it due to Server Migration?? Where are the Dev's?
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Still can't log in usps
  7. TestReporter Loyal Player

Nice, its down again, good job daybreak team.
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

The attack isn't over yet.. they're just toying with the ops team at this point
  9. Ully Committed Player

Yeah, the game isn't fully functioning yet. Multiple people are randomly Dc'ing.
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Devs are on break wont be back until after new years
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

as far as i go playing until tomorrow this is me. [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

First off DGC is running on a skeleton crew because of the holidays, I can only guess that anybody still in the area of their offices has been called in to help but this is a big job to handle when they have the full staff there and when the staff was far bigger over a year ago.

As past attacks like this have shown this will be a continuing thing for a bit, with multiple attacks. They will only stop when the attackers get bored or DGC can find a way to block the current path they used for this.

Now as also shown from the previous times this has happened, even when the attacks are finally over the games effected will be dealing with after effects for some time, weeks to months. These things just through everything off kilter.
  13. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I posted from my car so yeah... Any other bright ideas?
  14. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

This made me Lol thanks
  15. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Sorry about your loss :( I was just saying something obvious but now I feel bad. Hope I didn't strike a nerve :(
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

No worries, I understand where you were coming from. I think a lot of people overreact to not being able to play, but at the same time, who knows what their reasons are for wanting to escape the real world for a bit. I'm ordinarily fine with finding other things to do. This was one time when it sucked to do so.
    • Like x 1
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

The thing I never understood about machine uprisings is why would they have to bother with killing us? The way I see it by the time they are smart enough to rebel we'll be too stupid to tie our own shoelaces without robot assistance... If the really wanted to be free of serving us all they would have to do is announce "Screw you meat-bags, we're gonna colonize space without you!" and leave us behind on earth to fend for ourselves or die trying.
  18. dcuobestmmo Committed Player

Lol..from the guy on his phone in his car who can't disconnect giving other people a hard time about disconnecting..

Freaken hilarious

I'm going to put your quote in my sig
  19. syberghost New Player

It has nothing to do with fragility; this is an NTP Amplification attack. Incredibly cheap to initiate, extremely difficult to mitigate at the target (has to be mitigated upstream), and easily capable of producing hundreds of gigabytes of traffic. Entire countries have been taken offline by similar attacks.

Daybreak can't directly fix this, their mitigation provider has to do so.

If Daybreak has any fault in this, it'll be in picking a bad mitigation provider or not paying for sufficient service from a good one.
    • Like x 1
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The attack had stopped. The login server wouldn't let people access Daybreak games afterward. There are times when the login server will tell me my username/password are incorrect even when they are correct, and that behavior lasts for up to five minutes before I can successfully login. That server has far too many issues. You'll also see that server fail on a monthly or bi-monthly basis.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.