Finally back on, These ddos attacks need to stop

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

For real this is getting old fast, first it was Lizard Squad about maybe three months ag now it's Proxseas, we need something that can stop these ddos attacks so we can enjoy the games.

Franky i am tired of seeing it happen i love Dcuo i love daybreak games but this needs to stop now.
    • Like x 2
  2. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

Dont piss em off i guess.
  3. GoldenarmsX Active Player

You say that like they need a reason to DDoS. Because when LS first struck last year this time, it was for S 'n G... they stated as much initially before changing tune to sound high and morally upright.
    • Like x 2
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Tannen Committed Player

Lizard squad goes back at least a year. And they were basically just "admirers" (read: wannabe unoriginal parrots) of derp trolling, who went back approximately a year before them. Now we have phantom squad or something like that, and apparently another one mentioned a couple posts above mine.

Heres the problem. Each successful, vocal DDoS group will inspire more to do the same, and as DDoS attacks, by their nature, are practically impossible to stop with the way the internet is structured, each new one will be successful as well.

Any reasonably known company will be targeted.

I expect at least one full of himself know-nothing who yhinks he knows everything will respond about how "easy" it is to stop these attacks, despite the evidence of large companies and governments repeatedly being victimized and helpless against them. Because theres always at least one of those guys
    • Like x 1
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

7. megamanzero Loyal Player

can't login.
  8. Supergirly Dedicated Player

So basically some children got a new computer for Christmas, right?
    • Like x 4
  9. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

What! Another hack attack? I haven't been able to access USPC all day, I certainly hope this cleared up by the time I get my PS4 tomorrow.
  10. Picture Active Player

Basically that's what this is. And these kiddies are abusing it thinking they are gods by performing some simple ddos attacks.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ully Committed Player

Wondering if the devs could give us an update...it's been 6 hours since daybreak's tweet.
  12. MrB Dedicated Player

I wouldn't call them children, I got other words in mind that might get me banned so I'll keep quite. But seriously how pathetic do you you have to be to be doing this on New Years?
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i am back finally, they hit for so long haven't even been able to connected with the forums for a while.
    i do not know if it's over still having problems logging on the game
  14. Nawtae Well-Known Player

Oan will still be there :3
    • Like x 1
  15. Minnion Devoted Player

So how does that quote apply to this situation? Are you suggesting that those of us who dislike the inconvenience of not being able to play our favorite games or post on the forums should all become computer tech experts capable of actually finding and stooping DDoS attacks in real time as opposed to complaining about it if that's what's bothering us?
    • Like x 1
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

they did say they would do one yesterday i am hoping this is the last one they plan on doing this one was a long one and well i didn't enjoy it, it pretty much lets just say i ain't happy about it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ully Committed Player

Mm...Do I know you ...:D #ita
  18. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I mean it's just more incentive to do something else for a while you know? There's a whole outside waiting to be explored believe it or not.
  19. Treskar Committed Player

An internal lack of commitment to maintenance on . . . on. . .

If the attack is conducted on a sufficiently large scale, entire geographical regions of Internet connectivity can be compromised without the attacker's knowledge or intent by incorrectly configured or flimsy network infrastructure equipment.

That flimsy network infrastructure equipment being.... WII U!..... not ps3 ITS THE WII U!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

How much you wanna bet that you wont be compensated.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.