SM Tank Ranking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Snix, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Snix Dedicated Player

What tank powers would you guys rank from 1 to 5 from your personal experiences in the Trigon SM? Obviously these will be personal opinions.

IMO

1. Earth (More than likely to survive one shots)
    2. Ice (Likely to survive one shots)
    3. Atomic (Less than likely to survive one shots)
    4. Rage/Fire (Haven't ran with one)
    5. Fire/Rage (Haven't ran with one)
  2. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

I'm the only tank I'v ran with (fire) who hasn't died/died endlessly on the adds in rounds 9/10/beyond, that was rage and ice tanks, I havent ran with another fire tank yet, make of that what you will. No tank is stronger than a blocking fire tank... Fire seemed very popular in Oan.

Havent ran with enough of each tank power to form an opinion, yet to see earth or atomic in there.
  3. Snix Dedicated Player

As Atomic I can't survive Superboys big hit nor Dr Lights big heat and there is pretty much nothing I can do to prevent it. Their big hits full life me. That's why in my R9 runs I'm usually tanking Superboy until Dr Light is down then an Ice or Earth takes over. Against Trigon I can survive but if extra adds come out I need lots of burst heals till they die.

My Ice and Earth leaguemates do quite well without needing massive incoming heals.
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

Atomic isnt suited (=/= impossible) for Trigon SM simply lots of these bosses are easy to counter via consistently blocking which isnt a popular thing amongst Atomic Tanks for "obvious" reasons. Known since it went on test that SM would be the dealbreaker.

Fire and Earth are the usual go to. Fire is easier here, lots of Earth tanks missing the point how Aftershock tanking actually works (they still seems to think its 2012 at its release when it worked different then now) and Pet tanking is not viable at the maximum possible rounds.

Ice is solid.

Rage is an add tank but thats it.
  5. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Ice, fire, earth, rage, atomic.....

After round ten, ice and fire
  6. Snix Dedicated Player

Yea I was told Atomic probably wasn't going to be viable for Trigon SM a few times before. Didn't think it'll be that bad and it wasn't to be honest. I guess every tank is good at something lol.
  7. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Well im pretty certain youre wrong about atomic since i am atomic and i had to solo tank the round 4 and round 6 bosses after the other tank dc'ed at both boss fights. I did perfectly fine soloing it, although it was quite hectic keeping the bosses in 1 spot without a 2nd tank. I have also solo tanked adds all the way through round 10 as well. Ive actually ran with several other atomic tanks in SM and havent seen any issues yet.
  8. YinChakra Dedicated Player

No issues Atomic tanking R11
    • Like x 1
  9. Pr0tojay Committed Player

You shouldnt be taking those big shots from Dr Light or Superboy, you have to avoid them. Ive seen 240+ sp ice & fire tanks get killed by it too. Dr Light is especially easy to tank. All you literally have to do is walk away when you see the skull. Once youre at a certain distance (not even that far away, just few feet) you wont even have to block and it wont even hit you.
    • Like x 1
  10. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

I've been up to R10 as rage and I haven't seen these one shots you speak of. Dr.Light's beam I can block through entirely but it's a bit safer to roll away and Superboy's beam doesn't even hit me if I block. Those are the hardest hitting attacks I can think of at the top of my head. Well, Donna's dive but doesn't really target me, ever. Everything else hits pretty soft.
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

Why do I even write words when ppl create their own words and interpret things in their imagination. :rolleyes: I didnt wrote you cant tank SM with Atomic. We do even had Rage on 11, so what? From a tanking perspective 13-14 (maybe 15, noone will figure that in the next 1,5 weeks out anyway) are the current caps due to CR (changing with Ep. 20). Anything below is just nothing worth to be mention at this point for tank possibilities.
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

My friend ilovedcuo solo tank to r9 as rage.
    • Like x 1
  13. TestReporter Loyal Player

Hmm... rage have no problems soloing r1-10, but rage is going to be a issue when tanking round 12+, because of jesse attacks, atomic is just fine, but if you are doing the higher rounds , i think people are going to have problems, getting one shotted while not in block, etc.
    Earth,ice and fire are the most solid for any SM, theres no ranking, its just about skill.
  14. Miserable Dedicated Player

1. Earth
    2. Fire
    3. Ice
    4. Atomic
    5. Rage
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Earth Fire and Ice, the other two tanks cant take big hits from bosses after round 10.
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Play atomic similar to Ice, using shields and breakouts. Use powers from Iconic and make sure you go for health and resto on blue to add to the shield strength.

If you add the aura to it when not blocking you get damage absorption. In fact, playing this way with three 1 combo ability, 2 shields, 2 breakouts, and Proton Remedy I have seen an atomic tank solo BDE without any issues, similar to the Ice and Earth tanks I have seen soloing BDE.

If used properly Atomic is a bit more flexible than Fire or Earth. Fire and Earth have to do lots of blocking to ensure survivability and rely heavily on the healer. With Atomic damage absorption, self healing and 90% defense increase, Atomic tanks can take those hits like Ice or Earth.

Atomic tanks have to block to make it in SM and knowing when to use the combo and keeping the aura up along with rotating the shields will go a long way for any 1/2 decent atomic tank.
  17. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Maybe you should choose your words better then. After all you did say atomic isnt suited for SM when that is simply not true.
  18. Snix Dedicated Player

Block w/ Fortified Blocking = Atomic Tanking w/ Aura

I'm pretty educated on my power no need to explain. Thanks though. Not saying I can't tank Trigon SM because I've already done it as a tank. I'm just pointing out some tough mechanics as Atomic which I've been given a tip or two on certain bosses. I'm hesitant on tanking R12+. Most likely will DPS those rounds lol.
  19. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

Hey sorry just switched to atomic but while I was earth Ii was using pet loadout, and now I see this ranking makes me think twice. But anyhow, why is it top if I may ask?
  20. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Atomic tanked rd1-10 no problem except super boy but I got his number now u jus have to be on your toes when he one shots ether roll to the right or make shur u are blocking with your aura and density up and u can eat the hit