Why the hate on High Heels in this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Phoenix Gemini, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Phoenix Gemini Level 30

Title says it all, Why hasn't there been any put in since the start of the game YEARS and YEARS ago.
    • Like x 7
  2. Kuno Loyal Player

We suggested more high heels specially when they released the Star Sapphires gear. That set made sense with high heels because it was female only instead a style ported from male model to female like usually (with HUGE out-of-proportion feet I got say ewww).
    But the devs didnt listened to us. Not even a variant version. Not sure if we ever going to get high heels but I want them!
    And more hairstyles and skins too.
    • Like x 8
  3. Sore Steadfast Player

Because of rigging and animations. The models are rigged with a hinge at the ankle. The default animation is with the foot making a 90 degree angle from the shin. When flying, the foot is rotated down about 45 degrees to 135 degrees from the shin.

High heels would have the foot appear at a 135 degree angle by default because that is how high heels work. That means while flying, the addition 45 degree rotation in the animation would make your ankles look broken at 180 degrees from (or straight with) your shin. You'd need different animations just for flyers wearing that foot style. Not only do I doubt that they don't have the tech built to support loading different animations based on the style you've equipped, I think they're on a budget with animations. Basic movement animations need to be preloaded in memory. With the known preload memory limitation on PS3, I think they'd rather save any memory capacity for new power sets.
    • Like x 6
  4. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

That makes no sense, there are already 5-6 pair in the game styles for females. So the animations even while flying already exist. I use them.
    • Like x 10
  5. X-zero Loyal Player

Spytle once brought up the issue mention that Sore said with the current styles. Plus I think he mention not liking heroines/villainesses in heels. Not sure the reason now though.

Oddly enough new inspired by female characters still tend to use the knee high boots.
  6. Minnion Devoted Player

Not only that but don't they also have backwards bent legs too? (I don't think that the animations would be that hard to implement... Even if you go with "invisible feet" with the visible part just not moving much if at all...
    • Like x 1
  7. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

So do I as can be seen in my signature and would really like to have more :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

So the question begs to be asked. How many pairs of high heels does a woman need?
    • Like x 1
  9. Phoenix Gemini Level 30

Well, there is quite a few styles that need heels. For example of how about just a normal high heel shoe, One that fits under pants and jeans. I mean it truly is something that needs to be addressed in this game. How about if everyone had to wear flipflops. Think of how that would irritate you. Flipflops are easier to animate.
    • Like x 2
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

Are those players or NPCs? I assume the NPCs have separate animation packages from players. Perhaps a carefully selected subset of what is offered in the player package.
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I like the 'formal' high heel look given to some of Pengies stooges in his lair mission
    • Like x 1
  12. Minnion Devoted Player

[IMG]
    I think this pic from a players signature answers your question...
    • Like x 1
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

I think you're right. :) I was picturing something more pronounced than that. If the thread is asking for more styles in variation of that, it makes sense to me.
    • Like x 1
  14. Minnion Devoted Player

Yep what I understand is that they just want a variation of that that goes under the pants instead of over... Shoes that look like shoes instead of boots...
    • Like x 1
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

We had this before with the Split Personality leg style til they considered it a "bug" god knows why. My toon wore heels til they got rid of it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Phoenix Gemini Level 30

Split Personality is the best option in game currently. Its time this is corrected. We've been asking for more heel styles since year 2 maybe even earlier. Not to mention more "in style" Hairstyles. To add insult to injury, the tiaras in game sit further back that all hairstyles....
    • Like x 3
  17. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

i can see it now
    "harley quinn high heels" for 2000 MP cash

smh
  18. Kuno Loyal Player

The animation excuse is tired and old. We already have high heels styles from game launch and they look actually way better than the deformed bigfoot boots we have for most of the styles ported from male version.
    Looks like the art devs hate them I know its extra work adding heels when porting a style but they didnt even did it with the female only set or female versions that looks completely different from male set.

There is also a bug for feet styles where the boot would be lower for females and then kneepad would be lower than the actual knee.
    I wish they put more effort with the female styles/porting.
    And more hairstyles.
    And skins like the "new" amazons from AF trilogy. Their face screams Jim Lee and have good resolution, not like our player models that look old and don even take eye color properly.
    • Like x 4
  19. Anima Committed Player

Idk, man. I'm still waiting on my Valentine's (or Christmas) lingerie styles.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jak-Man Committed Player