Changes I Feel can breath life into the Game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gameongabe, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Gameongabe New Player

I thought it would be fun if everyone that posted added something they would like changed or added to the game. Sorry for the video length one of my longest videos I have ever done, but I care that much that Dc becomes the game so many know it could be. Please keep this constructive with your fellow players, I promise if you check out the entire video their may be something you can take from it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

I took alot from the video and will reply as follows.

1. I like how you mentioned pvp. And I do miss the role buffs, however I feel that DCUO cannot act on pvp until powers are balanced, thus adding new maps at a time such as now would be a waste.

2. Replay badges are their primary source of income since powerchange tokens have slowed down so progression wont change at all in this game.

3. I think the majority of players agree that AM and WM is lazy compared to how the game originally was.

4. I disagree with the leveling an alt. PS grants trophies for leveling up another character so a skip to level 30 token would essentially remove those trophies from the game.

5. Right now the dev team doesnt have enough man power to add big content once or twice a year. As much as the game needs it it wont do it. ESO and FFXIV( currently the leading MMO on PS4) do content additions every 3 months and an expansion every 2 years. DCUO has their monthly cycle which they consider by the end of the year is equal to DLC and an expansion which I dont agree but thats what they want players to believe.

6. I do agree that group content needs to be added. I have in the past suggested several open world group content that has objectives such as cops and robbers, demolition missions, etc. But those have all been turned down due to the emphasis on raids. Open world group content does not exist in the monthly content cycle and is possibly out of the game.

7. I do agree about high level players smashing things and ruining the experience for new players.

The video surely captures many of the problems in DCUO, but sadly even the suggestions in this video may not come to fruition simply due to development time constraints and lack of man power. If your looking for pvp to be fixed, then you will be looking for a long, long time. In an interview with Larry Liberty( great dev who got let go) he said only 20% of the population does pvp. You will notice that 20% is gone, many people have stopped streaming pvp, so if pvp gets fixed by 2017. We will see alot of old players come back.

Until then we will just have to watch and see how things play out.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tsundere Well-Known Player

Wait at #5 I really do hope that DCUO dev's don't believe that because I don't think many players are not smart enough to pick up on it....well then again after playing with some people over the weekend I can see why players would believe that lol.
    • Like x 2
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Finally a video that points the problems without being all negative, i liked it.

I do miss the pre-WM/AM era where dps was actually a skill based role and good damagers were good because of skill rather than because of being a respec-token with legs.

I loved the 25:00ish mark about the boss fight event, i'd love to see something like that.

A good video actually, however I find odd that none of what you mentioned is a new "flaw" or unknown, i'd even dare say it's the same points that are discussed both here(forums) and on game and are shared by basically any person you can possibly come across (minus the same 4 or 5 guys who seem to have a script for their aswers :D ) , yet we keep being given the "it's all good, only you think that" answer...and here we are ._.
    • Like x 2
  5. Gameongabe New Player

I want to start by saying thanks for checking out the video!
    1. That is the one hard thing about mmos and this one especially is balancing, I see your logic and your right balancing is differently off with some of the powers but the mechanics of some of the powersets I doubt can ever be equal in pvp that's why I feel rps is sorely missed . A powerset such as munitions is lacking compared to other dps but atlest with the rps buff it could be a amazing troll for pvp still.

2. You are right replay badges are here to stay that is one move that can't be undone.

3. For me, Am and Wm defiantly removed some of the fun away from the games combat.

4. You misunderstood me, the leveling up does not bother me, what bothers me is the cr grind with every new char you level.

5. Yea, but that's where the problem is the player base sees through it and beating the short content move on to other games a few days later until new content is released.

6. This really goes back to your fifth point, group content mainly in pve would get players on the game more to play with league mates

7. Can't say any more about this that hasn't been said all ready:(

8. It's all up to the Devs so many players are just waiting for a reason to return.
  6. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I didn't watch the video but.......

Movement mode love

The movement modes have been neglected for so long they are like bastard step children. This is one of a handful games that gives a huge interactive environment with only a handful of movement restrictions and yet there have been precious few updates. The drop rate for update to the movent modes is less then OP items and "The Corrupted" consumable. Hell, those are common drops compared to movement mode updates.

Next month will be half a decade of DCUO and I can sum up movement mode love in less one sentence nerfs, supercharge update, PVP update, PVP take away, and skimming.

Even the values for power return from the breakout abilities haven't been scaled.

Almost 14 months ago they talked about maybe some customization and that would be awesome but how about

Some new animations
    Giving movement modes ther own AM
    Giving some movement modes combo into other movement modes
    Movement mode mastery options
    Not grounding players in every instance
    Creating a instance that celebrates movement modes instead of taking them away
    Creating content where a movement power is necssary to do something
    Um, repeat some new animations
    The hold ranged attack for th flash legends - awesome - can we get options for all movement modes to purchase a hold range from our movement mode tree

SS - flash teleport
    Acro - forward flip or dagger throw deepending in which one you purchase
    Flight - Air dash

Something, anything the movement modes are own if the coolest most unique features to this game and they were good five years ago. I think you guys may have learned a few things in the last few years that could make them fun and interesting and give people a reason to try out and play with other movement modes
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

Replay badges can totally be undone. In fact, the must be undone or this game will not survive. No one new, coming from any other MMO style game, is going to put up with the way they push paying extra, on top of a sub, just to advance normally.

They need to get their act together an make a Marketplace. They have lost years worth of revenue at this point. I don't know who's fault that is, but it needs to be resolved. Fast.
    • Like x 2
  8. Stilway Well-Known Player

The only thing I don't get about saying that replay badges are their big money grab. Why would they turnaround and make skill points almost completely useless. After all people would spend a ton of replays to unlocking feats if the skill points meant anything these days.

The point I'm trying to make is why would the devs in a way nerf their biggest income generator by making unlocking feats almost completely useless. Then in turn lose out on selling us replays badges.

Also they wouldn't make drop rates as miserable if all they were after was our money for replays. I know I hardly ever replay stuff anymore because of the drop rates and don't want to gamble $2.50 worth of replays in hopes for maybe getting a piece of gear.
  9. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

Yup. I hit on a few of those too.
  10. Gameongabe New Player

I do agree more should be done with movement abilities, With Flash blowing up like it is, I am amazed they haven't taken this chance to revamp movement powers. No excuse movement powers are in the state that are in.
  11. Gameongabe New Player

Well those reply badges have had a impact so big on the game so big that players could go on and on able them. Players currently spend a lot of their time replying content for gear that has given them a mind state of Gear>Skill points. In the past before replays, players would be grinding skill points in their off time waiting for weekly/daily resets.