Balancing Light and Rage

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by VioletSorceress, Nov 30, 2015.

1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Almost cant wait to see how these two power sets gonna be handled in the upcoming balance pass.

I am very curious to see what loadouts are Devs going to propose to test properly Light' full melee and Rage's max range damage out. Celestial after the update is still not even close to gadgets, mental, ice, earth and sorc.

Id hate to see Light's current ranged rotation doing most damage even at full melee. Hope some of the Light's melee attacks got buffed.

What are your thoughts guys and what kind of loadouts would u propose for all ranges for HL and Rage ?
    • Like x 1
  2. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

There is a lot of loudout you can use for HL , u can do the regular one which you start with fan then impact , mini gun , ran , light blast . Or your can do snap trap mini gun and grasping hand , or you can also do fan, impact, grSbing hand repeat .

I would really love to see if we can use our AM without the need of WM, like ice and atomic and earth.

I would love to see impact and ram doing three ticks . all combos gets a buff .
  3. DulcesS Well-Known Player

Rage will get either damage buff to its current ranged combos, or a new ones. Probably the first... And HL just a damage buff. This update/es will cause this 2 already overpowered powers to be even more broken in PvP.
    • Like x 1
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

One thing i would like to see is if they made Berzerk be a mid-range buff, instead of only melee.
    • Like x 2
  5. Pults Loyal Player

I want to see how the optimal loadout will look for rage - one that can do 35/30/25. Each powerset that had the rebalancing can do melee, midrange and full range with a single loadout, rage can't achieve that in the current state.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

Celestial hits the 25,30, and 35k targets at melee, mid and full range
  7. Benn 10 Committed Player

I just want a damage increase for both please and thank you. Lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Something other than Dreadful blast spam to say the least..
    For Rage:
    What I'd like to happen:
    Buff PR, Or change frenzy.
    There are times when meleeing is impossible for us rage players due to 1 shot mechanics, so at least give us something better than dreadful spam when we need to back off.

What I forsee happening
    -Combos get buffed.
    Plasma retch, galling eruption remained untouched.
    -Ranged rotation still involves dreadful blast spamming.

For HL:
    Just buff the combos, and fix the crit rate.
    • Like x 1
  9. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Light's melee need to be looked at,
    Moves like Claws, FinalClaw, Entrap, Chainsaw and Boxing need their base numbers increased along with the general AM damage increase. Currently, a rotation involving only range moves does more damage than any melee rotation which makes no sense.

For Rage,
    I think Plasma Retch should have additional power interaction to: Deal additional damage at Plasma Burned enemies; otherwise re- applying PI at max distance will be a huge damage lose. Plasma Retch cant be clipped so that means u have to stop Dreadful Blast spam at some point of the rotation to apply Bloodlust on its own too, if u want to mix it up. It will be ridiculous if pure Dreadful Blast spam does most damage at max distance.

Relentless Anger and Berserk should have their range increased to match new mid-range standard.
  10. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Most likely Light's biggest increase is going to be in the mid range space for the impending change. At both Melee and Full Range Light is close to the correct damage range. Not where it needs to be but not as far off. The biggest likely change is going to be that mid range while the other ranges will improve they'll still be places where Melee won't be ideal. At least there we'll be competitive with other powers standing between 7 and 13 M.

I also wouldn't worry to much about the full range rotation being the most damaging at melee range after the update. Reason being is A) Light will get interrupted by basic attacks. B) The base damage for those powers are lower and will likely continue to be so. C) The way they deal damage More ticks vs straight burst.

Safe guards could be put in place by the dev's with the range rotation where it doesn't receive extra damage for melee range though I don't think that'll be necessary.

There are some bugs that I hope get addressed
    • LS, ST/GH DoT, and Rm/IMP melee tick(1st tick) do not receive AM damage buff. That should get fixed.
    • Entrap should NOT be clippable.
    • I also think the damage range should get looked at for the burst tick from Chompers. Spike Quake has a higher damage range for the burst. It should net more overall damage since it deals more ticks but should NOT have a higher burst hit. Chompers should have a higher/better crit range since it cost more power points to use.
    I'm also interested in seeing how the update affects the controller role. Looking forward to it. Hopefully coming our way soon.
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

Pet powers hit LESS than 25/30/35 in a dps over cr 140. My Earth toon cr 145 5123 precision was hitting max 33k on 7m. Good news!
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Tomorrow i will do live tests with Light and put here my numbers.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shifty Committed Player

Hardlights melee combos already hit hard,at least I know light claws do,I would say the combos need to be faster tho,and the range combos need a buff,they hit way to low.
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

My Recommendation for HL:

Allow HL range rotation to have Melee, Mid-Range and Range damage.

I'm asking for this update as HL has no way to survive when using its melee abilities like Rage.

My Recommendation for Rage:

When using Server Punishment can Rage players have an increase in defense by 25% while this is one cool down.
  15. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Looking at Mental's update, I see a lot of abilities get a damage increase. I wonder what's in store for Light's clipping play style.
    With a significant buff of Might based and Dazed PI dmg clipping could become as viable as Infinite Chaining.
    • Like x 1
  16. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Berserk and Relentless Anger would be better as mid-range with same duration cause rage is already too melee orientated. Since damage scales with distance there is no need to for certain moves to be restricted to melee. A lot of previously melee only abilities like Blight, Savage Growth and Electroburst already got changed to be mid -range.

30k per hit wont happen but Plasma Retch do need a significant buff since you cant clip it like other PI set up abilities.
    I think the number of ticks can be increased so the overall damage would almost match Galling Eruption. Again, If this wont happen, max range rotation will be limited to Dreadful Blast spam...
  17. Swiftduck Loyal Player

hopefully soon because im getting tired of using lightclaw for that 25k burst.

make snap trap a high crit aoe please
  18. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I just want them to do it already sick of waiting
  19. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Hell ya man
    • Like x 1