GU36's Effects on PVP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Brice Allen, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Lol, who ever told you that is a liar! The quick 2 button press combos (e.g., Hold, hold) will be tough, if not impossible to counter when someone baits someone into spamming block and counter them for immunity & go full WM combo damage + buffed burst hitting them for 8k or more.
    • Like x 2
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

They run with 1 healer Instead of two, because getting a death with two healers was hard. Think they switched to make it more fun, because I imagine a 20 minute fight with no deaths is tedious
  3. PillowHands Committed Player

It happened while I was away from the game. I came back and the new thing was temple of isis 4v4. It most likely happened because of their love for fast paced pvp. Steps the devs took slowed down kill ability a lot. 5v5 matches result in low kills. With 1 healer in 4s, fast paced matches are possible. This is also why many people are complaining about electric healers. Electric healers are the only ones capable of solo healing 4v4 matches with 1-1-1-1 setup against teams of close to equal skill.
  4. PillowHands Committed Player

Also, some block breakers go into combos. BB into WM into power. Either way, one mistake can result in a quick death.
    • Like x 1
  5. Brice Allen Loyal Player

That is interesting man. We run 1 Healer in 5's normally in our group (Our group make up that we normally run is 1 Healer, 2 Power Trollers, and 2 DPS). I want to say all of our scrims in the last 5 weeks have ended 1000-0 or 1000-50 wins for us.
  6. Giggles Loyal Player

I dunno, I don't think those are going to be an issue for me personally. If you turtle in PvP, then yeah I can see it being a problem for you or anyone else who turtles. However, for me and play style, it's a non issue in PvP. :)
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

He was right
    • Like x 1
  8. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Kinda funny that 8k used to be considered massive burst [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. Mighty Committed Player

Personally I find some twisted humor in the fact that many, dare I say most, of the people who vehemently argued for removing offensive jump cancelling left the game long before I did.
    • Like x 3
  10. SeeMeFight Well-Known Player

I wish I could like this post more.
    • Like x 2
  11. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Some of us are still here. =]
  12. Mighty Committed Player

Good thing I didn't say "all," then. Enjoy playing a game that's a shell of its former self.
    • Like x 1
  13. Soul Dedicated Player

This game has been a "shell" of its "former self" since mid 2012 (PvP-wise).

Don't mind us while we keep enjoying the game for reasons that are apparently beyond you.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

I actually haven't logged in since March. I'm just as sick and tired of a hopeless PvP mode as anyone else.
  15. Mighty Committed Player

Face it, many of the major issues in PVE and PVP can be traced back to the developers' dogged insistence on ham-handedly shoving GU36 down our throats.

Ridiculous, cheesy time-to-kill issues in PVP? Thank AMs and the weapon tuning for DOT AMs, which grew out of GU36's legacy.

Overly simple, boring and non-challenging gameplay for DPSs and trolls? AMs, power return mechanics, legacies of GU36.

Developers bogged down in almost two years-worth of cyclical, quasi-productive AM balance tuning? Products of GU36.

Cheapened content and power creep thanks to clearly overpowered AMs? GU36.

Clamping in seasonals and stat-leveling from GU47? Necessitated by OP AMs and WM, which owe their genesis to GU36.

Bugs and issues left to linger far, far too long by an understaffed developer team that's still trying to balance AMs and weapon combos instead of addressing other issues? Started with GU36.

Over-focus on DPS gameplay experience instead of tooling with and evolving the nature of support roles? Devs been tied up since GU36.

The sad thing is, many of us saw this coming and warned against it. We got called scoreboard chasers and elitists for it. To be sure, GU36 didn't cause all the game's issues, but it caused many, and its legacy is this quagmire of wasted resources during critical stretches of the game's lifespan.
    • Like x 6
  16. Soul Dedicated Player

This is all true, except it addresses GU36 as a turning point, whereas in reality that ball started spinning 23 Game Updates prior to it..
  17. Fies Committed Player

Which (13) took place 2-4 weeks after I initially quit the game adressing some of the issues that made me quit in the first place. I returned in early 2015... oh well :)
  18. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

I was vocally against AM's from their inception, WM too and I was never referred to as an elitist or scoreboard chaser. Since you're HL, you were getting called out for supporting offensive JC because it was part of what made HL so special. I never agreed that offensive jump canceling was an appropriate play style, HL got wrecked after the fact because it's production leaned heavily on JC.
  19. Soul Dedicated Player

That must've been a shock ._.
  20. Fies Committed Player

So much time passed inbetween that memories came back rather slowly... The only thing I really remebered when reDLing was that Pve Weapons had once been BIS and luckily werent any longer. That very fact alone made me decide to give it another shot :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.