Questions from a Returning Newb

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Midori Toro, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Midori Toro Level 30

A couple of years ago, I got my primary character up to CR52 or so, and then life got in the way of being able to play regularly. That changed recently, so I renewed my legendary membership, and started playing again. However, I have some questions, and I'm hoping some of you kind souls will answer them for me.

1) Where do I go from here?
    I played through the leveling missions, and I see that there are all these "episodes," but there doesn't seem to be a clear path through them. No one is offering me quests that seem Challenge Rating appropriate. Do I just take on the highest-level stuff I can in the "on duty" tab, or is there a story line someplace I'm missing?

2) Are Green Lantern insignia now available?
    I occasionally see someone with a lantern corps insignia on a raised disk on the front or back of their costumes. Where do those come from?

3) Promethium Lockboxes bugged?
    On Sunday last, I got a lockbox. I opened it, and chose the Kabuki facemask. I got the item, popped the item, got the message "Midori Toro has received the Kabuki Facemask style!" Only... I hadn't. It's not in my head items, it's not in my face items, and my feat for the Kabuki style lists only the gloves as achieved. Did I do something wrong by popping the item in an instance? I filed a support request about it, but haven't heard word one back from Daybreak.
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

After choosing the mask, did you collect it from your inventory?
  3. The Blinder Well-Known Player

The game has changed in many diffrent ways but it's still the same concept
  4. Midori Toro Level 30

Yes. As I said, I got the message that I had received the style, but I didn't actually receive it.
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

1. Storylines will be piecemeal from here on out. As your CR progresses, you will occasionally get messages about where to go and whom to speak to. In fact, sometimes you will get multiples at once. Make sure to check your journal.

2. Lantern styles start in Tier 5.

3. No clue.
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

They added several hundred styles to the lockboxes and it wouldn't be the first to be broken or acting weird.
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

1) There are story lines and storyline missions, but I get a feeling they were introduced in later tiers, like T6. They're basically in your Journal and they tell you to queue up for a particular instance which was part of that episode.

Basically your objective now is to reach maximum CR, at a pace which is right for you. You do this by earning marks to get gear as I'm sure you're aware, but you can also advance your CR by receiving drops in content. Basically, if there's no guiding mission, just look at the On Duty menu, choose the content you wish to play and have fun. When new content opens up, it should prompt you via a voice over message or a prompt to check your Journal.

2) They are only available as part of specific gear sets. You can't take the emblem and put it on another piece of gear. Likewise, you can't change the colour of it either. This applies to all Lantern corp factions who have gear, which is pretty much ever faction except White Lanterns at this point.

Each corp (except Orange Lanterns) has a medium sized, metallic disc you can wear as your Back style, which features the logo, if you wanted the logo but didn't want to wear the chest. Unfortunately due to brand integrity the usage of the logo is very limited and restricted.

3) I have no idea about this. I didn't even know there was a specific "Kabuki" mask style. Perhaps look for "League of Assassins" style in the Face section? That's the only one I'm aware of. It may be a bug item that doesn't exist, if not. But I'm not sure.
    • Like x 1
  8. Midori Toro Level 30

Thanks for the help, gang. I'm appreciative.