Motivation Farming Feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Blinder, Nov 26, 2015.

1. The Blinder Well-Known Player

I've been playing this game since early 2012. My main Toon is actually from way back then, now when I first started playing I didn't even know feats were important. It wasn't emphasized enough and it still isn't to new players just starting the game. I have feats that need to be done for some very old content. Including finishing some before level 30 investigations. It's just extremely un motivating to go that far back I'm literally going "years" back in content to do feats that take FOREVER. It'd be nice to have some type of reward for players who are "detected" as someone who has already passed that Era of content, or for them to just buy the feats somehow.

Replay Badges-For feats from old content you never got done.
    Or just use dcuo money.
    As I said this would be only for people who's CR is way past the contents CR or level threshold.
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

No. Go do the feats or live without them. There are feats that aren't worth the time or hassle for me so I'll never have them and that's fine.
    • Like x 6
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

awaits the no-lifers who play 24-7 to claim its a horrible idea :rolleyes:
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Says the guy that claimed anyone at end game who didn't have the 500 solo, duo, and alert feats was slacking...
    • Like x 6
  5. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I like the way you put no-lifers as a preemptive namecall to discourage people from posting...yet here i am.... it's a horrible idea.:D
    • Like x 5
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

nope see idc if you post or not, its my opinion ;)

as what you type is yours no?
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

IMO they are, but then again thats what opinions are correct?

and you can get those feats by simply playing the content and not trying to get to the next tier asap. But hey what do I know.
  8. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

So...your opinion is: "awaits the no-lifers who play 24-7 to claim its a horrible idea" weird opinion huh? xD Anyway, don't get all touchy feely, i was just poking fun at your attempt thats all.

That said, i still think it's a bad idea since people who have farmed for tons and tons of hours would get all angry, i wouldn't really mind it, since i have tons of peding feats myself.
    • Like x 1
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That same philosophy applies to briefings and investigations, too. Why skip those while experiencing the content? The stories they tell are interesting and sometimes humorous, especially to someone playing who enjoys DC lore.
    • Like x 2
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yes b/c if its not a suggestion from someone in ppls inner circle (ppls friends) then everything seems like a crap idea usually / here lately.

so why wouldnt this suggestion be any different? Specially if it'd end all the crying over ppl with low SP'

its simple as ppl love to complain no matter what it is.
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I usually look for them, some times if Im in a hurry I tend to skip them.

but 9/10 times I look for them in content. I've finished all collection and briefings tied to feats due to it.
  12. The Blinder Well-Known Player

I agree but on my way to level 30 a couple years ago I didn't care or realize about the investigations now I do and they are interesting. But I can't go back in time when I could've cared about them when I started out.
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

So you do what others who didn't know they were important at the time, myself included, and go back and get them. To average it has nothing to do with who suggested it. It's getting feats that people actually got by playing the game, by spending money.
    • Like x 3
  14. EP Ice Loyal Player

I am noticing people are asking for more and more stuff to be given to them and not just earn it. Sooooooo.....that is a no for me. I am not a 24-7 person either. ;)
    • Like x 4
  15. dresserball Dedicated Player

If there comes a time where you can buy feats for the most part, I will be leaving. I like feats, I like grinding, and there are plenty of resources online to find those briefings.

What have you been doing since 2012 that you didn't get those feats? Or at least hear the story they tell
    • Like x 4
  16. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

But they say special don't matter so you bother?
  17. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

No. No. And heeeeelllll no.

Go back and BLAST through the content and get the feats. They're easy! Except maybe the style feat.

If you don't have the motivation, then get some of them from the newer content first, then once you start to get some, you may find motivation.

You don't see my whining about the exobit feat, which goes to 25,000! Honestly, I NEVER want to buy a feat I didn't earn first. How can you even be happy with your character knowing that you've done nothing but throw cash at the screen?
    • Like x 3
  18. Sho Tyme Well-Known Player

You want them to give/unlock you feats, that you did nothing to earn? based on cr? As easy as it is to jump cr, hell no!
    As stated earlier, either go back and get them or live without them. People love asking for the easy button for gaming...not to mention that's pay to win essentially...
    • Like x 1
  19. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

This exactly.

The game is very alt-unfriendly, but in point of feats it is alt-friendly: do them once, buy them for the other toons (and quite cheap) -> fair deal. Also, for the "push through content" crowd, there is a way to get the style feats later via marks - granted, especially the maya set is badly done in relation of cost and reward and some prices should be adjusted, especially of gear that needs an episode or DLC to be available - so doing feats later gets some support.

All the other feats are about doing things in a certain way (School of Hard Knocks, using mechanics of maps like "It's a trap" etc.), being some place (explorations, briefings, investigations), collecting (there are just very few collection related feats, some in the seasonals, one in the basic game that is pure collection and some counting it mixed with briefings and investigations, and just a few in the episodes; devs dropped that concept pretty early - was there another feat relevant collection after Battle for Earth yet?) or running content repeatedly - that is stuff that should be done at least once by a player who wants the feat linked to it.

There is absolutly no reason to reward a player lacking motivation. Content skipping is easy enough as of now.
    • Like x 1
  20. MrGT Well-Known Player

I don't have a huge amount of skill point like some do, only around 156 or so. My time to play over the last 3 months has also been very limited and as much as I want more SP I could not support the idea of buying SP I did not earn. No Issue with being able to purchase them on alts but you gotta earn them.