To the dev team....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IceRaider, Nov 10, 2015.

1. IceRaider Dedicated Player

As the last booster bundle dropped for purchase I new we'd have some new colored smoke auras inside, however got a question.. What was your reasoning for why white smoke didn't make the cut? I tried my luck a few times to obtain an original nimbus aura with no success so I was hopeful that I'd see the white smoke make its way into dcuo. If one of the devs can answer the question it would be appreciated. Thank you for your time ~ MS

Also side note... Would like to ask if we may see customizable auras in the future? For example if you were unable to acquire an original nimbus aura or you didn't like the shade of the blue nimbus a customizable nimbus, smoke, plastic or radiant aura as a rare booster bundle drop would be sweet. Again thank you for your time.
    • Like x 1
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

White smoke aura would be cool....
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

They use a dartboard.

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I think white smoke would probably look a lot like og nimbus? but faster, maybe...idk.

OP:

Customizable auras would defeat the purposes of limited auras, as a proud wearer of an og smoke aura, i shiver at the thought of some muggle casual strolling around with a knock-off smoke aura.

Nah, just kidding, however it would defeat the sales of different colored auras, while killing the rares in the process, but it would still be cool to see, helping people make their characters look like they want them to look, as a compulsive free aura giver, it sometimes is a pain to get hold of a particular aura, and sometimes they are over 10M x.x which i'll admit is a bit painful to give away :p
    • Like x 1
  5. grendel007 Well-Known Player

Maybe it would work just to change within the aura color. The intensity, tint, shade, and the hue only in that part of the spectrum (say green-blue to violet-blue.
    • Like x 1
  6. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Really? No answer from the devs? This a simple question why no answer?
  7. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Because they know people are going to overreact to whatever they say.
    • Like x 6
  8. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I'm guessing the next in the BOOSTER BUNDLE will be.....

BOTTOM LINE: The NEW AURAS that the BLACK LANTERNS have BUT in MULTIPLE COLORS. You KNOW the ones i'm talking about, the ones that look like CARNAGE from MARVEL. THE CORRUPTION AURA or CORRUPTED AURA. I guess we will WAIT and see.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

The corrupted auras look awful, I'm sorry but they do.

Just looks like a bunch of badly animated swirly things coming off the body.

The mist auras on the other hand.
    • Like x 2
  10. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

i would like to see the aura they have on the empowered heroes (wildcat 4 example) in the t5 strike team instance (villains) .. them auras are dope af
    • Like x 1
  11. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I actually LIKE them.

BOTTOM LINE: Just MY opinion.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

no that's fine, to each their own.
    • Like x 1
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

This woulb be ubber popular so market place. Dont be foolish and take a burst in profits when it can sit there and appeal to everyone. Every new customer who is not here for the booster bundles.

How many smoke and op nimbus auras do u see in game? Its very rare for me on usps so ur giving up all these sales for a burst in sales and then honoring players who may not even be here? Nah if something can make u money today and still be appealing in say 3 years u take the slow sure revenue.

A smoke nimbus to kinda match original smoke aura and a white smoke to match the original nimbus per market place would sell 2 day and appeal to so many future new players. New players draw partly is customization kf characters and vanity items for said situation simply is small. Add must have items and build this up cause as a populous lucks really taken a toll on us.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Every time a green name comments on any thread people blow whatever they say out of proportion. It's like a reporter or newspaper writer that just saw a celebrity.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

WHAT evidence do you HAVE to support this CLAIM? NONE of the previous Booster Bundles auras were EVER used by NPCs in game FIRST. The new auras they make have ALWAYS been UNIQUE and NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN GAME.

CAPS ARE FUN.
    • Like x 2
  16. IceRaider Dedicated Player

You guys are turning my thread into a circus sideshow. This question is directed to the devs and only the devs, it's a legit question with having absolutely no backlash on any answer they give. I simply want to know why it didn't make the cut and will we be able to see it in the future maybe.
  17. Agnetta Dedicated Player

Public forum.
    • Like x 1
  18. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Yup and if it gets locked for nonconstructive purposes I'll be pissed. I just want an answer. So if you must post, post something constructive.
  19. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Actually you are wrong and right, however I suggested the customizable auras be a rare much like the originals were. They would still be limited time like the others too. It's a sound request and could be worth buying a few bundles. But thanks for a more constructive post.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I'm perplexed by your thought process. You write a post on the forums and think no one else but the devs are going to comment on it? I know this isn't your first rodeo so I don't understand why you think that would happen.

You than factor in how the devs physically can't answer your question because they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. What good would answering your question do when it will just cause them to get backlash not to mention cause expectations of what they should or should not answer. The devs aren't just closed lipped because of evil reasons but because they kind of have to be or issues happen.