Incomplete Elite farming?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIThe QuestionII, Nov 10, 2015.

1. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Not really, there are some skilled players that do this too, as i stated before (many times, but lots of you seem unable to read the thread and just answer for the sake of answering), nor do i consider myself to be a top player nor do i dislike the farmers from getting stuff.

What i do dislike is the disproportion between effort-reward, as in, a farmer can farm 3 runs this giving them 6 chances at gear, while someone who played the game as intended gets 3 (really, developers made a whole raid, yet some fully geared people still have no idea how to do last boss), yes, in a way i think there should be a reward for actually completing the raid as intended.

As far as i care, the farm could stay the same, it supports the game after all, and changing that wouldn't change the players from still looking for carries and dropping instances at the first sign of hardship, a person character is the same regardless of the circumstances.
  2. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Hardly think you understood what i asked, since the question was directed at the fact that what you wrote has been already answered...repeatedly.

But god forbid you actually read before answering, lest you miss the chance to grace us with your important facts of what i care about and "isn't about them at all it's about you" psychobabble:D

Please excuse me if i refrain from further replies, but i've repeated myself enough, this thread has already dragged itself too much and derailed from its original purpose.
  3. YinChakra Dedicated Player

This is why i don't pug elite, i pugged it 1 time and they disbanded after 3 wipes on lb... wasted my replays. First time i completed BD elite it took 80mins with league ( fastest 31min ), a pug group will not consist of the same 8 people at the 80min mark in a raid.
  4. E Clip Dedicated Player

Well yes, but afaik Mepps said that each gear piece will be the best for 3 months, so essentially it would be the same as before and you wont have to replace pieces every month. I'd like weapon to be in the loot table only from last boss because that gives everyone a bigger incentive to try and beat it instead of replaying 2 bosses over and over. Every game does this, best loot comes from last boss and thats that and it shouldnt be any other way imo. I dont see why those who spend replays only on 2 bosses, should feel entitled to having every single piece of gear when they dont put the effort to beat the whole thing. Its unfair towards those who complete the raid.

I think people will have bigger incentive to try and beat last boss for a weapon and a good utility belt rather than for a 25 points feat. Though Im not sure how that would affect affinity bonuses so you might have a point there.

Yeah I agree, I think this was proposed in MEBegnalsFan's topic about best gear in vendor. A lot of games do this, you get tokens or crafting materials that you can exchange for gear or craft it.
    • Like x 1
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

That's fine if it's the raid from month 1, but month 3 only gives you a few weeks to get the drop. Case and point...I'm chasing obsolete shoulders in UM Reg and UM Elite on different toons

I almost feel like the 3 months of content need to be on a 4 month cycle with survival mode and some other non-progress event in the 4th month.
    • Like x 1
  6. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

Well, I ask this when UME first came out and I received no answer, but will ask again: What is the completion ratio on BDE? How many times has the raid been run in the 1 week it has been out (gives us a good idea on number of replay badges spent), and of those runs, how many times has it been completed?

I don't expect an answer but it would be nice to know.
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

If I take a a guess I say 5% of ppl with full elite arewards capable or have beat lb bde. I remember a person who in full elite stating if he,had full 146 cr ppl they may have beat lb. That goes to show us the standard I'd assume
  8. Agnetta Dedicated Player

People that beat the first 2 bosses don't deserve gear that drops from the first 2 bosses? Am I correct in assuming you delete/salvage gear that you get from the first 2 bosses then? You only use gear that you get from the last boss right?
    • Like x 2
  9. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Reading through this thread the one common theme or question I have is "have people actually played any other mmo before?" Every single MMO I have ever played has players farming the bosses they can complete until they acquire enough gear to complete the entire raid. Sure there are world firsts and they are announced so those people get to feel special for a minute or two. However, the purpose of rewarding for each boss is to strengthen a character so they can complete the content.

It makes no sense that people want it to be ok to beat when it is not relevant to the player, but not work towards beating it while it is relevant.

In most mmos new content comes out. The people that completed the highest level of difficulty content have an easier time during the "leveling" process. Then they earn new better gear during the alert or group content. So everyone going into the first raid of the new content are actually at the same level as everyone else. When they enter the raids for the first time, they usually make it through the first few bosses the first week. Then the next week or so they get enough gear that they can finish it. The people that are less skilled do the same but probably do not get as far.

This game was made for the casual player in terms of time commitment, anyway you slice it. If a raid can be completed in under an hour by any group of people it is casual, and most people want it this way. People will be encouraged to beat the content if there is a reason to do it, such as beating it while it is still relevant. Once new content comes out people push it to the side....Just look at the lfg channel....

In addition, if they didn't reward for anything but the last boss, replays would not be purchased by the majority of the players you are trying to punish for not completing the raid, and therefore the game would take a major hit. If anything you would be asking for watered down content.
    • Like x 2
  10. E Clip Dedicated Player

The item pieces Im suggesting dont have styles and feats attached to them, unless you're counting the weapon style ... Even if it were the case of the last boss dropping a chest or head which you might need for a style, then the problem isnt in what im suggesting but in the drop rate.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Oh man you're so clever, man let me get some aloe vera for that sick burn you gave me...

If you'd read what I said and not just typed for the sake of typing you'd have realised that i didn't say people don't deserve some gear for beating bosses I said I'm an advocate for changing the tables so that they can't get all the gear by never actually completing the content.

I still stand by that opinion and many others in here do too.

Quite frankly the only people that don't want that change are people who know that aren't good enough to finish in the first place and they don't want their replay crusade to stop.
  12. BlazeChamp Committed Player

13. Elusian Crowd Control

Thats wrong. Done both ways and I'm in the pool for let them do what they want. They replay, throwing cash into the game strenghten the concept of being the way to go for devs. Who cares about it anyway? Elite is outdated in a month since the new gear will make BDe a cakewalk (example UMe). The monthly release schedule has highly diminished the sense of Elite content anyway so at this point I'm in the "whatever" boat. As long it works out for the game.
  14. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I understood your question perfectly......

Satire
    ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
    noun
    the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
    synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;

You don't have to respond, it's cool but I understood your satire, and to answer your question directly since abstract concepts didn't work. I read two pages before I replied, at about 1/2 page mak the wheels were already falling off but I gave it another page and half after that.

Glad you enjoyed my psychobabble, I try.
  15. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I find funny how people known to farm and comenting here love to twist and ridicule the arguments of those against the practice as if there was gonna be a verdict at the end of this thread.

See, i love to eat a lot of candy, people say its bad on the teeth, they are right, i dont call them elitists or any name just because they point out something i do and i dont like it, things are what they are and people are who they are, even if it touches a nerve you'd like to pretend doesn't exist...especially if it touches a nerve you'd like to pretend it doesn't exist. ;)
  16. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

That is where I feel that you are wrong, there will be a verdict, maybe not at the end of this thread but in game. Either enough people here will complain about this set up and it will be changed, or no change will be made...so a decision will eventually be made by the Devs on this.

For those advocating against the current set up, I understand where your coming from, it would be similiar to putting pet drops or platinum drop in SM in any round not rounds 10 or 12 up. Understand also that people look at the gear as a progression of their toon (even if it isn't needed) and if they can't get, they will come here and complain until the raid is nerfed to nothing.

Be aware there are consequences to changes or no changes, that is all Im trying to get people to understand. What you wish for may turn out worse than what we have.
    • Like x 1
  17. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

It's not Hardcore. I solo healed the BDE feats for some groups. Running 1 tank doesn't make you hardcore. There are videos of people completing it without 2-2-2-2 set up. Just depends on what your group is capable of.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

And like was said initially the elite content is supposed to be for the elite not the casual that's what the devs said originally not the players.

At the moment that is not the case the elite content is not hard enough and the whole issue is exacerbated by the farming first two bosses with no penalty for doing so.

Also ask yourself how much you could bring back progression if people could no longer sell resets.
  19. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Actually that's not quite true, eventually most players will be geared enough to beat the raid.
    I'm more concerned with chasing one piece of obsolete gear (style) in a raid that I no longer want to run or need for current gear... as I am with UM Reg and UM Elite for Shoulders RNG for one boss with exclusive loot is extremely frustrating and a creates a situation designed to be solved with replay tokens.

I can see an OP drop or something not related to elite gear styles or affinity bonuses for a last boss reward. Quite frankly, the feats should be enough incentive to push players to complete the raid....
    • Like x 3
  20. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Red: The point I agree with you very much, as the guys do the same thing that gets the toxin into the community: forcing their way to play on others.

Blue: here's the point where you still judge: it's not a glitch or exploit (like the clowbox thing or (ab)using doors in boss fights etc.) it's more.... "concentrated" gameplay? It's like.... ah: running police station/nightclub duo over and over for the remora hand style, which - at least for me - don't drop from the boss encounter - those can drop from the previous encounters, so resetting helps (but isn't necessary as they also drop from the adds, which makes it not an exact example). No one would care because progressionwise we talk about a 25 point feat. I'm pretty sure the focus this gets it's due to that instance currently being top of the food chain.
    • Like x 3