Super powerful geared players causing issues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SHEPHERD, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

At Tier Queuing, that could work (as long as it's optional.)
  2. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Good luck with Corrupted Zamaron and The Flash Museum duo at CR 113. It's technically not impossible but who am I kidding yeah, it's pretty much near impossible but after you spend roughly thirty minutes to an hour in a duo maybe just maybe you will learn to appreciate the help of the occasional over geared player.

Teamwork makes the dream work.
  3. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

By far not. That "security" check to ensure everything mission relevant is spawning is needed in direct dependency from that super damage. The last paragraph says "I do not agree with the OP on removing that type of damage from lower level/tier content, I prefer to have that content fixed to not bug out on that kind of damage."
    • Like x 1
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I don't disagree with you, but I have had a similar experience to Torikumu where a high geared player went in while me and the other two people fought the bounty, the high geared player solo'd Lex/Superman, and then we all went to Krypton together. Three of us lost out on loot because of that player, and for some reason, the other two people didn't want to kick him. When asked about it, one said, "It's too difficult to find a group for this. Let's just finish."

It's sad that the population for lower content is in such a state that people would rather enable others to be jerks than teach them that they need to work as a group.
    • Like x 1
  5. megamanzero Loyal Player

what is the issue?
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Whilst I could have left the bounty, I don't see why I should be portrayed as the bad guy for actually doing the instance properly. Anyone worth their reputation knows that 1 of the 5 Marks/drops comes from the bounty. Sadly I don't think most players who ever enter that content, post nerf, realise it.

It's just your typical end-game player ignorant ********. It's not unique and you can't do anything about it, at all, because they force the instance to progress. I don't apologise for playing the instance as intended. Every piece of content that features a high CR player, it's the same story all the time. Complete ignorance, no regard for the other players in there, they just want to get in, 1 shot everything, feed their superiority complex and get out. It's sad.
    • Like x 4
  7. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

Some selfish people play this game. They have no consideration for other players. This will continue until the selfish players make lower tiers basically impossible for any new players entering the game.These inconveniences may be the deciding factor in someone continuing to sub.If a customer feels they are not having fun in the game they may be inclined to drop subs. This is not much of a issue now, but if a nice size flow of steady new players decide to try the game, they would literally get ran over and off the server by the selfish few. This gaming community is it's own worst enemy.
    • Like x 2
  8. Roomba Dedicated Player

In my mind this is the separate issue that was not intended by the OP, as mentioned in my first reply. Either way, we agree on the matter, but squabbling semantics seems to be the soup du jour.
    • Like x 2
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

There's a simple, elegant solution to the problem which leaves everyone happy:

Either an option in the on duty menu or a teleporter in the Headquarters, which allows you and whoever you are grouped with to force entry into any instance in the game and run the content with absolutely no restrictions. Want to solo Oan Sciencells T2 alert at CR140? Go ahead. Want to Duo the A&B Operation? feel free.

However, if you don't use the feature in the on duty menu or the teleporter in the HQ, then you're put into a random group with others doing the same thing and your stats are clamped to whatever the maximum eligible CR is of that content.

You don't get any bonus gear or marks or anything. You simply get the same rewards you would now for running content outside of your relevancy window.

That way, new players and old players wanting to re-experience the content as it was intended to be played can do so, but not at the expense of Jimmy Tryhard who wants to go back to T3 alerts and 1 shot entire rooms because they don't feel powerful or super enough in current tier content.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tannen Committed Player

In addition to what Slade is saying about damage checkpoints being added to old content, with fights that work in stages, and require certain stages to activate for the fight to end or end properly, i would hope that the devs have recognized this issue and are taking necessary precautions with current content to prevent more instances having these issues in the future. If they havent, then they need to
    • Like x 1
  11. Black5pider Active Player

Isn't this already in game? (Not the walk-ins, I'm talking about the "form a FULL group then queue for content and BAM! all your group is in the instance")

OP players ALREADY HAVE the option to form their own groups and go to content, don't know why they prefer to ruin other people's experiences is not like they got to cr140 without knowing people or soloing everything... Most of them have leagues, some even OWN leagues.

The tool is there.
    • Like x 2
  12. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

The tool is there, their self-absorbed self important pride and laziness tells them to not do that and to shout at the top of their lungs "Let the newbies do it, I pay my subs so I do what I want, including wrecking face 6 to 7 1/2 tiers below me, so screw off."
    • Like x 1
  13. Agnetta Dedicated Player

I agree that it was rude of them to skip the bounty, but things like that happen when you play with random people. It's not even really about the game, it's about the fact that some people just don't care about others. It's best to avoid those people. It would also be nice if the devs made it so the bounty couldn't be skipped.
  14. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

No, it isn't, Torikumu was explicitly talking about soloing an alert or duoing an OP. I can solo the Knightsdome duo, it has an entry point. I can get there without forming a full group before. Same for Trigon's Prison, or Arkham Asylum, Strykers, Ace Chemicals etc. That's the functionality Torikumu is talking about, and it is there for some duos, some alerts, some raids. But it is missing for e.g. Oan Sciencecells, Area 51, Coast City, Ferris Aircraft duo etc. It is about NOT having to form a full group before entering content while also not taking lower tier players "hostage" from the Q and force them to a full-faceroll-run. This functionality that is partly available shall be extended to all content, and on top, for convenience, Torikumu asks for a central access point in the HQ to all that content, cutting the need to wander around. I suggested a teleporter mod with the same purpose before.

It's eays for most of us to organize a league run or a group on LFG. But it's a liability especially if you want 5-7 players to leave after entering content. And I wouldn't have a problem with wandering around even, I just don't like to ask people to Q with me so they directly leave afterwards. On EUPS, people even try so in LFG (saying that they just want access and it's just for the Q to pop) but with few success. Why should someone spare 5-10 mins (for building the full group) of their time so someone else can try a fun solo run after that ;) ? (And about wandering around: at South Gotham Courthouse having no walk-in is just.... sorta stupid, as the duos in the direct neighborhood have entry points; for stuff like Oolong or Blüdhaven etc., there is just no location that seems "fitting" to place such an entry.)

Main problem is: it is a double edged sword. When relevant content hit, the higher tier players where nearly completely gone from lower tier content.

Enter the casuals: "Theres no one helping in our content anymore!"

Devs create alternativ rewards, high CR players go back to lower tier content....

Enter the "die hards" ;): "That facerollers ruin our content!"

Now what?? ;)

Final note: LFG is full of people asking for HIGH CR in order to get something done - mostly actual content, some times for feat runs. LFG also produces quite a number of "looking for bodies for [INSTANCE XYZ]", indicating a strong but yet not full group for something who don't care about what other people fill up. As I said, some times people even try asking for "just to que, can leave after" people. However, I haven't yet seen anybody to ask for "Area 51 T1, max CR 42 please!" or something similar. So when people claim the high CR players are in their pride ignoring the existing tools to get things done, it's actually really that self-proclaimed low tier diehards who do nothing on their own in order to experience the game the way they want.

(And just to play on that ancient classic, permanent "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" - I am requesting an improved group builder and browser tool to be added for ages now. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have half the numbers of threads on "I want my content my way" if this tool were there already.... so: #GroupBuilderUI !!! )
    • Like x 2
  15. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Ha! Just yesterday I had some interesting ideaas about hindering players from skipping any content in instances, including adds/mobbs :D If the final boss would get a damage boost for every single add skipped.... ;) However, wouldn't work with some maps where adds are designed to respawn endlessly....
    • Like x 1
  16. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

This type of discussion and these requests to "regress the game" will end up killing the DCUO once and for all!
    The worst thing that could happen to the game and he becomes how events ...
    • Like x 1
  17. Senko Committed Player

Or for the latest assassin series where you have to hunt up hidden mobs for a feat.

I have actually seen a few max CR X requests in LFG but they're far outweighed by the "need bodies, can leave, HELP PLEASE" ones. I admit I feel a little guilty ignoring them given I know first hand how hard it is to get into some content but like I said because of all the complaints about high CR's in lower content I'm no longer running it in groups just the solos and walk ins.
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If you want run content a certain way make a group for it. Can't random que knowing it's a chance to get a high cr player and then complain.
    • Like x 1
  19. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

The more specific group building becomes, the more demand will be generated for a better tool than the LFG to build these groups. Sadly, with the new UI project shelved, this better tool is far from happening. I might even say that devs aren't even interested in providing that better tool....
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

First, any High CR player who goes into something that can be walked into and solo'd like the T5 duos, then face-rolls a low CR user, or leaves him/her behind a locked door getting railed by adds needs to be kicked from the community. It's a ***** move and you can't fix ignorant...don't try. I blew through my last 100 or so T2 duos to get the 250 feat by walking in...partially cause I didn't feel like waiting for a queue and partially cause I am not a *****. On the couple of runs I did queue out of lazyness, if the other player was in relevant CR to be running it, I did ask "you mind if I crush this?"...99% of the time the answer was 'nope' or nothing and I'd proceed to do my thing. For the one guy who objected, I said I'd leave so he could get someone else...then I just did the walk in. I do this if I run Shady Nightclub/police station also....as I run that almost daily for salvage drops. I try to let the other player do their thing and I reign it in as to let have some fun...to the point of them almost dying or dying...then I'll step in and do the hero thing. My life is not so hectic that I can't spare an extra minute

The 2 solutions are 1) nurf players/buff enemys a-la update 47 and we see how well that was received or 2) make walk in points or (as someone else suggested) a teleporter mod that allows transport to any on-duty location. I have a 3rd idea...but i'm sure it would be programming they don't want to do....give the person queuing the run up, the ability to set the max users, up to the max potential (duos-2, alerts-4, raids-8) So if I want to run A&B quick to get some vestments of rage, I can team up with my 3 over-geared friends and queue for 4 only. We go in and face-roll the content and get-er done and newbies are not offended.

I get why high CR players have to queue in....if you need styles/collections/ briefings/feats from low CR runs, and there are no walk-in points, you have to queue. They could be less D-baggy about it, but until there is another way to get into low content besides queuing, it's gonna happen. Hey, I needed Kryptonian boots from FOS1 and walked in either solo or with a friend or 2 every week for 6 months till I got them. No one was offended and I enjoyed the challenge from soloing the content (ok 'enjoyed' might be a bit much). Why we can't have walk in's for everything I don't understand.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2