A look at how the new R&D Gear system works

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Torikumu, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Again, the system works with and on top of the existing drops. We're expecting a full set to take about 6-8 weeks, and in that time you can build about one item - assuming average play and no replays. Common, blue, and vendor gear all remain available for secondary roles, or you have various ways to play more content.
  2. Veritasum Loyal Player

One of the arguments for a system not based on luck was that there was really no use for marks once vendor gear is purchased, and no reason to run any other content that drops marks because the best gear is always in one instance.

Mainframes and utlility slots get topped off every 2 months so at least for someone like me that has no use for marks beyond vendor gear, it'll give me something to use them for when the need arises. Keep in mind that the system in no way eliminates the replay badge business model or alters it in any way. Absolutely nothing has changed there. The fastest way to top CR remains replay badges.
  3. Anti Bezz New Player

I understand that but you have to look at it as it's presented. That being you are supposed to craft a piece after on average 6 weeks. It's ok to charge marks for the plans as long as the price is responsible and 45 marks is reasonible. 45 more marks though for materials is ludicrous. You need at the very least over 200 to purchase the vendor gear. 90 more for a piece is just outrageous.
  4. Veritasum Loyal Player

You are correct about the costs on paper, but in practice it may not be that bad perception wise. All of the #s are based on playing 5 days a week and using no RB. The idea here is to encourange game play of all relevant content instead of replaying just the one that drops the best gear. If that's true, marks add up pretty quick and so then what is the purpose of those marks? This system gives them a little more purpose.

Of course, the more casual you are the harder those costs will impact you, but chances are the more casual you are, the less interested you are at "keeping up" with the best gear.

Those who have always been on the "bleeding edge" of content via RB will likely not change much in their habits if at all. Those folks never really needed another system. Although ideally, the hope is more of these players will spread their game time into all of the relevant content.

And just think how much vendor gear would of cost if the best gear would be in the vendor, keeping in mind that the bread winner around here is still RB.
    • Like x 2
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I was away from the forums for a few days. 6-8 weeks for a full set? Were the drop rates increased? If not, then there's just no way.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Keep up. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  7. Leafy Committed Player

thanks for this!
    • Like x 2
  8. Anti Bezz New Player

Since Mepps decided keep up was shorter than the word yes I'll help. Yes drop rates were increased.
    • Like x 1
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'm talking about the pieces that don't drop (rings neck) and that as dual role that's 6 pieces.
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Just finished the Duo. Left with 2 Blues, 1 Green. Yielded the bare minimum so 4 + 4 + 2 making a total of 10.

Went on and completed the raid. Left with just 1 Green for a yield of 2 making my grand total 12.

12 Metalloids.

But wait, the raid drops 2 more items, right? Right :) 130 Chest and 130 Waist. I also saw the 130 Back but it came up at the same time as my Chest so I took the chest instead with it being my weakest piece.

So in 1 run of the new raid and 1 run of the new Duo, I've got 50% of the 130 Gear and 12 Metalloids towards my next piece.

Mepps, tell the team who made it and whoever came up with it, good job :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Ichiro Loyal Player

That is really a nice haul, congrats. I hope we all experience this type of drops. I'm still at work which really sucks right now.
    • Like x 1
  12. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I will have to switch to the Spanish game ... So far I have no idea how to do this! Even the test server I could not ...:(
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Watch the video XD
  14. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

Where do you buy the plans? I look at the R&D vendor in HOD, Burley Nightclub and my own lair and did not find it

[Also I am not seing the new 128 vendor gear either]
    Edit: never mind someone got me there....Tech...near CC portal...new robot :)
    • Like x 1
  15. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I saw! But where I buy things? The test server I got to pick up a box with those green business! But I do not know what to do with them! When I broke some gear it did not turn a box like in the video.
    In that seller I have to go?
    Seller to have the episode 18?
    I did not find the test server!
    I'm at work and I could not play on live!
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They are on the Episode 18 vendor in the tech wing of your HQ.
    • Like x 1
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The green things come from salvaging gear, however, the only gear you can salvage to get them (at the moment) is from the new League of Assassins Duo and the Blackest Day raid. Any other gear can't be salvaged to get them.

When Episode 19 comes out in 1 month, you'll be able to get more from the new Solo and Alert, but until then, only Episode 18 drops count.

The vendor where you buy the plans and components from is in the Tech Wing of your Headquarters. It's in the same room as the teleporter which takes you to Central City.

Hopefully this helps you :)
    • Like x 2
  18. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Only gears of the new duo and raid?:eek:
    I had saved some elite gears I got to use ... They will serve for nothing ...:(
  19. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Keep them for now, as the system is being added to episode 15-17 as well, however you'll only be able to build the Raid/Alert gear from Episode 15-17 using this new system, NOT the new 130 raid gear from episode 18 (or beyond).
  20. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Yes but this was the intention. I would do to my DPS ...
    But oh well ... We'll see how it works and what the ...
    Thank you!:)
    • Like x 1