BEST GEAR IN VENDOR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltraVillain Committed Player

PVP season 2 saw the devs effectively detach pvp mechanics from pve in arenas destroying up any hope for genuine balance in open world (the pvp phase) but ironically never really working to make arena powers any more balanced than their pve counterparts...a lose lose scenario if ever there was one. Stat flattening was the final nail in the lid invalidating pvp gear's effectiveness in open world pve scenarios, this forcibly made pvp and pve two mutually exclusive game pursuits and destroyed the validity of contentious open world objectives and missions (a major selling point of the game on release and one very much in tune with the DC source material). Given the total neglect pvp has been given since the real surprise today is just how many players still engage in pvp or occupy the pvp phase.

I'd personally love some pvp attention again and think open world content is absolutely essential in the future, but as of now the actual mechanisms that provide incentive to even log in for anything of more urgent concern and rewards are at the very heart of that - Best gear in vendor would be a tremendous improvement to that issue.
  2. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Disclaimer: This post will probably get me banned. Hopefully it doesn't close the thread.

I'll be honest, I have never seen a thread with as many pages as this, with no developer response. No matter the topic. It could even be a fun-house topic. Not once, and I have observed this forum for far longer than my join date indicates.

This is gutless. There.... I said it. To avoid this thread like the plague because it is saying things they are not comfortable with is gutless. I'm glad they haven''t locked the thread yet. I appreciate that so much and I thank them for that, But to refuse to open up a dialogue with us about the number one problem with the game today is telling. What conclusions do they expect us to come to when we evaluate their handling of this issue?

Perhaps, they do not respond because they having nothing to say? It does not matter. Many of us, are deciding our future with this game based on the handling of this problem. If they decide to continue with the gambling system, I'd like to know before I ever decide to subscribe again. if they have decided that replay badge money is more important than making a enjoyable game, i'd like to know before I ever buy another DLC. They should respect us enough not to string us along if they already know their course of action.

End Post....
    • Like x 6
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

To be honest, they're probably just waiting out the storm. Hoping it'll die down.

To be fair to them, I'd expect it to die down if the episode has easy content and better than normal drop rates because we're so fickle and spineless.

Last night, they did a livestream showcasing the new Elite Raid, with players on the live EUPS server. They spent about an hour in the last boss fight but were able to beat it on their first run of the content and with 7 of the 8 players in 141-142 gear with 1 at 143 gear. The general feedback was that it was fine except one of the bosses maybe needed a slight buff.

In other words, this Elite raid will be on farm status within days of it launching and owning the best reward will be nothing about "wanting more" or proving you're the best, but rather proving you're willing to blow the most replay badges on it.
    • Like x 6
  5. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Just because they haven't replied doesn't mean that they are not watching it.Mepps said that they would monitor feedback in the other thread
  6. UltraVillain Committed Player

My feeling is that the changes made could not really have come from anyone with any investment in the gaming experience, there is a sterile accountancy about it all. The devs may simply be doing what they are told, if any genuinely feel this is a positive scenario then as far as I am concerned they are in the wrong industry. At this point there is imo enough evidence to realise whatever it was set to achieve has more serious consequences and has impacted very negatively on the game as a whole.....time for words is really done, we need action and increasing a few loot chances or inventing a 'gimme style' raid is certainly not enough to stem the rot.
    • Like x 4
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I would be fine with elite gear providing 1 CR higher than the vendor gear. The normal raid drop could have the same CR advancement with stat boosts. That to me would be a good compromise to what this thread is asking for.
    • Like x 1
  8. Phil Miller Committed Player

I'll agree with your opinion as it appears to be a good middle ground. It would not trivialize raid / elite gear, while allowing players to supplement gear drops with vendor pieces without sacrificing CR for non elite pieces.

+1
    • Like x 1
  9. akaivy Dedicated Player

I will probably continue to subscribe mainly because I don't want to go back and buy all the dlc and I like not having a cash cap. However the current state of this particular issue will continue to decrease my desire to sign on and play and I will spend less and less on a la carte items as a result.

I like games with a reasonably attainable goal. Gear progression is one of those goals. It is unacceptable if I can't reasonably expect to get at least 75% of the gear for one cycle without spending replays before the next cycle comes out. I am 141, but I would not be had I not used the replay badges I had on hand. I will spend my real money on many things, but replay badges are not one of them.

If this is going to be the norm, then eventually I will become bored enough to find something else to play.
    • Like x 2
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

If the elite gear has a higher CR, we'd be right back to where we were in TOTD-E, only worse because the CR difference might actually be noticeable with the differential effect. That would be no bueno.

My preference is that vendor, rare and elite share CR but rare has increased stats with elite having the stat increase and the affinity bonus. A compromise that nobody completely loves and nobody competely hates is a good compromise.
    • Like x 4
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

I wanna jump in here (not even sure what page I'm on atm).

Honestly, none of all this matters. No one gives a rats *** about actually beating any content so long as they get the gear. That is the only goal, as it is the ONLY carrot.

This is a major positive about having Vendor Gear that people actually desire. This means Replay sales on ANY content.

Right now, the only reason anyone would replay anything aside from UM would be on that rare occasion where they just need a few extra Marks for that one piece of Vendor Gear that would push them over the edge to a single CR point. That's not a common occurance.

Making all content worth playing should be the #1 priority over everything else in the game. That also makes all content WORTH REPLAYING!

Ya see that Devs? The only people spending Replays ate those that have the time to, cause there's only that one instance. So the majority of the time must be on the weekends.

Opening up all content (and it's a shame to have to use this logic) opens up the use of replays across the board, and at all times of the day and week.

"Micro Transactions" - I'll bet you'd end up seeing a load of solos n duos being replayed during the week and at off times. That would be ON TOP OF all the Replays used now on the weekends. Raids still give the most Marks, so they will remain the most Replayed. Ya just now have a whole other group of people willing to spend them cause now they can when they have time to.
    • Like x 6
  12. Phil Miller Committed Player

13. ChillCat Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  14. UltraVillain Committed Player

Well delighted to see something has been done, albeit perhaps the most convoluted and resource intensive something I could ever have imagined.
    • Like x 2
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  16. Senko Committed Player

Errr let me get this right. The upcoming elite raid final boss took an hour (+ whatever the first two required) by a group with 7 in 141/142 and 1 in 143 (which you'd only have by farming the current ones for pretty much max gear) and they thought it was fine except one buss needing a slight buff? I'm sorry and I know this is elite but really we've had dev's tell us we're not expected to even complete a set in the current cycle and that's the idea of suitable content at the START of the cycle:(. I mean sure if I were guaranteed a drop but I expect trash, trash and more trash especially since I don't JUST run that with friends.

On a side note 2 different groups on UMe and 3 hours on we never got past the first boss so yeah not really motivated to run content now I just logged out without even trying to gear up my tank alt or complete the other raids currently unlocked and probably wont be logging in again for awhile.

EDIT
    Read that link interesting that with E18 we're increasing our rare drops by 40% that's a pretty major increase (in theory).

I do like we can now PICK a weapon instead of a random one.

Sad to see vendor gear will still be largely useless.

So are these gear scraps replacing our current gains from salvaging or are they an extra?

I don't like this line "It is currently intended to take about six weeks to build each piece of gear." or in other words and using our current situation. UM came out and to make ONE piece of gear from that months selection will take you halfway into the next and better drops. Not so bad at the start maybe but still not promising considering that's the aim and I am also entertained by this bit later on for the drop only person "You take about 10 weeks of play, without replays, to obtain each Episode's gear set.". Not for me at least 10 weeks for a full set is incredibly optimistic.
    • Like x 2
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

You better believe they are watching. Heck you probably even have higher ups at DBG watching this thread. This thead addresses the #1 problem outside of power balance in this game.

This thread points out the reason why people are leaving, getting burned out on content, etc.

This single thread has been going on for over a month and is the #2 talked about subject in the shout/trade chat on USPS hero side.

Devs cannot reply to this thread, simply because any reply would admit that the system is flawed and it would give us false hope that they plan on changing things.

Look they already gave you an outline of 18,19,20. That is all the way up until January of next year. If any changes do come, it wont be until Feb. My concern is how many players can we risk losing in that block period due to them getting tired of getting ripped off on loot drops.

Mepps stated drops are going to change in episode 18 and they should be better. Those better drops, that is what they hope kills this thread.

If however 14 days later after the content drop you see this:

Hotfix:
    Increased the drop rate of rare gear from Episode 18. Rare gear should now drop correctly.

When you see that, then and only then will this thread breathe new life again, except the OP will have over 100 likes.
    • Like x 1
  18. akaivy Dedicated Player

I'm happy with this. Thanks!
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...just-announced-the-new-r-d-gear-system.262585
    • Like x 11
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Welp

/thread
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.