BEST GEAR IN VENDOR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

I do play on USPS but on villain side and tbh you hardly see any complaining about loot drops on that side . The main complaint is about power balance on my side . I've said many of times in this thread that this is not the best system in place
  2. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

I disagree . When the luck limiter first came out, 110 gear was dropping like candy and people complained . Now when BS dropped they lowered the drop rate . People still complained that it too hard to get gear . This community wants to have its cake and it eat it too
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Your right its not. The ultimate goal of this thread whether or be no change at all or vendor gear becoming best gear or whatever, is to solve the burnout problem and give everyone a fair chance at obtaining the best gear outside of Elite gear.

Clearly the best gear in vendor right now financially is not possible for DCUO. But do you think vendor gear matching drop gear CR is a viable compromise since that is a root problem.
    • Like x 2
  4. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

They would still complain and have content nerfed. Look what happened when NgN and HH came out . People have the best gear available easily cause most spammed NgN and the second they ran HH, they complained cause it was "too hard". Even if vendor was the best gear this episode , UM would have still been nerfed
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

Bud I am no way trying to be rude but this is one of the dumbest things ive heard. So untrue. Gear might of dropped fast and furious as it did in WOTL1 but guess what still remained. Some or to many ofmus DID NOT COMPLETE THE ENTIRE SET LET ALONE OUR ALT ROLE AS WE CAN WITH GEAR CONTROL.

I DO NOT WANT GEAR GIVEN TO ME
    I DO WANT TO USE FULL SETS FOR BOTH ROLES WHILE THEY ARE STATISTICALLY RELEVANT
    dc has ALEWAYS since day one experienced issues with drops. Not rare items but if it dropped it could be an issue. 2 years has been invested into tweaks and luck limiters amd redoing the system yet here we stand. Same miserable place we were day one.

What I want is a fair system that allows us to fully gear for both roles AS WE COULD FOR YEARS while our gear is relevant.

What I do not want is not to be able to fully gear while the gear is relevant.

All the drops are high or lowered BS is redderict I could careless about.

On par an issue of wated time and resources has been presented and a blanket bland non applicable response....... I am shocked

The kicker is u said high drop rates and low drop rates = issues. Vendor gear as best gear had one issue. People expect to play an mmo yet invest no grind. The boredom was lack of new content which insert SM and problem solved but the devs went ahead and did lpve and monthly releases.
    • Like x 5
  6. akaivy Dedicated Player

#BestGearVenderGear

I read these posts and these are most frequent arguments I see against the best gear in vendor:

It will take too long to get marks. No longer than it's taking some of us to get gear from drops. Episode 15 has been out for members since July 17th and I have been sporting 118 gear in 3 of my slots until just a week or 2 ago. I've been sitting on 100 marks for several days now, even after spending about 70 to get styles in the vendor for feats. I've never maxed out on marks before, even when I was playing 4 or 5 hours a day.

You will have to run the content more. So? This is a game. You are supposed to want to play it. And what's the difference between playing it 5 times using replays and getting nothing but 112 and playing it 5 times using replays and getting enough marks to buy a piece of gear? If people are playing the content more then there will be more people online again. How many complaints have I read on here about the population decrease? With content release more often, people are moving on to the next gear, skipping gear because they know the next level is being released soon. This is causing people to skip content and players to be mediocre or worse.

Some are not playing as much because they are tired of getting trash gear. Not using replay badges because they are tired of getting trash gear. At least if you are getting marks you are working towards a goal, not taking a random chance at a roll of a dice. Even if the luck counter works, if I sign on and run everything I can today and all I get is 112, I ain't gonna like it. If I sign on again tomorrow and I get hands that I've already gotten the last 4 out of 5 drops, then I ain't gonna be happy. Plus, now I know my luck counter has restarted.

Bottom line, I play a lot less than I used to and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 4 or 5 hours or more a day has dropped to maybe 1-2. Last night I signed on and did the duo, got 112 drops and one extra mark choice, and signed off. 15 minutes? And I wasn't suffering from the log in issues that others were..

You can get the drops from elite I don't know about the rest of the #bestgear pushers, but I still think elite should give better gear, if not in level, then at least in stats. I don't normally run elite content, so that won't help me personally, but I think if you do run elite the gear drops should be better. When I say best gear in vendor, I mean gear at the rare gear level. Elite gear should only be attainable by running elite content.

You can get the drops from the content. Yeah. Not so much. 112 gear is the norm for drops in anything. I've said enough about that in the above statements.

I'll probably get banned for this, but I do find this interesting. This thread has over 1,000 posts, most of which are requesting the best gear in vendor. Only one Team member has responded to a thread regarding this topic (not this one) and his response really had nothing to do with the topic. Yet, someone can post a thread about content being too hard and needing nerfing, powers being bad and needing a buff, or which hairstyles or base items we want, and those get a response.

Looking back at previous threads, it appears that we are getting less input from the developers on all topics. That's not saying they are not reading them, but it is saying they appear to be distancing themselves from participating in community discussions.

I didn't always agree with or even like Spytle's comments, but he would comment. The community support of this topic is huge and at some point I think we at least should get a post from someone on the D-team.
    • Like x 9
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

This is false. Pre loot lottery is hands of fate and previous content. NONE OF IT GOT BEAT TO DEATH WITH A NERF HAMMER. T3s fos 2 was still a challange for some at full t4.

contents cream puff now and players speed level. (No fault of theres) this breeds under developed players and thus HH is hard. It was not as us pugs beat it effortlessly day one try one. Nexus and dox 1st to drop considerably better gear also 1st to be murdered by the nerf hammer. (Truely a sad day losing those beauties) NGN AND HH IS PART OF LOOT LOTERY SYSTEM SO U WANT AN EXAMPLE GO BACK B4 IT BEGAN, k thanks

All most forgot. Khan beat it or work around. Inner same. Fos 2 well people OPENLY ADVOIDED IT. Prime advoided
    NOT NERFED AND NOT EASY MODE
    • Like x 1
  8. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I agree with everything else but pvp. They killed it 2 yrs ago forcing us to start over. Focus on the pve side and gear issues and bugs. That is where 85% of the playerbase is.
    • Like x 2
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

There's a massive oversight in your theory, though.

The game, now, depends on the sale of replay badges, used to unlock loot locks on raids. If raids are too hard or can't be beaten by a large majority, then players won't be spending replay badges trying to get the best gear.

If the system was a vendor based system, then this wouldn't be a concern any more as it doesn't matter if a player can't beat the raid because the developers will still be getting their money from replay badges being used on other content.

In other words, there's no obligation to make it easier just because people can't beat it and arguably, the longer an instance remains challenging, then the more likely that player is to keep trying to beat it/take pleasure in beating it as they get stronger. Which is exactly what happened with Paradox Wave when Episode 9 came out.

This keeps the challenging content challenging but this can't happen unless the best gear/carrot is taken out of the raids.
    • Like x 11
  10. UltraVillain Committed Player

The change to loot and best gear drops is notable for being the issue no player really asked for or at least no one rated as significantly in need of attention, yet it has become one of the most devastating and damaging changes the game has experienced in its lifetime.

What we have now is a system of reward that is inflexible and insensitive to the usual requirements of an online gamer, it is not the product of anything that is sympathetic to the term fun or entertainment and regardless of whether we have 'best gear in vendor' the one overriding feature in all of this to my mind is what a millstone this has lumbered the game with, one that can and does erode and may even destroys the enthusiasm and energy of the most invested DC fan.
    • Like x 10
  11. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

This is simply Not true. I ran and pugged the hell outta fos2 and prime. Not once in over 75 runs did I see or hear of people avoiding them.
    • Like x 2
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'd say it already has. At least with this fan.

DCUO is my favourite game of all time and I refuse to subscribe to it because it doesn't offer me what I expect from a game, exactly as you put it. What does that tell you.

Good post.
    • Like x 5
  13. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

I have no problem with vendor gear matching drop gear like WotL 2. However I know people who hate buying a piece of gear then having a slightly best version drop. I do think that Elite should remain supreme because I like that chase
    • Like x 7
  14. Phil Miller Committed Player

I agree with your statement, but in my own opinion I think best gear in vendor and elite gear should have the same CR since CR matters so much right now. Throw in a bunch of stat boosts on the elite gear (e.g. +150 might per piece) and call it a day.
    • Like x 5
  15. Phil Miller Committed Player

One thing I have noticed, specifically with the last 5 pages or so of this discussion, is that players are actually having a constructive conversation about this issues; sharing ideas, pros & cons of each view point, etc., and there still has been no dev response.

I understand the devs wanting to stay away from non constructive threads, but I am actually shocked this hasn't seen a green name with how well this discussion has gone.
    • Like x 2
  16. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

When they made the Elite gear from HH the same level as the raid it was pointless to get it . Yeah there was a stat bonus but there was no point getting it cause there was no difference
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

12,000 views not 1 response from a developer or daybreak. Sad.
    • Like x 1
  18. Phil Miller Committed Player

Yeah I completely agree with you but that's in part due to the CR relevancy. My question to you would be are the players that run elite looking to showcase their skills in beating the hardest content in the game, or for a piece of gear? Im not dismissing getting a higher level of gear, but judging from the number of youtube videos, twitch streams, etc., players want to showcase skill more than dropped gear. Just my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  19. akaivy Dedicated Player

I find it hard to believe that 85% of the player base was PVE. I say that because when I first started playing everyone was PVP and stood in front of the phase shifter dueling. You could barely see the floor in that area because there were so many people! Players built characters strictly for PVP and we had so many people trying to run content in PVP gear and wondering why they were dying.

I never was a big fan of PVP, and always wondered why there was such a decline in that playerbase.
    • Like x 1
  20. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

The people I run with in Elite content is a little bit of both. We love a test and to showcase our skill level but we like to have the Elite gear as well especially with new affinities.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.