BEST GEAR IN VENDOR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah like all those "Elite" players spamming replays on the first 2 bosses in Elite raids because they can't get the job done on the final boss or taking advantage of exploits and getting the best gear by cheating.
    • Like x 6
  2. Flight Avails Well-Known Player

Hi haters

• Like x 1
  3. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

Don't make it marks, make it materials. You have to R&D existing vendor gear into Elite gear. Each instance drops specific materials you can only use for the gear slots that are available in that instance.

Once you go back to outdated content, they only serve as trash drops.
    • Like x 1
  4. Phil Miller Committed Player

"Hard stuff" is subjective. I would counter your statement by asking since OC what content this game has been "hard"? People want options to obtain best gear. Right now there is only one way. Adding best gear in vendor will allow another way, which increases options, and options are never a bad thing.
    • Like x 7
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That would be fine as long as the R&D materials were not based on RNG like the Norseman set was in tier 4 Hand of Fate. The R&D would have to drop guaranteed and require so many pieces to upgrade.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Anyone that devotes the amount of time and effort required to run everything in the window everyday deserves to have their gear in a week. Those people will get it just as fast if you raise the prices or not.

Meanwhile any one that's not cool with staying logged in for that amount of time, much of that time spent standing around scratching their bums* waiting to do something have to struggle to get more marks than before?

BTW? Are you on PS? Maybe that's why you seem to be "Just do all the stuff everyday you will have like a million marks every week" like it's a cakewalk. Insert Relevance chart here--------> :p

Anyway you cut it the direction of the game is to focus people into replaying 1 or maybe 2(?) things over and over.
    Raising the price of vendor gear would just be another slice of that same optionless nasty pie.

* Buttscrrrratcha?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Problem with your thought is that nothing is really being played, but why is it like that? Players rarely play anything but the latest content due to it having the best gear. Therefore, the issue of running more will improve and players will get use to playing all 12 piece vs. one or two instances. This would make it easier to get marks and get the vendor gear.

As for pricing, it has to increase to reflect the high number of marks we get. My guess is that over one month we should be able to buy all pieces and have 50-100+ marks at the end of the month. This is to include the cost of our generator and utility belts.

As for using replays, DBG needs a revenue stream so unless the community can help them create a new source of revenue replays have to be included in the calculation of marks for both roles and how players can get gear faster.
    • Like x 1
  8. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

That's what I mean. Guaranteed drops like marks are, but materials instead. This way they don't show up in the currency tab, and once you have upgraded all relevant gear slots to Elite, they only clutter up your inventory (like trash drops do).
    • Like x 1
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No matter what your opinions are on it, it's still a better system than the one we have currently. Your ONLY option at the moment is to spam 1 raid and 1 alert for the best gear.

At least under a non-random vendor based system, your character can be the best it can be, even with a slight increase to mark costs.

I'd also add that you're perhaps not considering the fact that all pieces of content in a relevancy window become relevant under a vendor based system. Right now, there's no need to run those instances you're struggling to form groups for as they only drop irrelevant Marks.

If marks are the desirable prize, then people will run content which drop them. Therefore you won't have as much difficulty in forming groups as you once did. You should also factor in Crossfaction PVE, too, as I believe all instances in the current relevancy window will be supported by it
    • Like x 2
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Here is your current hardest raid and hardest raid boss in the entire game, by the way. Destroyed in about 3 minutes with an imbalanced group. Elite version, too. So much for difficult.

Good job and thanks for sharing.
    • Like x 5
  11. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Nothing will be allowed to be hard as OC because most of the population complains about anything close to it. I believe that options are better but gear drops should always be better by only a small amount
    • Like x 1
  12. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

This is clearly after the nerf to UM don't try to twist things plus most of them are probably almost complete elite
  13. Minnion Devoted Player

So they would have what just under two weeks to enjoy running content with a full set of gear while they chased feats/styles they missed?

And yeah realistically you can expect that players won't be playing every day of the week... (Heck some might only have time enough to run half of the relevant content that night if that... )
  14. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

Episodes 15, 16 and 17 are still messed up with the gear that drops, though. 18, 19 and 20 will have gear slots relevant for 3 month, each.

You will be able to run the E18 regular raid 12 times without replays and still have it drop the best (regular) gear when E20 is current.
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Fixed the above for me. - Never mind :p
    • Like x 1
  16. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

The regular raid is unlocking every week, so it should be 3 months times 4 weeks = 12. The elite version will be half that, that is correct.
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Ah, thought you meant the elite raid. Should have read more closely. Lol
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

It has gotten so ridiculous I never buy gear anymore...just styles for 10 marks each...what is the point of saving for gear when after you buy the gear you get a replacement from a drop. I never use replay badges either...why spend money for a chance...if I spend money I want something of equal value to the cost guaranteed. I do not progress any less than other players around my CR...
    • Like x 2
  19. tinoman Dedicated Player

No. People are tired of running the hardest content with nothing in return Besides marks,base items , green gear. They want a change people want to run the hardest content and if nothing don't drops. Get the same cr item out of the vendor with the extra marks you obtained. I hate buying vendor gear only to replace it when i get "oh so lucky" with a purple drop. It doesn't matter vendor should be same cr as drops imo it doesn't matter how you get it. Being it by easy solos,duos. Everyone shouldn't have 2 gamble to receive the same cr item. Drop more booster bundles and more percentage sales every so often to increase revenue instead of making the drop rate so horrid that you have to replay a 6 months worth of resets to obtain a full set. IMO. This game is solely based on cr now and everyone should have a equal chance and that equal chance is Vendor gear cr = Dropped gear cr
    • Like x 4
  20. Minnion Devoted Player

Well yeah... Maybe they want the best gear so they can beat the hardest content... Maybe the gear isn't the end goal for them but a means to an end.(The entire point of getting gear is so that content becomes easier... To me putting the best gear inside the toughest content makes about as much sense as locking the key of the safe inside the safe. You want the key to open the safe, but it was put inside the safe because you wanted it, and then putting a bunch of duplicate keys from other less secure safes in there too, just to make it harder to get the right key.)
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.