BEST GEAR IN VENDOR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akaivy Dedicated Player

This won't be a popular answer, but I am willing to pay 100 marks for the vendor gear, scaled back of course from the one that affects your cr the most to the one that affects it least. Therefore, rings would not be 100 marks, but the chest would be.
    • Like x 3
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

An increase of 10 marks per piece.

I'd reduce the amount of marks we get from content as it becomes less relevant drops wise. So, for example, I would reduce the mark drops in content like HH or NGN or Fatal exams by about 60-70% as we reach the CR required to run new content. Also, I would change how elite pieces work and instead of buying elite pieces with marks, I would have you buy those elite mods with marks you get from running Elite content. So, you don't get to use those raids to buy regular gear. Keeps in line with the, "something for those who want a little extra". Additionally, I would remove the "extra mark" drop and replace it with an exobit cluster/exceptional recovery kits That way our total marks decrease per week and those older instances give both marks AND exobits, still making them relevant to run, but not the only thing we run to gear up.

So, in my hypothetical scenario, at my Current CR the marks breakdown per week would look like this:
    UM - 10
    Bombshells - 10
    HH - 3
    NGN - 3
    DC - 35
    Fatal Exams - 14 ( 2 marks per day)
    Flash - 14
    Zamaron - 14
    Oa Under Seige - 7

UM Elite - 10 elite marks
    DC Elite - 4 elite marks
    HH Elite 3 elite marks

For a total of 110 marks of victory per week without replays and 17 elite marks per week. The entire gear set would cost 715 marks. That means that if you ran every single piece of content every time it was available and could beat it without replays, it would take you about 6 and half weeks to finish the entire set. Note, that this doesn't include buying synthetics or re-upping your generator mods.

I think that is more than fair. Most people won't run every piece of content every day, plus, if you do you can still have enough time to at least begin to purchase gear for your off role.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Vendor Gear should take no more than 3 weeks to get. A DLC is relevant for a month. 3 weeks will ensure you will be busy right up until the month ends. Your 6 weeks and a half proposal defeats many of the benefits of switching to a vendor based system.

In no way is it fair to require replay badges to complete a gear set before that set is redundant imo.

End Post
    • Like x 3
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah you're right. I referred to it because at the time, the general opinion was try and beat a couple of bosses, but ultimately focus on getting a full set of vendor gear first. Then once you've done that, focus on beating the raid.

That month was one of the best times I've had playing DCUO.

The build up, getting the gear, playing tough content that got easier as we got our vendor gear but was still challenging. Then trying to beat the raid in our full set of vendor gear. It was great. Right up until you actually beat it and realised that the rewards simply weren't there and it was a waste of time spending money to unlock it.

That whole experience lasted about a month for me. Which, co-incidentally, is the same time between content releases now.

I'd like to see that return. Except vendor gear is the best gear and the raid/alert doesn't drop any pieces of superior gear (except for perhaps the occasional Legendary rareness item) but rather vanity products such as a vanity pet, style pieces or whatever else.
    • Like x 5
  5. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Screw that, why does it have to be increased?Must there be a replays squeeze forever?
    Oh yeah.....there must..

Personally I feel that setting mark pricing with the amount of marks "possible" is goofy.
    It's just more replay universe. "You have 12 relevant instances"=BS, unless you spend half your day trying to get into crap, you have a few a day.
    The only real reason to even sub anymore is no game cash limit.

When DB Games took over, many people predicted this course of action, they were right and it's just going to continue till one day you log in and see this screen,
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  6. Phil Miller Committed Player

One of the best posts I have ever read. Thanks!
    • Like x 4
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I'm talking about the entire set, not the 4 pieces that drop per month. So the12-13 pieces we get in that 3 month period. 6 and a half weeks is just over a month before you have the full vendor set.
  8. xD25x Dedicated Player

You have what 3 months before content falls out of the relevancy realm? Thats not enough time for you to complete the set?
    • Like x 1
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

There has to be some sort of difference. Right now, there are too many marks and the vendor gear is very cheap. Anyone who plays everything once per day/week without spending replay badges can buy everything in the vendor within a week and that's assuming they don't have 100 Marks saved up from the previous episode.

You'd be making the whole experience less satisfying if you don't increase the cost of vendor based best gear.

I think the amount of marks a player can earn through 3 solid weeks of game play, running everything that unlocks daily, once per day and everything that locks weekly, once per week, is more than fair.

It offers plenty of room for downtime, whilst still encouraging and enticing people into spending replay badges without forcing them to. It also allows for players to have some flexibility in the type of content they want to run, too. I believe you don't like running raids? Not an issue, you can just run more alerts, Duos or Solos.
  10. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Oh. I am sorry. I was thinking of the 4 pieces. That is what happens when one takes an hiatus from a game that has lost it's way. So many things to keep track of.

End Post
    • Like x 4
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

I would pay no more than the current cost if vendor gear were the same CR as rare drops. If vendor gear were made superior to rare drops or the price were doubled/tripled or both, with no way to shorten the grind with drops, I'd take my money elsewhere. If I wanted a ridiculous grind for progression, I'd still be playing Skyforge or just go all-in on Tera.

I play this game because I can just pick up the controller and play for a couple of hours (or more) and still advance my character while having fun. What's not fun is having to grind content I find boring (stuff I outlevel and can faceroll) over and over for marks. If they increase vendor gear to equal rare gear, both the grind and casual, "get lucky" styles of play are viable. A compromise that makes both sides happy is a win.
    • Like x 2
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

How would you handle elite mark build up?
  13. xD25x Dedicated Player

Players now dont want anything to be diffilcult. Hence the nerfs to the past what 3 or 4 dlcs? Um got nerfed. Its not even hard. Surprised no league has 4 manned it yet. Dc got nerfed. Bomb got nerfed. People just want content to be extremely easy. Hence this whole thread. Make the vendor gear, which can be acquired by running stuff like fatal, ngn, a bunch of super easy duos, cathedral, all super easy content, should reward better gear than the player going in to the hardest instance and being successful
    • Like x 1
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

So that they couldn't just carry their marks over to the next series of elite things and purchase on day 1? Cap it at a very low number.
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

On the current system, there's a pressure on the developers to listen to the complaints of hard content from the community, though. This is becaue they directly monetise the replayability of those particular instances.

If nobody is replaying the latest Raid because it's too hard then there will be a huge decline in the number of replay badges being used and therefore purchased. Therefore the developers have no choice but to make it easier to ensure more people can beat it and therefore more people are tempted into replaying it.

This wouldn't be the case if the best gear was available through a vendor. If players can't beat the hardest content, then so what. They can go back later on and beat it. Sales and revenue are unaffected because players who want to get their hands on the best gear can just replay the easier instances for less marks and then try again. There's no pressure on the developers to produce easier, shorter content and they can also do things like enforce certain team compositions or whatever.

As I've said many times, as well "the hardest instance" is subjective and only relevant to the month it's released. Unholy Matrimony,to some people, is already easy. Next month, whilst it's still dropping the best gear, it will be even easier thanks to the CR and stat increases of Episode 18. Therefore it's not "the hardest instance" and anyone who obtains gear from it aren't proving anything. So it's not a viable defence against changing the system.
    • Like x 4
  16. Phil Miller Committed Player

Your statement is completely incorrect. What the people in this thread are asking for are options to obtain the best gear. Players should not be forced to run content they do not want to run to obtain the best gear.

If I like solo's and duo's, why can't I have the option to obtain the best gear as the people who prefer to run raids? If the argument is solo's and duo's are easier, then the devs need to make elite solo's and duo's to allow that option. Best Gear in Vendor is all about having options; it has nothing to do with the difficulty of content.
    • Like x 4
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

No I mean running old elite content for elite marks.
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Maybe you cut it off, or reduce it further. Giving everyone one elite instance at a time. Didn't really give that much thought.
  19. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Love this right here . People dont want to run the hard stuff to get the gear. They want to get to the best gear without beating something hard by spamming easy content.
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Did it occur to you that maybe a lot of the threads asking for things to be easier are due to players feeling they have to run that content to get the best gear? If the best gear were in the vendor, players would have options to run content they meet the skill requirements for, and they'd be less pressed to get in over their heads and later ask for the content to be easier.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.