What other boss/enemy mechanics would you like to see added to the game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JammyJay, Oct 26, 2015.

1. JammyJay New Player

I would personally like to see bosses and enemies be able attack us via AOE circles that appear on the ground. This would make great use of the dodge roll and it definitely beats being constantly stunned and flung around by bosses. It also keeps players constantly aware so they're always moving.

I'd also like to see enemies that having a tendencies to specifically attack at certain role. This would definitely give healers and trolls more to do other than simply heal and give power and also encourages more people to lean towards battle healing and battle trolling.

What do you guys think?
    • Like x 1
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

I think its a moot point. Any content dropping elit is always going tl be simple so anyone can beat it quick and easy. Its the replay nation.

If this was not the way it is my answer is itrust the devs to come up with something crazy new. Example nexus shields and dox setup. Fight all bosses or one at a time
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I was always a fan of the Raven bounty fight (where her AoE was all over, except melee range, so you had to melee her) and the Nexus fight with the shielding.

Things like that make the fights really interesting.
    • Like x 2
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

I like standing in one spot doing my AM 1,2,3,4 rotation while the other roles have to rush around and complete objectives or whatever it is they do.
    • Like x 1
  5. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Last time i tried to post this. Most of the responses were "anything that forces 2222"
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

For real?

I'd kinda like to see us help in a big ol' clash of iconics.

Where we have to Power/Heal (Superman) while the Tank tries to grab aggro from (Lex) and the DPS can split damage between Adds and the Boss. Trolls can help with stunning the Adds so DPS can focus fire on the Boss more.

But the main focus is to help our Icinic fight the Boss. We never see that really.

Thoughts? Expansions?
  7. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Did you seriously quote yourself...? o_O
    • Like x 2
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

Environmental hazards, like lava or chemical pools, platforms that rise and sink into these hazards to force you to move around instead of standing in one place. Walls which the boss can duck behind so that you have to follow him around... A boss that doesn't just sit in one place and is programmed to re-position itself periodically.(How cool would it be a sea serpent or kracken being fought from a boat or series of boats?)
    • Like x 1
  9. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. JammyJay New Player

Yeah I like the idea of shielding.

But I was thinking that maybe the devs could improve on teh shielding mechanic by making the boss would go into a impenetrable shield every time his health falls to a certain amount for a while and then a level mechanic would activate which you and your group would have to complete, which I'm pretty sure they did in like T5. The mechanic could be different from elite and regular versions too I.E. In regular it could be something as simple as adds with different roles spawn and you have to burn through the adds while the roll debuffs the extra powerful healer add, like FOS3, and in the elite, the devs could make the mechanic more complicated by adding more risks, I,E not stopping the healer add in time results in the bosses health increasing more.

Am I asking for too much? :eek:.
  11. TheAnticipated Well-Known Player

I want the fight against Darkseid be one where you just have to survive long enough until the entire Justice League shows up to help. Have there be different things each role has to do to ensure survival. This way we can finally see the Jusice League together and it will show that Darkseid is still a threat in our universe.
  12. TheAkuma Well-Known Player

What about if the boss could change your power type during the boss fight. Keep it of the same role so your gear is not useless. Seeing a Sorcery changed to Electric for a short time could be cool. Not sure how the loadout would work like maybe they program in a decent loadout to use. Would make it to where you would need to know a little about each power
    • Like x 2
  13. MrB Dedicated Player

Stuns, lots of ******* stuns, you won't break out of them. With push backs and knock downs. Also adds, lots of them, the kind that buff and heal the boss. But don't forget reflect on boss and give them aoe 1 shots that wipe everyone who got can't block. Hell give adds reflect and aoe 1 shots.

And add a device carry with loss of powers that spawn more adds. Oh also a pull so when you carry the device you get pulled and then stunned while 1 shot gets you. Maybe a death aura.

Now top that all of with server lag so you get royalty screwed like there's no tomorrow.
    • Like x 3
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

Lol! I sometimes do that when on my phone. I meant to hit edit and add that :p
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

How about an encounter that's not pure combat? Great examples I can think of off the top of my head are the Chess event from Karazhan (WoW) The Spine of Deathwing (WoW) Operator IX in Terror from Beyond (SWToR) the Ancient Pylons in Eternity Vault (SWToR) and Fabricator in Karagga's Palace (SWToR) All of these encounters involved a puzzle that required teamwork and coordination to complete along with the standard boss fight.

There are many others in many other games (honestly, SWToR has a bunch of very clever boss fights) that the devs could draw inspiration from.
  16. JammyJay New Player

As much as I like that Idea i don't think it would fit too well into dcuo seeing as the majority of players are casual and don't seem to understand level mechanisms very well. Maybe it could be in a elite raid for those veteran dcuo players?

But the devs could still definitely draw inspiration from other games.
  17. Jamos Well-Known Player

Honestly I'm kind of tired of the whole reflecting shield thing. How about a healing one. If people attack while it is up the bosses health goes up by a certain amount. I say "a certain amount" because if it was for the total amount of damage that would have been done... we would have a rage, filled killing spree on our hands. And personally I'm against that. :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Captain Domino Committed Player

I would like Boss fights to have more environment interaction and phases to the fight. Bosses you can't just "burn" and be done, you actually have to do certain tasks in the fight in order to complete it. Say you burn a quarter of his/her health down, the boss then disappears (Or has a shield of the sorts that you can't damage) and now you have to find/obtain an item (or even a specific add you have to kill to get said item) in order to get them to reappear or break the shield.

Not saying that exact example would be fun but, I think something in that ball bark would be kinda cool.
    • Like x 1
  19. E Clip Dedicated Player

Mechanics that involve the positioning of the whole group not just a specific role: the circle/donut AOEs as described by the OP is one idea and many games implement this. I think the closest we had to such a mechanic that involved everyone to do the same thing is Carol's spin in LW.

Healing/DPS/Tank checks. Simple example: boss goes in a phase of applying a strong DoT that takes 1/4 of everyone's HP every 2 seconds for 10 seconds, during these 10 seconds the DPS has to shave off enough HP or it will result in a wipe. Or at the very least failing to do so will trigger an event, be it environmental or otherwise that adds much more complexity to the fight.

Other ideas as described by Harlequin are also very interesting, these are basically environmental mechanics that would require a team effort, these shouldnt be mechanics where only 2-3 out of 8 need to be involved, but all 8. This would also stop the trend of DPSes ignoring mechanics and chasing scoreboard: you either do the mechanics or you all die.

A raid doesnt have to have a stationary environment. For instance it can have rotating platforms, each one with different mechanics. Or a room with 3-4 concentric circles that rotate under your feet, the boss tries to align the circles in a way that will kill the group, while the group has to constantly realign them.

We've been spoiled by simplistic mechanics or rather mechanics that dont involve the whole group of 8 for far too long, hence why many are of the opinion that introducing more team based mechanics will not work. While that is true to some extent, the fault is in the raid mechanics themselves: they do not promote team play, so obviously the mentality that the general playerbase has isnt team orientated.
    • Like x 2