No Modding Epidemic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Celestial Thor, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Celestial Thor Well-Known Player

A current issue facing the DC community today is that most players nowadays do not mod their gear appropriately. I as well as other I have talked to find that this dramatically hinders the progress of groups in instances making the ventures that much more difficult. I ask that the devs reinstate the increase of CR via modding. This way we are able to know when people are modded instead of having to waste a kick on someone who is not. Granted we do have ways to know before hand, but this is a feature that should be instantly noticeable in game.
    • Like x 5
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

No.
    • Like x 22
  3. Minnion Devoted Player

Not that I support the OP(I'm indifferent at this point) but perhaps you could back your statement with a reason....? I hate the flat no as an argument.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

No but they should increase mods benfit.
    • Like x 9
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So no reason at all?
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Devs made it clear why they changed how mods were. Also you do not need mods to complete content
    • Like x 19
  7. Anima Committed Player

this, get good

or start buying mods for your group members
    • Like x 4
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

So then how about a recap to refresh our memory then...? For those of us that are new/weren't paying attention/forgot what the devs have said on the matter.
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Regardless mods need to have more importance. People have used them since t6. Monthly content has stopped ppl
    • Like x 2
  10. evil keebler elf Well-Known Player

With this new monthly content, the only gear tht needs to be modded is vendor gear or the highest gear outta alerts/raids. If you expect ppl to mod this 112 gear.......you can suck it
    • Like x 8
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay to back Derio up.. I little while back I decided to create YET ANOTHER alt and at this point that alt is CR 96 and running content in the Wasteland etc. A day or so ago I finally decided I'd add some mods just to Pick up the assigned bonuses fro each armor piece. I logged on my MIAN who is also my crafter and build a bunch of Beta mods and emailed them to the new character.

Now let's be clear here... My new character is CR 96 and has done numerous Daily missions in the Wastelands, joined numerous Duos and completed the Trigon Prison alert several times with absolutely not MODS at all in any of those slots. I have not struggled at all and on a couple occasions doing the duos when the person I wound up teamed with was not CR 100+ and killing everything in sight by looking at it I was the highest DPS. Oh and to further clarify.. While I will eventually spend the Replays at this point I am earning as many SP as I can to cut that cost and that total is around 60 SP (not 200+).

Mods and SP will enhance stats SOME but with the new system it is quite possible to run and complete content without using any of that. The Dev changed things up and now CR is the biggest deciding factor in how well you do on any team. Oh a certain amount of skill also helps a lot.. I did a Stryker's alert a while back with the same character then at CR 61 and there were two CR 69s on the team. When the mission finally ended I had out damaged BOTH of them . Mods and SP can help, a little, but CR and actually knowing how to use your powers are the two big things that really decide how well a player does in game.
    • Like x 10
  12. megamanzero Loyal Player

been doing just fine completing content without mods. maybe you're just bad at the game, and no mod will fix that.
    • Like x 6
  13. Vesper Dedicated Player

Real mods are expensive: expensive in time to hunt exos, expensive in components to make exos, expensive in in-game money to buy exos or components you don't have, expensive in REAL money on Total Recovery kits if you seriously don't want to lose your hard-earned exos.

Synth mods are expensive: 5 marks is one alert. Or 2 mods from the 10 marks from a raid. Times 10 mod-able slots. Per gear set. 10 alerts or 5 raids per toon for every gear set. When you run an army of alts like I do (15 t6+ toons) not all of them get into alerts every stinking time they get a new piece of gear.

So......

While I love modding, and I love having top-notch mods in all my slots on all my toons, it's just too expensive in time, in-game money, and real-world money. I have given up.

As of a couple weeks ago, only my main and my fave alt are modded any more with real mods. Everyone else gets synths or goes nakies.

Most of them go nakies.
    • Like x 17
  14. Celestial Thor Well-Known Player

To be more clear the modding being discussed is not only limited to exo mods, but the omitting of base mods. There are options for people, such as synthetics than can easily be attained in order to get the % affinities. The request for the CR bump for people modded was to let the community know instantly who is and who is not modded. Granted you do not NEED exo mods in everything but get the IMPORTANT ones in order to alleviate the pressure put on the whole group. The pressure I speak of is the pressure in END GAME content.

Modding shows effort to be the best you can be and shows others than you are a casual yet serious player and want to get things done.

The difference it makes is not just from struggle, but time. To me my time is precious and mods do make a difference in time spent on a raid. Granted most issues are situational issues, but you cannot deny the importance of this luxury.
    • Like x 4
  15. Quantum Rising Committed Player

I mod about half my gear. The ones that contribute to the role that I'm in the most. i.e. if I'm healing and the bonus is to restoration. The mod bonuses to power or other non-essential stat... Meh, not gonna waste the time to mod something when it's a meager bonus.
    • Like x 1
  16. Veritasum Loyal Player

I keep my main max modded. I do not mod my alts. Maybe a synthetic here and there. And I really don't see that much difference. Content gets done either way.
    One of my alts is Earth so that helps a ton. At 99 CR and 77 SP I out dmgd a 137 electric in a duo. Not saying I could do that in an alert or raid, but still kind of crazy.
    Anyway, I'm all for mods and all, but kicking people for not having them is assuming too much.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So you out damaged the weakest dps as the strongest dps?
    • Like x 2
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

with gear change every month, you expect people to keep up with modding. I just use beta mods, it's easier and can recover and add to new gear. It's cheap and fast.
    • Like x 11
  19. Dogico Loyal Player

From what I recall the devs removed mods increasing cr to better balance and scale content. Like, if you are X cr then your stats will fall into a range of Y and Z, so the devs know to scale difficulty/enemies into that range. Having mods affect cr increases the range of Y and Z and makes content more difficult to balance.
    • Like x 7
  20. Veritasum Loyal Player

Yes, but I believe CR counts for something, unless there's been a recent hotfix. I won't make a list, but this was the most extreme example of a common theme.
    Point is crystal is crazy strong and so not having mods with this particular power set is a wash. So to kick people with no mods is assuming too much. Especially when ice, earth, sorcery and quantum are involved.
    • Like x 2