Should i choose mental power?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by RoxasGR4, Oct 14, 2015.

1. RoxasGR4 New Player

So my game just finished downloading, and i saw briefly the powers you can choose, i really liked the idea of mental that you can control your enemies, but whats this power mainly focused on, and especially for pvp or pve? How is the fighting playstyle of this power?
  2. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Right now I wouldn't worry about PvP, but the power overall is good. Its to me a top 5 DPS and top 3 in controlling.
  3. Owl Devoted Player

You may want to take a look at Greenman's Mental Guide:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/a-mental-breakdown-v3.158662/

If you decide to start a Mental character, I recommend selecting Telekinesis as your first power on the Brainiac ship.
    Telekinesis will lift an opponent in the air and toss nearby objects at them.
    Telekinesis is very useful during the initial starting mission as well as early open world leveling missions where there are movable objects.

Once you reach Level 16, you should try Mental's Advanced Mechanic.

Recommended Leveling powers:
    • Level 2: Telekinesis (to unlock Telekinesis tree)
    • Level 4: Telekinetic Push - part of AM; regenerates power after Psychic Resonance
    • Level 6: Psychic Resonance - starts AM rotation; activates power regeneration
    • Level 8: Telekinetic Bolt - part of AM; regenerates power after Psychic Resonance
    • Level 10: Terror Tendrils (to unlock Illusion tree)
    • Level 12: Psychic Shock - part of AM; regenerates power after Psychic Resonance
    • Level 14: Grandeur - Self Shield; useful during leveling for survival
    • Level 16: Mass Levitation - Ranged AM finisher
    Ranged Advanced Mechanic Rotation at Level 16:
    • Psychic Resonance > Telekinetic Push > Telekinetic Bolt > Psychic Shock > Mass Levitation
    Your loadout from Level 16 - 29 should contain the 5 powers in the ranged Advanced Mechanic Rotation.
  4. Ghostof91 New Player

I personally wouldn't, it is one of the most boring powers second from electricity.
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

mass terror hit quite a bit harder than mass levitation
  6. Owl Devoted Player

It is much safer to level with Mass Levitation as it causes AM damage at full range.