DCU Role Playing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Malachyte, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

Mmmmhmmmm
  2. Anima Committed Player

I just need a constant reminder of my burning hatred for all things and people good, and "just".
  3. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

OMG LOL That is a GREAT lie...yes lie not line , not a typo
    • Like x 1
  4. Anima Committed Player

I'm glad you think so.
    • Like x 1
  5. Alina Well-Known Player

If the game itself wasn't so anti-RP, EU might have stood a chance. I've talked to a few people from other roleplaying games in my time zone, and most have agreed that it's not really promoting or attractive for RP'ers.
    [IMG]- DCUO Wandering Roleplayer

I was one of the fools that tried to get more support for it on EU side. Not one replied of any interest. One said "What is RP?" The other said "I don't think people even know about channels"

Seriously I spent one week talking to myself in the created custom RP channel guides.
  6. Alina Well-Known Player

And I know I shouldn't be dragging my sorrows in this thread. But you all managed to inflame No Roleplaying Community in DCUO? to the point of it getting closed. I'm just thankful I managed to post it here in time, before RP War III started.

[IMG]
    Seriously you should be ashamed of yourselves.
  7. Alina Well-Known Player

I took the time to read this thread, and I'm seeing all this drama again >_<

[IMG]?!?

This is news to me? Pretty sure you can't steal and sell the works of authors/artists. Just because your site is a Public Domain doesn't automatically give you free reign to flaunt someone's fiction as your own. The fact you teased (threatened) someone about doing so, just makes it even more sick. Sounds like there was obviously bad apples (users) and misunderstanding in communication, and you all devolved in fighting one another.

"Unless the owner explicitly puts it in the public domain(*). Explicitly, as in you have a note from the author/owner saying, "I grant this to the public domain." Those exact words or words very much like them." then you don't have any ownership rights. Especially since this person is not dead. And even then you have to wait 70 years.

Then again the amount of stuff people get away with is astounding. I would get shunned out of Illustration class for using anything remotely similar to another persons work, now people are all smug about actually doing it.

Not taking sides here, but come on. Holding someone's character bio hostage, and then telling them you're going to re-post it because they annoyed you, and then start calling it "crap" that is pure bullying.

I think I have a membership to the site. And I ran into one smug user asserting their authority in a disguised reply. If this is how the community resolves things on the site, no wonder you have a crazy/angry person discrediting your reputation. I forgot my username so it's lost to the wind... but jeez if what you say is true; you're going to steal people's literature and art, I wouldn't want to post anything on your site either if all members are promoting it like it's their right by law.

Hope my expressions don't get me a black mark against my name, lol.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2