Atomic is cool...but...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Chiemara, Oct 14, 2015.

1. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

So much power they can make...
    And they chose fire 2.0... Oops I mean atomic..
  2. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Ever heard about Lois Lane's sister, Lucy Lane?

[IMG]

The origin(s) of her powers is something the developers could work off of.

Note: Assuming Daybreak is given permission.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Perhaps. As long it makes sense that s human could obtain it. My only concern is it has to make sense. I'm not oppose to a siper strong power just don't call it after a race
    • Like x 1
  4. BlazeChamp Committed Player

5. SSeid Committed Player

I hope you are trying to be funny... Saying these loadouts are sh*t, would actually devalue all other sh*tty loadouts.

Of course they do give the Kryptonian feeling but these 2 loadouts are purely for esthetic purposes. They have nothing to do with effectiveness or efficiency when playing as earth.
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Just like Munitions is the same as Gadgets, right? or Celestial the same as Sorcery?
    • Like x 1
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Its not Fire 2.0.
    Fire 2.0 is Rage.
    This is more like an Ice-Rage 2.0.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ghostof91 New Player

Dude, do you know what your even talking about?, I was giving her options that were available to make a Zod or Noh type of character since they fight using technology.
  9. Anima Committed Player

In a game where wearing a shoulder armor raises the strength of an attack made from a ring powered by will and your imagination.

Next please.
    • Like x 1
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

She was saying how Kryptonian would be such a nice powerset, and you told her "we already have gadgets, mix it with some iconics"
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

That makes sense because for years we been knowing Green Lanterns being capable of such while on the other hand we grew up knowing that Kryptonians were a race of aliens with unusual powers to earthlings until others who were capable of most and more of what powers Kryptonians possessed, Black Adam, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman all posses super strength and endurance while Martian Manhunter has the eye beam, so what is really unique about Kryptonians that they should have a power based on them.
  12. Ghostof91 New Player

She mentioned the use of technology being better than what Earthlings possesed and I came up with Gadgets to cover that, if anything I'm just helping with what we have available, there will not be any Kryptonian powers so make use of the iconics and get over it.
  13. Rokyn Dedicated Player

You are correct that a loadout has nothing to do with the effectiveness/efficiency of playing as Earth, there's a separation there where Player skill should be accounted but what I was trying to say is.....that those loadouts are viable for hard content due to how the Earth powerset works.

And that's me not joking. Earth tanking revolves around having a 50% mitigation up and relying on countering and blocking. All you really need as Earth is probably Jackhammer and Gemstone Shield and you can tank almost anything in the game. The pulls, breakouts, and CCs are just icing on the cake. So with tanking as a Superman character, you can use Freezing Breath as a CC move and aggro move (plus with the channeling extra defense and extra defense from casting a power). Heat Vision you can use as the occasional clip for weapon attacks and you can use it to get the attention from an add from the back. Low Pressure is your pull and you can combo it to go into swoop. Unstoppable can be used CC, breakout, and get the PI to CC with Tremor.

With DPS, you can still spec for full precision and go melee in content while clipping your brawling attacks with the powers you have and keeping Crystal powered. With DPS, you have to be doing strong weapon holds (without WM specced) and keep Fortify off cooldown and you should be doing good DPS. I can make a video of me doing this in UM or survival if you would like, because it's totally feasible.
  14. SSeid Committed Player

It's horrifing that you try to justify using this. But try doing Elite UM or normal UM... or SM round 13ish or more. Then come back and tell me that these horrible suggestions of yours are viable. Oh and of course I don't want a video of you getting carried by 7 other people. Viable means you can carry your own weight.

Your suggestions are fine if you want to have fun in lower content by pretending you are from Krypton. Purely esthetic loadouts.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I was playing LPvE and there are some powers in the game that are not attached to powers. Ones that are from specific weapon combos, but placed on the tray and give might damage...

A physical powerset is something they can give easy, but the queastion is, why don't they? Do they think it wont sell? Does the role based off it not work to make interesting powerset that feels unique enough? How would they impliment the AM on it? (This would have been easier preAM time.) Would PI's be used?

Keep in mind, Serums was supposed to be a physical powerset. And I remember the keynote saying "it's the closest thing we could get to a physical powerset". So why?
    • Like x 2
  16. Ghostof91 New Player

At the end of the day this will be past down as asking for another Iconic revamp thread because there won't be no Kryptonian powerset.:cool:
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i so want Shadow powers!!!!!! [IMG]
  18. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]

Disclaimer, not my beliefs, but I thought it would be a fitting response. More powersets! Always up for more.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ghostof91 New Player

My guess is they want to implement some grappling mechanics into that physical powerset which is why they are still testing the waters, who knows they may change the name of Serums powerset when it debuts.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Hmm... Was thinking about a physical AM... Mobile Attack would probably the most beneficial. Not channeled, but casts.
    Range: Sonic Boom which uses Hand Clap animation with a cast bar. (Brawling tap.)
    Mid: That charge move that Amon Sur has. Already in the game, hits the floor.
    Melee: Uppercut.

All can just have a cast bar.