This game needs One-Of-A-Kind Artifact drops...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TrueArchon, Oct 14, 2015.

1. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Items that there is only ONE of, in the game. That super-duper-ultra-mega-rare drop that drops once ever to one lucky SOB. Could be anything...A disgustingly overpowered weapon that never falls below current tier stats and has a small chance at one-shotting ANYTHING (including bosses) once every couple of days...a piece of armor that does the same thing (with self updated stats) and grants complete (PVE only) stun immunity for 24 hours once the chance activates... Or a special trinket that does the exact same thing that a cola extreme or stat Cola does (self updating with current tier), with the same cooldown but never gets consumed...
    Something along those lines...
    Any thoughts?
    • Like x 3
  2. Ghostof91 New Player

I always wanted something like the artifact weapons to be buried somewere in the open worlds, that would have been super epic.
  3. Minnion Devoted Player

Right... So would it be trade-able? (And what's to stop it from landing in the inventory of someone who plays the game for a short time, burns out and quits taking it out of circulation forever?)

Also wouldn't it just be a better idea to have the weapons/gear that can grow with you indefinably as a subscription perk? (Legendary gear that you can level up, but only while subscribed...)
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I would settle for rare and unique trinkets like the kryptonian chunk trinket...it is so rare it is gold (I have 2 from the vault now...on 2 different toons)...I want that to scale with my cr and always be viable to use...and the lion trinket and the demon trinket...heck even the toyman windup doll trinket...should give you wild and unusual powers/ loadout and scale with cr
    • Like x 1
  5. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Brittney would get them :p
    • Like x 4
  6. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Legendary only. Premiums and free would not be able to get them. Also, if a members account goes inactive for a certain amount of time...the artifact (having a will of it's own) will disappear to seek another worthy wielder. Hell...it may do that anyway...an artifact item that goes from person to person at its own mysterious whims...
    Why not take it even further and center an artifact around a storyline dlc...one that has what no other dlc currently has: alternate endings to the instance/mission...
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

Or or or we go on quest and forge our own sacred artifacts. Use the cities to hide these relics and then take them into various old content to bring them to their former glory.
    • Like x 2
  8. Magician Dedicated Player

Elitist is as Elitist does....
    • Like x 3
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

Problem is, they would never drop. Hell, 5 years and most people still need drops from the Vault :eek:
    • Like x 3
  10. Lionxoft Committed Player

You could make the artifact have a cooldown or total duration where it resets to a random spawn after a period of time as inactive. After reading the OP it's a pretty simple concept and that could be assumed.
  11. Vesper Dedicated Player

Um.......terrible idea?

So between 4 different play areas (US PS, US PC, EU PS, EU PC) with 2 different factions on each, there is ONE item that can show up once ever? Seriously bad idea. Way too high a chance the item is never seen or noticed by anyone, so there goes the EPICness of it.

I have multiple people I know who ignored Rings of OP in their inventory because they weren't really paying attention when the rings dropped. Imagine the Epic Drop of Awesome sitting unused in the bowels of someone's inventory, never noticed.

MAYBE, MAYBE if it was limited to End-game players, dropping from final boss on an Elite completion, and one available on all 4 play areas and on each side, MAYBE that would be interesting. MAYBE. Sure, it would mean there were 8 of these uber-rare items, but there would only be ONE for each group (server & faction).

Still, overall, my reaction is: horrifically bad idea.
  12. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Not never...but near it. Yes, there are items that "supposedly" drop in the vault, but what are we talking here; level 1 trinkets? Style items? Useless crap. That same near impossible rarity would be applied to these items and give players a reason to go into lower tier content again. The only way to obtain one is to run content. You may get one you may not. You may play every day without ever seeing any and get one the day dc goes offline... You may get one and it disappears after a day to go into hiding, only to resurface to someone on the opposite faction side... That's the mystique of Artifacts... You never know...
    And no, absolutely NOT tradeable.
    And there is nothing elitist about this at all. Early access for legendary is cool and all... but that little something extra other than we can dump a mil at the broker at a whim... Sure, chances would be right around that of winning a 100 million dollar powerball lottery... But having all of our in game cash at disposal is hardly alluring as a hi-light centerpiece to becoming Legendary. Remember this is not something earned the same way tier gear is. It is a completely and totally random loot drop that could literally come from anywhere...and I mean anywhere. Bust the right streetlamp at the right time with the right weapon while fighting the right enemy and oh look what came out... Took down Hades as the weakest DPS... look what i got, guys! Mail icon shows up on login...hmmm must have sold that collec--- wait what's THIS!?
    You NEVER know.
  13. Princess Zero Well-Known Player

Everyone wants to be God for a day.
  14. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

First, there would be one and only ever one...of each one. Unique items, but there would be more than one kind of item... And second: no...it would not sit in anyone's inventory. It would travel after enough time and drop again for someone else...i stated as much earlier. And these items would go WAAAY beyond Omnipotent Gear like your friends rings. And yes, a level 3 just off the braniac ship would have the same chance at getting one as a full t7 end toon. Remember that the child Arthur was effectively as Noob as they come when he pulled the greatest sword ever in the history of Western lore from a stone effortlessly, when the greatest among the seasoned veteran knights couldn't even get it to budge no matter how close to an aneurysm their efforts brought them trying to pull the sword. And THAT was an epic story. There was only one Excalibur.
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

The only way I would support this idea would be if we could post item links in chat.

"Whoa, man! Is that [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?"
    "Hey! You got [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] in my [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]!"

And so on and so forth...
  16. Miserable Dedicated Player

You're joking, right?
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I still like those super-rare drops from prime Battleground and Gates of Tartarus.

One of my villains has been wearing that Braniac head ever since. It doesn't have to be better in item level or stats - just it being with stats good for all roles makes it more powerful.

And who doesn't like to chase gold just to wear it once? :D
  18. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I recall i once played this one game (can't recall the name, i played it only for about a month) but the had this legendary weapons and armors that were darn OP and unique, from what they told me, only a certain amount of those items existed, and if the item got deleted or the player went inactive, the item "respawned" in some random loot.

Considering DC Uiverse has some OP weapons lying around in the multiverse, i think it wouldnt hurt to have some of those. Then again, knowing the players, 80% of them would refuse to run stuff without that one player in group.
  19. Vesper Dedicated Player

Thank you sincerely for your further clarification.

Please disregard my previous attempts at making your idea palatable and replace with this:

Your plan is a HORRIBLE, AWFUL, TERRIBLE, NO-GOOD, VERY BAD IDEA. It is simply, completely, utterly the most unwelcome idea to sprout on this forum in the 4 years I've been reading it-----and I've seen some truly odious ideas in here.
  20. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Omnipotence drops are super mega extremely rare so, yeah :)