Great Job on Atomic....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Ghostof91 New Player

True, but you just never know, one day the Devs has decided to give us new hairstyles and next thing you know were are able to purchase the Batman Cowl.;)
  2. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

If Daybreak is going to continue the course of making powers as "involved" as Atomic, I recommend identifying the difficulty level for each power in the character creation screen.

I can see someone being excited to play Atomic but realizes somewhere that its too overwhelming for them. Either they would need to take a long road and figuring it out or choose to be put off by the challenge. Perhaps even blame their difficulties on the game and quit.

Bottom Line: Players should know from the start how difficult each power will be for the average player.
    Example: Mental = Beginners, Gadgets = Intermediates Celestial = Experts, Atomic = Experts
    • Like x 3
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

To be honest idk if atomic is expert. It might be intermediate
    • Like x 1
  4. Konialis Well-Known Player

Ilike this +1

Oh and while we're there they might as well include the type of am used in each power and/or at least update the power section of the website
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Daybreak may want to consider the "planning" that goes into creating a load-out before assigning difficulty levels.

Example: being able to identify what power belongs with what AM and role.

However, I can see Atomic being intermediary when it comes to using it in combat. Though maybe for some of its combat styles?

Bottom Line: One part of a power should not be the only focus into deciding what difficulty level is assigned.

Example: Atomic's combat could be labeled Intermediary. However, including understanding of its power tree could boost it to being for Experts.

Note: Though, I could be unnecessarily complicating matters.
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Especially cause it's not really used anymore it doesn't keep up and I assume balancing it with AMs is a chore it was a good idea tho and in my opinion was the only time mist powers were really really well balanced there were only a few that didn't translate well with wm HL and celestial being probably the worst ...

I liked earth weapon mastery to a degree mostly cause I didn't need a pet
    • Like x 2
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

I feel the same way about my Sorc/Earth toons. I hate playing the DPS role on both of them. WM was at least tolerable but I would prefer a secondary AM for Sorcery that allowed us to "play from the tray" as a pure caster.
    • Like x 1
  8. Cuco Active Player

Just a difference of opinion. I play every power and enjoy them as they are (both support and dps), but I understand others might want more.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dogico Loyal Player

Most powers are pretty well balanced now, it's just the way content is designed (meaningless fights with trash adds, making range a damage variable, and low health of everything) means it's harder to see that balance.
    • Like x 1