Great Job on Atomic....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Daybreak tends to incorporate what they have learned with the older powers and apply it to a new one.

Example: The AM work that was done to the older powers seems to have been perfected with Atomic.

Reading into to what you are saying, it seems they would need a major revamp for "older" powers for every new power that would come out. So a major revamp would have to be in the works now. Another revamp would then begin after Water. If Experimental Serums were to go live then one more revamp would start.

It is doubtful the community would willing want to go through a revamp per new power. This may be especially be true when considering the pitfalls that Daybreak would likely experience.

Bottom Line: The powers should be treated independently from one another. They shouldn't be influenced by new features each power gains over "time".

Note: New features from powers should also be viewed independently.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ghostof91 New Player

I wouldn't go as far as that long of a revamp, but as you can see the potential is already there within the old power sets ( Karma pi, Aftershock, Panic, Dazed and pets etc.) so it won't really require a big revamp that should take that long.
  3. inferno Loyal Player

Even though we haven't had the chance to try it ourselves, I think this particular power is a nice evidence that our concerns are BEING listened to by the DEVS. Having the option of two different methods of DPSing is amazing. I love that it utilizes both trees in that choice. VERY nice am animation. I love that it is very visual and not easily missed, different paths to get it.
    At this point I don't care about the damage because that's superficial and easily adjusted.

However, it doesn't stop at the DPS side - shield with a detaunt? WoW! I'm sure many healers are happy with that. That group pull is AMAZING!! So they were able to squeeze in some shrinking tech in there. I would so love to see it in slow motion and see those stupid group of ads squeezed small and pop back in front of you (Screaming included).

I really hope this is the precedent from which all powers will be made. OPTIONS, OPTIONS, OPTIONS these are the keys to making things last and enjoyable.
    • Like x 4
  4. Ghostof91 New Player

You are so right, the Dev's are answering us through these new powers mechanic, and I' am even grateful of that, just want a little more tatse of their greatness inflicted on to the other powers.
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

I love it can't wait for it to come out on test then to live severs figure that take about 2-3 weeks i look forward to it.
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Options! :D people said the devs are listening well take that we got Options! :D i know what power i'm playing when it comes out ;)
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

That's awesome for Atomic and I cant wait to roll an alt but...
    I dont know if you guys aware but the AMs make the loadouts very closed and specifics to certain powers and that makes it boring.
    Before WM and AMs (when the combat was actually fun) we could always use different trees powers and stuff.
    Now its too "obvious". I cant stand how boring Quantum or Mental are. Same with pet powers, we should be able to have a different path if an Earth character doesnt want to use or rely on the pet.
    I beg you to give some thoughts into this because some powers are not fun AT ALL.
    • Like x 1
  8. Steel Glove Well-Known Player

Accurate.
    • Like x 2
  9. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Mental 100% SC plus 3 boos plus back up equal 1 man raid team. SC may not be the best and does cost to much but hey at least it is fun. And is that not why we pay this game
  10. Pults Loyal Player

I would actually be earth if the pet wasn't the key element in dps stance. I love aftershock tanking and I would love aftershock dps as well. Even if it was just jackhammer for melee and upheaval for range. Or even something as dull as 1 2 3 4 rotation.
    • Like x 2
  11. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Hmmm people are forgetting about Lights second AM ...

Lol
    • Like x 3
  12. Ghostof91 New Player

Had no idea please do tell.:p
  13. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

It isn't great that's why I typed 'lol'.

I forget how to do it. I think you use chompers and then any power that causes Dazing for power back ? Something like that.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ghostof91 New Player

Thanks anyway!
    • Like x 1
  15. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

This answer, frankly, I don't find acceptable.

I don't want each power to be identical, but each power should have multiple options. Real options. Particularly if the alternatives are 1-2-3-4-5-1-2-3-4-5 and put you to sleep.
    • Like x 7
  16. Ghostof91 New Player

Hopefully the Devs change their mind of the planned decisions.
  17. Cuco Active Player

I'm going to have to disagree. I would rather they put all that time and effort into making new powers.

I would think, as others have said, that it would take a good amount of time and resources thinking of, implementing, testing, etc. new AMs for older powers. I would rather they keep expanding on the number of powers that we have.
    • Like x 1
  18. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Ahhh good old versatility, one of the things that USED to make Mental special...
    • Like x 1
  19. Dogico Loyal Player

I feel that the time wasted implementing Weapon Mastery could have been better spent implementing more versatility (both dps and support) within powersets. At this stage in the game I doubt we'll see older powersets have more options than currently available to them.
    • Like x 2
  20. Ghostof91 New Player

Understand, but don't you think it gets stale with the minimum options we have for the existing powers, how can one want new powers when the exixting ones are left to rot.
    • Like x 1