Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Only advice is to have Flame Cascade, breakout hit FC and go back into your AM. FC instantly hits, extends the AM and causes knockback sometimes.
  2. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Yep, true that. I always have flame cascade in my load out to refresh. I was more or less wondering if there was a way to keep from getting interrupted so much during my cast time for Fire Burst. I guess that would make PVP a little crazy though if it couldn't be interrupted.
  3. Korlick Loyal Player

Dont want to get interrupted every 5 seconds? Run with a Tank.
    • Like x 3
  4. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I agree with you whole-heartedly. I typically go in as a tank, until I'm told to change to DPS, because the group wants faster burn. I generally go with what the group wants.
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

Tell the healer to switch to DPS, the burn is faster with a Tank. Because the DPS are not being interrupted all the time.
  6. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Don't use inferno in solo and duos. Just BD and FW and use fireburst nonestop until you get interrupted and use flame cascade to continue the power regeneration and continue with FB. If you lose the power regen, use BD and FW again and repeat with FB.
    You can also use Burning Determination if you want to have some distance, it do good damage too and restart the blue flames everytime just like FB.
  7. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Deleted a bunch of what I feel is outdated information at this point from the front page. L.T. seems to be keeping the thread going well enough keep up the good work.
  8. Jayross Well-Known Player

question, i heard that crit is actually more important than might for dps. can someone confirm this?
  9. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Might is just as important, but you want to spec into all the crits first then go for as much might as you can. When you get a good amount of SP it isn't that big of a deal. I have 224 SP, so i get all the crits, all the T2 might, and the majority of the T3 might/precision. So right now I have all possible crits I can get, and over 11,500 might. Don't listen to those that say that SP don't matter, it helps a lot.
  10. L T Devoted Player

As your total Might increases, each skill point worth of might becomes less valuable, but increases in your critical chances scale. Think of it this way: if you have 100 Might, then +25 Might is a big increase-- but if you have 10,000 Might you won't notice much of a difference by increasing it to 10,025. Increasing your critical chances provides the same % benefit whether you have 100 Might, 10,000 Might or 1,000,000 Might.
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Would anyone know why my actual buffed health as a tank is lower than what I calculate using 1.6*health + 2.2*dom?

Here are my numbers:

Health: 27212
    Dominance: 4427
    Health when I hit a power: 52806

However, if your base health is supposed to increase by 60% and you're supposed to get 2.2 health per point of dom, that gives me

1.6(27212) + 2.2(4427) = 53278.6

What could explain the difference?
  12. L T Devoted Player

I've seen this. I can't explain it. The difference is small enough that it doesn't make a huge impact, but it's very annoying.
  13. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Are we using our weapon then, or is Fiery Weapon just for a buff?
  14. L T Devoted Player

Fiery weapon is just for the buff. 15% might and 7% crit

As an aside, Overhead has never increased my DPS when I tested. I'd personally recommend Mass Detonation for those times when you need to range, or a supercharge, or robot sidekick. But that's just me.
  15. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Once you start the AM, how long does it last, or can you keep it going? My power back seems to stop after 2 power casts. Is that right or am I doing something wrong? Its almost like Burning Deter. Mass Det Mass Det repeat. Its very small and limited.
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

The Volatility and Absorb Heat effects will last for 6 seconds. Casting Flame Cascade, Mass Detonation, and Fireburst will refresh their duration when they damage an enemy.

If you mash the button for Mass Det or hit it just before the cast is finished you can accidentally cancel the first cast which will cause Volatility and Absorb Heat not to refresh. It only seems to happen when the cast bar is close to finished as at any other point hitting Mass Det won't cause the same canceling effect. It appears to be a bug and it is best just to separate your casts a little.
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

To this I will only add that Mass Detonation, Fire Burst, and Flame Cascade are the ONLY powers that refresh the AM. Inferno and Fiery Weapon should regenerate power but will not refresh the AM power interactions. You must cast one of the three refreshing powers within 6 seconds or you will lose Thermal Absorption and Volatility.
  18. L T Devoted Player

TEST SERVER PREVIEW

With Game Update 54, Flame Cascade will produce roughly the same DPS as Mass Detonation from Max Range. Because of the way the AOE works, Flame Cascade actually does more damage than MD at extreme ranges on test right now.

Tanks can take advantage of the increased damage from FC somewhat. The other AM powers are mostly unusable as a tank.

Flame Cascade is now the Long Range AM damager. Mass Detonation gets an increase inside of 13m. Fireburst is still limited to 13m but sees an increase inside of 7. At first glance, it looks like Mass Detonation is mostly useless if you run with Fireburst and Flame Cascade in your load out. You definitely won't need all three anymore.

Recalculating Power Base Damage is a pain. Even more so because I can't take off all my gear to simplify things anymore with the CR differential. I'll get around to it, but it may take a while.
    • Like x 2
  19. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Does burning determination no longer work?
    Also, something I would like tested if you find the time;
    Inferno>BD>FW>Flashpoint>FB.
    This is a melee Loadout I use. I wonder how it fares with the increase to FP.

Start w/ inferno>BD>FW into FB then FP. Should get 2 FB first rotation then you need Inferno>BD followed with another FB. FP should be able to clip with FW after and the timing should have it as soon as FW comes off cool down. I'd like to know what 60 seconds are looking at with this used at melee range. Thanks!
  20. L T Devoted Player

UPDATED BASE DAMAGE
    =====================
    No change to most powers (that I've seen so far) without PI/Volatility. The exception is Flashpoint which doesn't take advantage of a PI for extra damage.

Fireburst MIDRANGE was 218-300 base damage (259 average). Seems to have DECREASED to 218-261 (240 average). May need additional data samples.

The new SHORT RANGE (<7m) Fireburst is 257-331 total damage (294 average). So Fireburst picks up a 25% buff at point blank range.

Flame Cascade goes from 28-36 base damage to 115-136 base damage -- about a 230% increase. This is now an extremely useful power.

Mass Detonation numbers are very rough (only about 15 samples) but it appears to have been buffed from 138-173 to 185-218 at long range.

The new MIDRANGE Mass Detonation does 228-260 (average 244) base damage.

Flashpoint's average base damage has gone from about 20 to just under 35 (31-37).

STILL TO COME:
    Overheat, Backdraft, Detonate.
    • Like x 1