Bad luck counter broken !?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xpoipoix, Sep 4, 2015.

1. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

Yes. I get that.

However... 2 drops in 50 boss fights is the point... On a system that increases your chances of rare when you don't get one.
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Boy, don't I know it ;) :p
    • Like x 2
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Touché Torikumu, Touché
    • Like x 1
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

I got a question. Once u get to rare item dropping does it reset if u pass? Example I knew I was close to the threshold bit was in regular. Sure enough 2nd boss 123 feet. Have it so pass. Last boss 123 head peice. Ok I figure if its at the max ill get a further option if I pass.

The reset counter I understand DOES NOT reset until u select the rare. Am I wrong and if not then the system is not working as intended. I passed 2xs on a 123 replayed the elite and never saw a rare 123. Regardless ill be nurning the other 600 replays I have so its kinda moot. Id just like to know going forward
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'd like a clearer much more simple explanation of the system .. Yeah I know it involves number of times not getting anything but junk gear coupled with a set up that offers up the good stuff a small percentage of the time. What I want is more info on what affects those things..

I get a reward box with two 112 armor choices I already have or already have acquired even higher CR armor through game play. So instead I take choice #3 and grab a lair mod, or piece of furniture (to include the Bombshell posters .. which award another feat) or that extra Mark I can actually use to BUY better armor. Does that still count as not getting a CR 116, 119 or 123? Or was I supposed to take the 112 to up my chances?

I get a reward box that actually has, as an example, a CR 116 back piece in it BUT I already have a CR 116 back on both my roles and really don't need another BUT that same box also had a 112 mask and my character was still wearing one of those with a CR of 108. Did me picking the lower CR piece I actually needed screw up the bad luck cycle because I didn't take that 116 piece I had no use for other than salvage?

Lets get serious here.. 112 armor has been around since HOP2 and we are now two episodes beyond that and still getting 112 as our default junk gear. I have 10 alts all between CR 130 and CR 133 and between all of those I have a grand total of 7 pieces of armor that are not already CR 112 or higher.. BETWEEN both my primary and alternate roles. That's 7 out of a total of 280 pieces of armor or 2.5% (7 /280). I have converted so much 112 armor in R+D salvage that I have three different alt holding Simple Materials, Complex Materials and VII Focusing Elements. I am actually just selling the stuff now because it will take forever to use up what I have thanks to the new armor distribution set up. So when I get a reward box with two CR 112 weapons that my character doesn't even USE let alone need I pick reward box number three. Now with using a detailed chart or some mathematical explanation requiring a degree in Calculus .. Do my chances for a better armor drop increase or decrease when I select box number three?

I'll be honest.. I don't know if it will make a difference in many cases. If that third option is furniture including the Bombshell posters I'll take it.. The more furniture I have in my lairs the more prestige I earn for my league and the more league buffs I get a benefit from because of that furniture.. Plus the posters have a feat attached that adds more points toward getting another Skill Point. Plus they look great on the walls. I still have some alts that benefit from the lair mods so if a 7.2 or 7.3 is available I will take that over armor I don't need or want. And unless its armor I can actually USE I will always grab an Extra Mark when those are available as a reward.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

No, people arent going to stop burning through replay badges. That is too hard. They will just quit the game.

The problem is that the best gear is barred behind RNG. DCUO is the only MMO on the PS4 to do this. Even the other F2P games dont do this.

So as long as people buy into this RNG system, the system is working just fine. However if people stop, quit the game, etc over this. Then something will be changed to fix this. However 2 years of this system and its still going strong with this episode, so no. You will get no change to this system.

And may the drops be so ever in your favor.
    • Like x 3
  7. Avian Dedicated Player

Response in read.
  8. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

So 1 thing to consider about that the drop rate with the alert is being daily might have lowered it drop rate substantially if 1:8ish was the rate for the raid designed to be a once weekly thing then a daily might be more like 1:20ish kind of thing. We cant assume anything about the alert drop rate based off of raids, it probably will be much different. Not defending this system at all just saying.
    • Like x 1
  9. Senko Committed Player

Blink, Blink You have TWO "elite" item pieces to charge up your base generator? If so congratulations I've managed to get 2 123's not elite though so they don't work, a few 119 and a whole pile of 112's. Of course there was that glitched loot bag I couldn't open which eventually timed out and gave me a 112 necklace so I suppose I should count that as a 123 elite something since that's probably what the other choice was hence the glitching.

I do feel that if they're staggering the content like this they could have silenced a lot of complaints by upping the minimum for the elite. That way you run it and you're guranteed a 116 as basic drop meaning a guranteed increase for the 112's but the vendor 118/121 and the 119, 121, 123, 123 "elite" are all still better giving them their income stream and people a reason to run the alert. Afterall it is an "elite" alert it should have "elite" drops right? Of course speaking personally I'm in it for the styles and the struggle to get energy armour much less elite energy armour is driving me up the wall.
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Well there are also those of us who would like nothing more then to use replays...... but seeing how horrible the drop rate is.... no way.

You have to have a gambling problem to use replays in DCUO.

Is that really what he Devs want???
    To milk $$$ out of those with a gambling problem??

Why not have more reasonable drop rate and try to get everyone to use replays instead of just a small % of people???

Unless the gambling addict are a huge % of people???:eek:
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

No thats how F2P works. Milking a small percentage that pays alot for the game. If 5% are resetting it daily. Thats all they really need.
  12. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

You know there's something wrong when you get better gear in the Regukar DC Alert compared to the Elite Alert :rolleyes:

Edit: I don't spend replays on anything but SP anymore. There's no sense in Replaying content that's out to get your money.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Somehow.... that seems short sighted to me.

Wouldn't it be better to get

100 people to spend $5 = $500

Instead of 5 people to spend $50 = $250

????

Of course if those

5 people spend $200 = $1000

I can see how that encourages this trends.
    But still once you re done milking those 5 people and they decide to leave the game.....
    then you are left with $0.

But what do I know. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

He's talking about the Elite alert though, and that's weekly.
    • Like x 2
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Essentially..... the way the counter works.....

It pretty much turns every mission into a slot machine.

If you play the mission once..... and don't get anything
    Then you replay the mission..... and don't get anything.

So now you have to keep on replaying the mission
    Or run the risk of resetting the bad luck counter on some other mission.

So you pretty much have to replay..... replay..... replay....... until you hit the Jackpot.

There are rules regulating gambling...... but video games are not seen as gambling....... yet......
    but the way DCUO operates......
    sooner or later someone will start thinking that video games that operates like a slot machine should also be regulated.

Guess we will have to wait and see.
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes.... even if you pass...... it resets the counter.

Sorry. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  17. Sbel Devoted Player

1. The bad loot limiter tracks the drops you could choose, not the one you do choose. The 123 dual pistols resets it even if you don't choose it. Choosing an extra mark instead of a 112 will not reset it.

2. 116 and 119 gear don't count as rare.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...uck-counter-broken.259568/page-3#post-3401203

3. No. The top gear in HoP2 was 110. The junk gear was 98.
    • Like x 1
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Maybe they screwed up and put the elite on the same loot system as the normal, essentially treating it as a daily instead of a weekly. It might explain posts like "I ran it 50 times and only received 2 items." I'm still not sure I buy the 2 in 50 thing, though. 2 drops from 150 bosses? Maybe 2 usable drops that weren't duplicates, but 2 total is difficult to believe unless the loot and bad luck counter are completely magnafoozled.
    • Like x 1
  19. Biester New Player

Soooooo........we play a game that gives us better gear each month to increase our stats but the system of obtaining the gear is set up so that you cannot obtain the gear?

Luck-based drops are incentive to quit playing this game.
    • Like x 1
  20. Unida Dedicated Player

i think ive done the elite maybe 5-7 times across all my toons, got the elite belt last night - first piece.

as mentioned in some other threads - care less about it, then when it happens - its cooler.

dcuo isnt the game to grind gear on any more.