EPISODES 15, 16 and 17 ARE 1: 3 MONTH CYCLE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by protecter of tomorrow, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

EXACTLY like the post states.

For ALL of those who will continue to complain EVERY TIME a new DLC comes out, please REMEMBER that this is STILL the 3 month content we have ALWAYS gotten BUT has changed to a 1 MONTH CYCLE in releases.

BOTTOM LINE: it is in fact going to be the same when they get to the NEXT 3 MONTH CYCLE. As an example let's say that when EPISODE 18 drops and the " TRASH gear " is ( for argument sakes ) 119. Then for ALL EPISODES ( 18, 19 and 20 ) the " TRASH gear " will still be 119. ONLY the VENDOR and DROPPED gear will have the higher cr for that episode. Just like now we have 118 and 121 VENDOR, and 120 and 123 DROP gears now. Next EPISODE will be 124 VENDOR and 126 DROPS. This is in NO WAY different then ALL 3 MONTH CYCLES before.
    • Like x 6
  2. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

People in this game have a short term memory problem.
    • Like x 4
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not really.

Now with the monthly updates..... we will now collect even more gear then before.

Episode 15..... I changed my gear about 2.4 times....... IN THE FIRST WEEK.

And odds are I will now do the same with episode 16.

So now instead of changing my gear 2.4 times every 3 months......... it will be EVERY month.

Meaning lots of gear to mod too.
    The increase could be to encourage the sales of recovery kits??? :eek:
    • Like x 6
  4. Yui Loyal Player

In other words, promoting pay-to-win.
    • Like x 4
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Either that or promoting spending lots and lots of time gathering Exobits to fabricate mods.

Also they did not add T7 Mods to the vendor.

So they really want us to either spend a LOT of time farming for Exo...... or spend $$$ to buy recovery kits???
  6. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

There is no pay to win in this game.
    • Like x 3
  7. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

That comes down to that persons preference. I myself was NOT going to collect the 112 drops except for pieces which i would not have to mod. for example the 112 weapon. I only modded the 118 VENDOR or the 120 DROPS. I will continue that same trend into this months VENDOR and DROPS. The " TRASH gear " is for those that are willing to REPLACE mods until they get something better OR it is just for SALVAGE or SELL.

BOTTOM LINE: The 2 SETS they give us EACH month will still after the 3 MONTH CYCLE be the SAME SETS we are working on now EXCEPT some pieces are 118 / 120 , 121 / 123 and ( next month ) 124/ 126. ALL THE SAME 2 SETS as now. Look at the STYLES on these to see what i'm talking about. LASTLY the " TRASH gear " for ALL episodes ( 15, 16, and 17 ) WILL BE 112 / 116.
  8. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

From my understanding we will not see EXPERT 7 MODS until next month on last of the first 3 month cycle.
    They DID however ADD the AFFINITY GENERATOR MODS for OUR ELITE gear. You find this VENDOR in the TECH wing OPPOSITE side of the R&D station.

BOTTOM LINE: It is a business after all so if they can get some to BUY replays or recovery kits then they are in essence doing their job right.
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No.... there are more sets then before.

Yes.... episode 15 there is only 4 pieces of the iconic set. The pieces are 118??

But you also have the 112 set, the 116 set, and the 120?? set.
    So 3 different sets for just one month AND the iconic gear.

Then episode 16... again only 4 pieces of Iconic sets (121.... I think???).
    Still a 112 set and a 116 set...... trash...... unless you have been real unlucky and still have some 98 gear for some reason??

But then you have the 123 set...... and the Elite set.
    Again..... 2 or 3 sets.... depending on how you want to look at it.

Already..... in just 2 months..... we had more new gear then we used to have in 3 months before.

And we still have one more month to go.

Hope this makes sense..... been up wayyy too long..... need some sleep. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Xanoth Dedicated Player

It's monthly.
    Vendor gear varies in levels.
    Dropped gear has three tiers and also varies in levels.
    We also waited 3 months for 1 month of content.

There are lots of ways this is different than previous cycles, not just those listed above.

Gear is being replaced monthly, not quarterly.

You get a temp ban on the forums for making demands of the developers repeatedly, now you seek to silence what are valid criticisms of both the change in format and the ongoing issues with item distribution.

This is different, and there will be issues with the first cycle. I'd rather get my complaints out there now, loudly if needed, and hope for a better cycle starting with episode 18.
    • Like x 5
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

So that is where you get the mods/?? thanks.
    Have no elite gear yet.... but still good to know.

Yes it is a business.

Heck they could raise the subs to $50 per month if they wanted to make more money.

Of course....... no one would sub at that price.

So they try to get people to play $50 a month some other way (selling recovery kits, Amenities, Legends, etc).

Heck I bought more Armories then any sane man should ever buy....... but still there will be a time when they will go to far and end up losing players.
    • Like x 1
  12. Yui Loyal Player

Buying power respec tokens to change to the FOTM = Pay to win
    Replaying content just to get the best gear faster than everyone else (Replay Badges) = Pay to win

Yeah, keep telling yourself there's no pay to win in this game.
    • Like x 11
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's not "pay to win"..... it's NOT.

It's.... it's....... "pay to progress faster". (can you hear Robin say "Holy Semantic Batman"??) ;) ;) ;)
    • Like x 5
  14. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Buying respec tokens= you're a scoreboard chaser
    Using replay badges= you're impatient and a score board chaser (or you just might need the marks)
    Complaining that the game is pay to win when this is a team based game= you are also a score board chaser.
    • Like x 3
  15. Dr Torched Well-Known Player

Eh, You're that guy.
  16. Zpred Dedicated Player

Buying and using replays is just to better your chances and improve the speed of gearing or farming marks or using to purchase feats on alts.

Buying power tokens to just be fotm power for pve is scoreboard chasers.

Buying power tokens to switch to x power for an advantage in pvp with the state that powers and pvp are in atm, is pretty much pay to win. Not gonna mention the powers because you guys already know and the forums are flooded with it.

But yea that's how I see it, but not complaining, just saying :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

How about
    using replays = getting more feats faster
    getting more feats = more SP
    more SP = more powerfull in Arena PVP
    more powerfull in Arena PVP = ........... no idea....... tried to add a 4th step..... but just too tired to do so.

Time to get some sleep it seems. ;) ;)
  18. Msstat1c Committed Player

What are you winning? You mean like the "pretend kind of win?" No one gets anything, except maybe a big ole smile on their face, for changing powers or gearing up at hyper speed. Everyone's a winner here. Go ahead, say to yourself "I am a winner!" Don't sweat those stinkin badges and respec tokens.;)
    • Like x 3
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In PVP you win extra Mark of Valor for winning the match thanks to having extra SP for better stats..... or even better having the FOTM.

;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Xanoth Dedicated Player

1. Use Replay badges.
    2. ...
    3. Profit
    The push for total recovery kits and replays, intended or not isn't pay to win, but it's certainly going to leave players rubbed up the wrong way.
    Obligatory link to extra credits about free to play / micro-transactions.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.