DCUO Leagues

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by SladeOriley, Aug 28, 2015.

1. SladeOriley New Player

What are you ideas on making leagues more fun and inviting? What are your opinions on what would make them mean more?
    I love the whole idea but it seems to be lacking. The ranks are fruitless, and what's it for members besides having an extra line of letters under their name?

My ideas to help make it better were......

1) Make it possible for the leaders to reward their members upon leveling up, recruiting, completing feats...ect
    2) Allow players to request to join leagues
    3) Leaders create missions/challenges for league induction
    4) Create a rivalry/alley system
    5) Allow leaders to create more leagues and position their top members over them

Feel free to share your ideas. Thank you for your time.
    • Like x 2
  2. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I agree, most of the leagues i ever joined were just another line of letters under the name.

What im trying to do now for my league is precisely to have ranks divided by "challenges" that need to be completed, however that is still a W.I.P. since said challenges need to be attainable for all powers x_x

I think it would also be cool if we could add "descriptions" to the ranks, so we could list what each rank meant and the requirements for it, since a question that leagues hear over and over is "how do i rank up?"

Maybe allow players to write some sort of "bio" or intro for their characters that could be viewed by their leaguemates.

Those are just some ideas that imo would bring "life" to the league system.

Also league halls could have a certain amount of "doors"(teleport spots) that could be linked to some of the league member bases, they could be given as a "perk" to some players that contributed to the league.
    • Like x 2
  3. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

League Hall could be more practical. We have the mailbox and R&D as amenities, but without the R&D vendor, broker and personal bank, it becomes mostly useless.

Custom Chats that are linked (via database) to the league and have permission control. Currently, custom chats are fully public with no admin controls. This becomes a problem over time as people switch allegiances and also creates garbage data.
    • Like x 2
  4. SladeOriley New Player

That is an awesome idea because I also like to have chemistry with my members. I try to let all my members know that they are important. No members=no league
    • Like x 1
  5. SladeOriley New Player

That is a great idea as well. Also league specific missions would be cool too. It would make it feel more important as a group of heroes/villains.
    • Like x 1
  6. SladeOriley New Player

I tried talking to developers, but never got a reply. I decided to bring this public.
  7. Tannen Committed Player

What Aion (another MMO) did was use a Legion (League) Quest system that rewarded a Legion specific token to individuals. Finishing a series of Legion Quests allowed for the Legion to be upgraded, which unlocked access to more goodies for Legion players. Once a Legion reached the max upgrade level, further repeatable quest series rewarded individuals with better rewards.

I could see something of a similar nature added to Leagues in DCUO, unlocking new rooms, and more/better amenities as the League was upgraded.
    • Like x 1
  8. SladeOriley New Player

That would make sooo much since in order to boost prestige and all around gameplay. Great idea and thanks for sharing.
  9. SladeOriley New Player

Any suggestions? Fire away.
  10. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

Not having a bunch of Xs in the league name is always a plus. Visually. Like if "League Name" is taken, then just think of something else rather than XxLeagueXXNamexX
    • Like x 1
  11. SladeOriley New Player

Lol, that is fairly annoying.
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

What would make our league more exciting? People, I suppose. :p
    • Like x 1
  13. SladeOriley New Player

Always an option. Thanks for sharing
    • Like x 1